glove repalming

repair

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 glennmiller

glennmiller

Posted 10 May 2018 - 01:22 PM

New guy from Oxford Michigan- Glenn Miller

Most of you may or may not have heard about me. My name is Glenn Miller and I have been involved in hockey repair, design, manufacture of goalie and hockey equipment for over 40 years.    I built gear for two Olympic teams, scores of pros like Belfour and even Tretiak as well as college goalies.  I retired after a 7 year stint with Vaughn USA on September 1, 2017.  Back building  some vintage gear as well as giving advice and seminars on hockey repair in general including tips on re-palming.  

The reason for this post is to answer a few questions and make myself known and available for advice.  I was recently asked who is the best re-palmer of forward gloves?

I told them that would depend on what you are looking for.   Probably the best overall is Pat up in Montreal.  His experience at Warrior on all the custom things for pros is probably unmatched.   However, he is so busy with pros, juniors, colleges, he has almost no time for the retail guy.    I have seen the work of BAHR, Charlie Locke, Jerrys' in Minnesota, Hockey Menders, Nash,  Peaches  and even the old Stadium Systems company out east that did a lot of colleges for years some time ago.  There are others out there as well whose work I have been exposed to.   I have visited the Eagle factory in Canada since it is attached to Vaughn Canada.  Saw gloves being built from scratch. 

If I had one to pick it, would be Hockey Menders and this is why.  The gloves coming out of there are the closest I have seen to a new glove coming out from the factory.  He replaces gussets, rebinds the thumb and outside of the little finger. As far as I can tell, Pat in Montreal is the only other person doing that.  It makes the glove better in appearance and the binding makes it stronger and less likely to blow out.  He apparently has a good selection of materials for palms as well.  That is always nice.  He is not cheap in price but the work speaks for itself.   You get what you pay for.   Wait times depend on the  time of year.  We were out at Vaughn on pads some times up 20 weeks!  Just my two cents if anybody is reading this.

#2 FP12

FP12
  • LocationMontreal Area

Posted 10 May 2018 - 02:18 PM

Good stuff Glenn,  thanks for posting.

I usual go to CPR & Pat,  his shop is 10-15 minutes away from me.

Frank

#3 crabby

crabby
  • LocationAustria

Posted 10 May 2018 - 02:50 PM

I have sent my gloves to Pat twice. You can‘t find anyone doing the same work here in Europe...
LF
CCM TACKS 80 flex LH Kreps
Purple or green gloves
purple practice jersey

#4 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 12 May 2018 - 07:06 AM

Great first post.

Welcome to sports2k :)

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: repair