Photo

Sandow Sk Gretzky Jersey

Gretzky Edmonton Oilers Sandow SK Gerry Cosby

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tylercurrie

tylercurrie

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:12 PM

Hello anyone.  I recently purchased a vintage Sandow Sk signed Gretzky Jersey.  I believed it was vintage because of some obvious signs.  However the crest is done in a chain stitch which doesn't really match with the Jersey.  The Jersey is a road white Jersey and it is in great condition.  The numbers are triple stitched and the Jersey is well made with super nice mesh.  The tags are Sandow sport knit and Gerry Cosby size medium(40).  My Question is mainly about the Crest. Was this something that someone made and placed on the Jersey.  Was it a crest that was thrown on from old stock?  It doesn't match with any Jerseys of the time era.  However I did see a older pre 1980's Edmonton Jersey that had the exact same chain stitching but it was a little nicer.  Can anyone help me figure out the Jersey date and the nature of the Jersey. 

Just to add one obvious note.  The Gretzky Jersey has no Captain "C" which dates it before 1984.  It also has a Gretzky signature that matches with alot of 1980-82 signatures of his early days with Edmonton.

Thanks everyone.Attached File  jersey 1.jpg   183.45KB   0 downloadsAttached File  jersey2.jpg   128.16KB   0 downloadsAttached File  jersey3.jpg   136.97KB   0 downloads

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gretzky, Edmonton Oilers, Sandow SK, Gerry Cosby