Photo

Any ways to remove modern day graphics from sticks?

stick decals vinyl graphics shaft

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 BailetMTB

BailetMTB

Posted 23 August 2018 - 10:27 PM

Recently, my 1n's 2017's graphics have been getting a bit scuffed up near the bottom due to extensive use. That gave me the idea of trying to remove ALL the graphics from the stick so I would just have the cool 18k carbon fiber weave left. Ive tried various different methods including a hairdryer and goo gone but nothing seems to be shaking those vinyl decals. If anyone has any methods of removing all the shaft's graphics it would be GREATLY appreciated. If I get anything that works Il post pics on a test stick before hitting the 1n.

#2 bluhmd

bluhmd
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 August 2018 - 03:54 AM

Sand paper, paint thinner, and elbow grease.

#3 twistoffate19

twistoffate19
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:21 AM

Goof Off has worked for me in removing helmet logos, and has made paint removal much easier than other products. It's pretty strong stuff, so it may take the stick logos off too. Just be careful with whatever you use, because it might take off the grip with everything.

Items for Sale Picture Album Found Here: http://imgur.com/a/JufvE

Always on the hunt for Doughty sticks

#4 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 25 August 2018 - 06:27 PM

That's a lot of effort to make your stick look dumb but I suppose the sanding and a laquer thinner would work

#5 BailetMTB

BailetMTB

Posted 26 August 2018 - 10:29 PM

would the sanding ruin the carbon fiber 18k weave underneath or will it be okay afterwards? 

#6 BailetMTB

BailetMTB

Posted 26 August 2018 - 10:29 PM

That's a lot of effort to make your stick look dumb but I suppose the sanding and a laquer thinner would work

would the sanding ruin the carbon fiber 18k weave underneath or will it be okay afterwards? 

#7 Buzz_LightBeer

Buzz_LightBeer

Posted 27 August 2018 - 01:30 PM

Good luck trying to evenly sand graphics off of a concave shaft

Good Idea; Whistling while you work.

Bad Idea; Whistling while you eat.

#8 Maligator175

Maligator175
  • LocationChicago

Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:13 PM

The best way I know to do this is to go buy an All Black Hockey stick.

#9 bluhmd

bluhmd
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 31 August 2018 - 06:33 AM

It will not ruin the carbon fiber under it. You will have to do it like body work on a car. Start with a coarse grit sand paper and gradually work your way to smoother. Then you will have to wet sand the whole stick to get rid of mild imperfections. After wet sanding and ensuring its smoothed out, you can apply a clear coat to it. You're looking at a lot of work in order to accomplish what you want.