Photo

Glove palm/material overlay question

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:51 AM

Reading the glove bible, clarino and nash appear to be similar with clarino being softer and less durable. Would it make sense to use clarino material as the base of a palm and nash as an overlay? I've only ever used micronash palms so I'm somewhat concerned about thickness. Does anyone have experience with both of these materials? Thoughts/recommendations? The only reason I'm choosing these over micronash is due to color options.

#2 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:21 PM

Depends on which company your talking about. Bauer Nash is standard thickness but warrior Nash is pretty thick

IG: Fooj Media

#3 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:42 AM

Depends on which company your talking about. Bauer Nash is standard thickness but warrior Nash is pretty thick

Whatever CPR uses... I know they do a lot of Warrior stuff, but am unsure what brand of materials they use for repairs.

#4 Parkster44

Parkster44
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 01 April 2020 - 08:11 AM

I wouldn’t go over 0.85mm , 0.8mm is perfect but lowest of the lowest 0.7mm . Not many NHL players go .7 they won’t last more than 5 games in the show .

#5 Adam

Adam

Posted 01 April 2020 - 10:31 AM

KidCoyote needs to be in here commenting, guys had every different palm/overlay combo since warriors were still made in mtl. I hear about it daily almost.

Guy knows his shit

#6 Parkster44

Parkster44
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 01 April 2020 - 12:02 PM

KidCoyote needs to be in here commenting, guys had every different palm/overlay combo since warriors were still made in mtl. I hear about it daily almost.

Guy knows his shit

My comment comes from Ken over at CPR

#7 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 01 April 2020 - 01:37 PM

This topic is almost two years old. Not sure why it was brought back from the dead. I went with Nash on one set of gloves and Nash with spyder overlays on another. No problems

#8 Parkster44

Parkster44
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 01 April 2020 - 05:46 PM

Nice . I brought it back from the dead since I was looking and was asking myself the same question . So if anyone has any questions in the future it lll be here . Hope it’s not an issue lol