Photo

Peaches Pro Repair - Repalming

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Maratanator11

Maratanator11
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 06 May 2018 - 08:18 PM

Last week I sent out a pair of gloves for a repalm. These were originally sent to Pat for custom work. Pat changed out of the cuff roll, added easton tabs, did some embroidery and also did palms and gussets. Pat's work was great, I just chose the wrong palms. I did the black dragon palms and they were way too grippy for me. So instead of waiting 6+ months for a repalm, I sent them out to Peaches.  So I sent them last wednesday from New Jersey and I got them back today (Sunday) from Oregon. He got them friday and mailed them back the same day.  Unreal. The work is superb.  I asked for pearl mustang palms, but I guess he didnt have it. So he gave me clarino. I was kinda bummed that he didn't reach out to me and let me know before he did the work.  But when I got the gloves, I was fine with it because the palms and very soft and comfortable.  The thumb was a little tight for my liking, but after wearing them for just a few minutes, they already started loosening up.  The work itself on the palm is suberb, and he was able to use the existing gussets.  Price was $45 for the palms, and $20 for 2 day shipping.  I can live with that.

Had issues uploading pics. Check my gallery as I'm gonna try to upload them there.

#2 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 06 May 2018 - 10:03 PM

The work itself looks above average but if i asked for one palm and was given another I would be livid... I don’t care how fast/cheap it is.

#3 mc88

mc88
  • LocationOregon

Posted 06 May 2018 - 10:29 PM

So he gave me clarino. I was kinda bummed that he didn't reach out to me and let me know before he did the work.  But when I got the gloves, I was fine with it because the palms and very soft and comfortable.  The thumb was a little tight for my liking, but after wearing them for just a few minutes, they already started loosening up.

I had the same thing happen. I thought it was just a one-time mistake, but now that you've had the same experience: I asked for some nash (and he stated he had it), but gave me clarino instead. I was initially a bit bummed, but after using the palms for a month or so, they've been pretty solid palms. My guess is that he doesn't have any other palms other than clarino...

I'm not super picky about palms and seeing as how old the dude is, I didn't want to raise hell (and to be honest, I've come to like the palms, and his work on my gloves was solid). But... buyer beware.

I heard someone else recommend hockeymenders as an alternative.

#4 Junkyard Athletic

Junkyard Athletic
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 May 2018 - 11:13 PM

Last week I sent out a pair of gloves for a repalm. These were originally sent to Pat for custom work. Pat changed out of the cuff roll, added easton tabs, did some embroidery and also did palms and gussets. Pat's work was great, I just chose the wrong palms. I did the black dragon palms and they were way too grippy for me. So instead of waiting 6+ months for a repalm, I sent them out to Peaches. So I sent them last wednesday from New Jersey and I got them back today (Sunday) from Oregon. He got them friday and mailed them back the same day. Unreal. The work is superb. I asked for pearl mustang palms, but I guess he didnt have it. So he gave me clarino. I was kinda bummed that he didn't reach out to me and let me know before he did the work. But when I got the gloves, I was fine with it because the palms and very soft and comfortable. The thumb was a little tight for my liking, but after wearing them for just a few minutes, they already started loosening up. The work itself on the palm is suberb, and he was able to use the existing gussets. Price was $45 for the palms, and $20 for 2 day shipping. I can live with that.

Had issues uploading pics. Check my gallery as I'm gonna try to upload them there.

Did you confirm he had the mustang palms to begin with? Just curious...

#threadcloser

#5 jordanm

jordanm
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:40 AM

CPR has always said you if you are getting just a repalm with no others work including gussets. They can get it done much faster and will give you the palm you asked for or confirm with you got options.

I also would be furious getting back something I didn’t order/ask for no matter how quick the turn around was

MIC Franchise gloves for sale? PM me!
@myfriendmonty

https://www.instagra...m/jordanmoffat/

#6 Maratanator11

Maratanator11
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:45 AM

Did you confirm he had the mustang palms to begin with? Just curious...

He didn’t confirm it. But in our emails, he never mentioned that he didn’t have it either.

I get why aomeone would be mad about that. I was a little bummed, because he told me after he already did the work. But I am happy with the final product.

#7 Wanz32

Wanz32
  • LocationKelowna

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:47 PM

Having dealt with Peaches in the WHL personally, he is a stand up guy. 

- Always looking for new style stars gear, particularly Bauer! 

#8 Chriss8899

Chriss8899

Posted 07 May 2018 - 01:25 PM

CPR has always said you if you are getting just a repalm with no others work including gussets. They can get it done much faster and will give you the palm you asked for or confirm with you got options.

I also would be furious getting back something I didn’t order/ask for no matter how quick the turn around was

Sorry if i missed it but who is cpr ? looking for a 1-2 week turnaround for just a  clarino repalm myself . Looks like a few options, but with mixed reviews. 

#9 TokenGoon

TokenGoon
  • LocationFinland

Posted 07 May 2018 - 02:01 PM

Sorry if i missed it but who is cpr ?

Custom Pro Repair

#10 Junkyard Athletic

Junkyard Athletic
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:15 PM

He didn’t confirm it. But in our emails, he never mentioned that he didn’t have it either.

I get why aomeone would be mad about that. I was a little bummed, because he told me after he already did the work. But I am happy with the final product.

Fair enough; just wondered.

#threadcloser

#11 blazer88

blazer88
  • Locationlong island n.y

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:56 PM

Hey Guys , right now I have 4 pair at CPR ( I sent them stuff , no else does - cuff roll color change , build new cuffs ). There are other good shops other than Peaches , Georges in St Paul MN does great work ( have a pair there now ). Also there a new shop ,  Skate Tech Skate Sharpening & Equipment Repair outside St Louis. These guys are former ST Louis Blues equipment guys. Many pictures on facebook & they look like they do Awesome work. going to send them some stuff soon. Their facebook link is 3rd down in the power sellers section here. 

#12 50on19

50on19

Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:05 PM

Does anyone do a green dyed palm?

#13 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 08 May 2018 - 08:32 AM

In past summers I've had Pat do a repalm in 3 days. Its definitely not a long wait for just a repalm. Its not really worth it sending it to anyone else IMO. At least with Pat you know you're getting back exactly what you asked/paid for. 

#14 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 08 May 2018 - 08:54 AM

Is it possible for CPR or another company to change the coloring of the embroidered logo on the cuff (Warrior red to white with red outline), just the finger gussets (not the whole palm), and the color of the binding (from black to red)? Any idea on what those mods would run?

#15 blazer88

blazer88
  • Locationlong island n.y

Posted 08 May 2018 - 09:32 AM

Yes , on these they changed cuff roll to black w / royal letters , cuff wrist protection piece to black & black binding. at this time of year wait time should be least 4 months( most likely 6 ). don't know current pricing , but a great deal. can only do the cuff roll on Warrior's. maybe less wait time , now that there's not as much pro stuff to do.gallery_1862_1347_511004.jpggallery_1862_1347_218381.jpg

#16 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 08 May 2018 - 12:07 PM

Yes , on these they changed cuff roll to black w / royal letters , cuff wrist protection piece to black & black binding. at this time of year wait time should be least 4 months( most likely 6 ). don't know current pricing , but a great deal. can only do the cuff roll on Warrior's

Awesome, good to know! Thank you

#17 Wanz32

Wanz32
  • LocationKelowna

Posted 08 May 2018 - 07:13 PM

In past summers I've had Pat do a repalm in 3 days. Its definitely not a long wait for just a repalm. Its not really worth it sending it to anyone else IMO. At least with Pat you know you're getting back exactly what you asked/paid for. 

This. I only wanted/needed embroidery done, had the gloves done and back to me inside of 7 days. 

- Always looking for new style stars gear, particularly Bauer!