Photo

2018 Warrior VIP Program- QR Edge

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 weskuz

weskuz
  • LocationPA

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:29 AM

It’s that time of year boys! Good luck to all.
EIfWlwS.jpg
-Looking for Warrior Goligoski gloves
-Looking for Florida Everblades gear

#2 Adam

Adam

Posted 02 May 2018 - 02:20 PM

Stoked they brought me back this year. KidCoyote has one too as far as I know

#3 cjprit

cjprit
  • LocationHampton Roads

Posted 02 May 2018 - 02:38 PM

I got a code this year, super excited to try out the new stick

IG:craigjprit

#4 Share5746

Share5746

Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:37 PM

How do you get a code?

#5 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 02 May 2018 - 07:01 PM

I love it. #WarriorVIP :y

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#6 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 02 May 2018 - 10:48 PM

How do you get a code?

For the most part you need to be very active on social media and have lots of followers.

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#7 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:50 AM

Make sure that you tastelessly include small children in your social media posts... if you have them.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#8 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:37 AM

No code here, no surprise here either!

#9 Wanz32

Wanz32
  • LocationKelowna

Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:01 AM

Would love to try one. The Alpha I acquired was pretty good to me

- Always looking for new style stars gear, particularly Bauer! 

#10 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:37 PM

I did not have a good experience with the Alpha QX I got through the VIP program last year.  I'm not one to complain over a free stick, so understand that this is just feedback and not me pissing and moaning over something trivial.

I picked a 75 flex Gallagher (W28).  First few shots, the stick felt off.  Blade felt very dull.  No pop.  No feedback.  It also felt stiffer than any 75 flex I owned.  Another member here who I skate with got the same stick, same curve, same flex.  I tried his and it felt different.  Whippier than mine, and the blade felt a little different.  Still, I did not see why people were raving about it.

I tried another one months later in warmups, and it was completely different.  Definitely felt better (although not my favorite stick irrespective of that fact).

This is purely speculation on my part, but I think the VIP sticks that went out weren't up to standard quality assurance measurements.  There was no way my stick that I got was a 75 flex.  Had to be 85.  And the blade itself was completely off.  I've never had a stick that had a blade that felt as dead as that one did.  The shots came off okay, but I couldn't feel it.  

Makes sense though, right?  Save a few bucks by sending out sticks that might have not been up to standard and let people advertise for you.

I sure as heck wasn't going to pump up their stick on social media if it played like junk.  I also wasn't going to complain about it on social media because I figured I just got a dud.  But I've talked to a few guys who got them and were disappointed or underwhelmed.

Hopefully the QR Edge is a better stick and experience for those who get one.

#11 BigCy76

BigCy76
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:43 PM

I did not have a good experience with the Alpha QX I got through the VIP program last year.  I'm not one to complain over a free stick, so understand that this is just feedback and not me pissing and moaning over something trivial.

I picked a 75 flex Gallagher (W28).  First few shots, the stick felt off.  Blade felt very dull.  No pop.  No feedback.  It also felt stiffer than any 75 flex I owned.  Another member here who I skate with got the same stick, same curve, same flex.  I tried his and it felt different.  Whippier than mine, and the blade felt a little different.  Still, I did not see why people were raving about it.

I tried another one months later in warmups, and it was completely different.  Definitely felt better (although not my favorite stick irrespective of that fact).

This is purely speculation on my part, but I think the VIP sticks that went out weren't up to standard quality assurance measurements.  There was no way my stick that I got was a 75 flex.  Had to be 85.  And the blade itself was completely off.  I've never had a stick that had a blade that felt as dead as that one did.  The shots came off okay, but I couldn't feel it.  

Makes sense though, right?  Save a few bucks by sending out sticks that might have not been up to standard and let people advertise for you.

I sure as heck wasn't going to pump up their stick on social media if it played like junk.  I also wasn't going to complain about it on social media because I figured I just got a dud.  But I've talked to a few guys who got them and were disappointed or underwhelmed.

Hopefully the QR Edge is a better stick and experience for those who get one.

Pretty sure your stick sucked cuz it said " Gallagher " on it...

If you're considering selling off anything Bruins, CONTACT ME FIRST !!!

Feedback

#12 theruz23

theruz23
  • LocationCT

Posted 05 May 2018 - 01:18 PM

Iv given up on getting a code, congrats to the people who get them every year

#13 mc88

mc88
  • LocationOregon

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:08 PM

Hey, hey, hey... no complaining allowed! For those of us who refuse to be data sheep, we pretty much miss out on everything.

#14 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 06 May 2018 - 07:06 AM

It’s like getting picked for dodgeball or flag football. Even the guys that suck get picked over better players because of the know not the who. Like the insta girls that get one and don’t even skate.

#15 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 06 May 2018 - 07:39 AM

As far as I know, this incorrect.The QX I got last year as a VIP, performed and was just as durable as the custom QX stick I got done after Christmas, it would make no sense for a company to send a cheaper version of the stick to the VIP's, it would end up being very bad publicity for them.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#16 JoeT

JoeT

Posted 06 May 2018 - 11:27 AM

I still think they're factory seconds. Wether the paint/graphic is not 100% perfect or possibly wrong flex printed on stick. I've was apart of the VIP for a while and they never seemed correct.

Also, seem a very fishy that every week after the VIP release they "Find" more sticks available. Seems to me more rejects were found.

#17 theruz23

theruz23
  • LocationCT

Posted 06 May 2018 - 02:40 PM

It’s like getting picked for dodgeball or flag football. Even the guys that suck get picked over better players because of the know not the who. Like the insta girls that get one and don’t even skate.

Thats what i hate the most iv always been a huge warrior user and then they go and give codes to people who cant even skate.

#18 Adam

Adam

Posted 06 May 2018 - 04:15 PM

it's a marketing ploy for them they dont care about how loyal a customer is or how much they play or their ability they care about who's gonna deep throat their newest stick all over social media. I was talking to Brae (kidcoyote) about it the other day and told him I see no reason for them to send me one after having received the Alpha and hardly promoting it even though I thought it was a great stick, but sure enough they sent me an email as well.

#19 Maratanator11

Maratanator11
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 06 May 2018 - 08:06 PM

:headbang:  :headbang:

Attached File  IMG_6639 (1).jpg   26.34KB   1 downloads

#20 - M

- M

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:25 PM

Law of reciprocity. You get a free stick and feel obliged to say good things about it.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.