Photo

CCM Custom Skates

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 B.D.M

B.D.M

Posted 21 April 2018 - 02:37 PM

They will not be $1400, and their fit system is very very neat.

can't say much more at this point.

#22 B.D.M

B.D.M

Posted 21 April 2018 - 02:38 PM

http://www.jerryshoc...r-custom-skates

#23 B.D.M

B.D.M

Posted 21 April 2018 - 02:41 PM

Looks like my hockey store was right on Pricing
around $1400 cdn for custom made skates.

#24 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 22 April 2018 - 01:53 AM

That would be pretty sweet if they actually did do a custom mold for your foot and not just pick from one they already have that is closest to your foot

#25 jordanm

jordanm
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:12 AM

Looks like my hockey store was right on Pricing
around $1400 cdn for custom made skates.

Current top of line skates are 950USD which is just over 1200CDN bought from states

Same skate in Canada is 999CDN. 

I would be very surprised if it was a straight conversion for price, since nothing else is 

MIC Franchise gloves for sale? PM me!
@myfriendmonty

https://www.instagra...m/jordanmoffat/

#26 DeweysDoughnuts

DeweysDoughnuts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:31 PM

That would be pretty sweet if they actually did do a custom mold for your foot and not just pick from one they already have that is closest to your foot

It is a full custom mold, and is an extra $100 on top of the retail prices...so $850 + $100 on the AS1s

#27 B.D.M

B.D.M

Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:45 PM

This is what I was told by the CCM rep here in Montreal.
Ccm super tacks As1 & ccm Ft1 one piece boots for custom skates 2 option prices
1st option
Com 3d scan of your foot they send the info to CCM of the scan they make the mold from the scan
That was taken of your feet,they insert the mold to which model you pick from (the box retail ft1 or As1)and heat press the mold inside the boot to shape it.takes 7to8 days to get back from ccm
Price $100 cad on top of the price of the skates

Option 2
Custom made skates As1&Ft1 from scratch meaning complete custom skate is $1300 cdn.

#28 B.D.M

B.D.M

Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:55 PM

My kid got the As1 straight from the box the skates were amazing fit was just like she was wearing flip flops. She just got them baked in the store and the skates were done.She tells me that the As1 feel like you don't feel the ice when your skating and she feels she is faster on her take offs.Its been 3 practices so far will see how they hold up.But big difference from the 50k she had.

#29 DeweysDoughnuts

DeweysDoughnuts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:26 PM

Will be doing the full custom AS1s soon and will post how the process went 

#30 Shogun

Shogun

Posted 09 May 2018 - 09:13 PM

This is what I was told by the CCM rep here in Montreal.
Ccm super tacks As1 & ccm Ft1 one piece boots for custom skates 2 option prices
1st option
Com 3d scan of your foot they send the info to CCM of the scan they make the mold from the scan
That was taken of your feet,they insert the mold to which model you pick from (the box retail ft1 or As1)and heat press the mold inside the boot to shape it.takes 7to8 days to get back from ccm
Price $100 cad on top of the price of the skates

Option 2
Custom made skates As1&Ft1 from scratch meaning complete custom skate is $1300 cdn.

For option 1, would the scan predict the length and heel width of a skate? I wear a 7D, but I know 6 3/4 would fit perfect. My right heel is a bit more narrow than my left. I was wondering if a scan would get a complete mold like 6 3/4 and a AA heel on my right skate.

#31 DeweysDoughnuts

DeweysDoughnuts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 09 May 2018 - 11:07 PM

For option 1, would the scan predict the length and heel width of a skate? I wear a 7D, but I know 6 3/4 would fit perfect. My right heel is a bit more narrow than my left. I was wondering if a scan would get a complete mold like 6 3/4 and a AA heel on my right skate.

The scan will tell you the recommended size length and forefoot width wise, but it also gives you a the length of your foot in CM, as well as your forefoot width and heel width in cm. So for instance my length was 29.5 cm on my left foot, and 29.9 on my right foot. That would correspond to a 7.5 on my left foot and an 8 on my right. The scan recommended a size 8. For option 1 they're taking a stock retail boot and compressing it around your foot mold, but not making a skate from scratch that corresponds to your actual measurement. You need option 2 for that

#32 Shogun

Shogun

Posted 09 May 2018 - 11:18 PM

The scan will tell you the recommended size length and forefoot width wise, but it also gives you a the length of your foot in CM, as well as your forefoot width and heel width in cm. So for instance my length was 29.5 cm on my left foot, and 29.9 on my right foot. That would correspond to a 7.5 on my left foot and an 8 on my right. The scan recommended a size 8. For option 1 they're taking a stock retail boot and compressing it around your foot mold, but not making a skate from scratch that corresponds to your actual measurement. You need option 2 for that

Thank you :) Decisions, decisions lol.

#33 DeweysDoughnuts

DeweysDoughnuts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 09 May 2018 - 11:26 PM

Thank you :) Decisions, decisions lol.

Im going full custom since I think it's worth it for the small diff in price....full custom has a ton of more options such as tongue choice, blade and holder, stiffness, boot height, etc

#34 TokenGoon

TokenGoon
  • LocationFinland

Posted 10 May 2018 - 01:30 AM

1300cad doesnt sound too bad for full custom skates, hope the pricing will be same here

#35 B.D.M

B.D.M

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:02 AM

#36 B.D.M

B.D.M

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:05 AM

You Would need Option 2,you would be perfect candidate for full custom skate,that was one of the topic the Ccm rep talked about,some feet need more attention.

#37 B.D.M

B.D.M

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:29 AM

Your store should have a booklet that CCM has left them for the Full Custom skate,you can do almost anything you like liner,boot height tongue
has 3 or 4 different models,eyelets reinforced you can even choose how far or close you want them you can even have the 70k ankle padding added to them,just one more thing 70k maybe coming out with one piece boot construction,Asked the CCM rep and he just smiled...to be continued

#38 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 10 May 2018 - 11:39 AM

You can’t get a lower boot height, though.

#39 DeweysDoughnuts

DeweysDoughnuts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 10 May 2018 - 11:48 AM

You can add 3mm, 6mm, or 9mm to the stock boot height 

#40 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:49 AM

But you can't subtract.