Photo

Where to find Bauer glove thumb fabric?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 24 October 2018 - 10:28 AM

Does anyone know where I can source the fabric for the thumb of a pair of Bauer gloves? Specifically looking for black fabric for a pair of pro stock APX2 that are at CPR being redone. They informed me that they do not have the material. Wondering if anyone else has a suggestion? I'd rather not buy an entire pair of gloves for this small piece so I'm hoping maybe someone else may have already done this and has extra material.

This is the portion I'm referring to:

thumbfabric-vi.jpg

#2 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:11 PM

I've tried sourcing the type of fabric this is and got several different answers:

"Polyester knit"
"Cable"
"Perforated nylon"
"Dazzle nylon"

If you can find out the actual name and/or find a way to source the identical fabric, let me know because I've been wanting to do the same thing as you.

Custom everything.

#3 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 24 October 2018 - 11:33 PM

Does anyone know where I can source the fabric for the thumb of a pair of Bauer gloves? Specifically looking for black fabric for a pair of pro stock APX2 that are at CPR being redone. They informed me that they do not have the material. Wondering if anyone else has a suggestion? I'd rather not buy an entire pair of gloves for this small piece so I'm hoping maybe someone else may have already done this and has extra material.

This is the portion I'm referring to:

thumbfabric-vi.jpg

have pat do that section in blue suede so you can wipe your sweat. Youre welcome in advance  :headbang:

IG: Fooj Media

#4 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 25 October 2018 - 12:15 PM

have pat do that section in blue suede so you can wipe your sweat. Youre welcome in advance  :headbang:

Ha! Well this pair was the only photo I could find that clearly showed the section I was referring to. These are not my gloves. Mine are straight black APX2, but with a random player's name sewn in this area. I'd prefer to have something else stitched in that place, but need to find the fabric.

#5 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 25 October 2018 - 12:16 PM

If you can find out the actual name and/or find a way to source the identical fabric, let me know because I've been wanting to do the same thing as you.

At the moment, it seems like the only option is to find another pair of gloves and cut a section out. I'm just not ready to junk another pair of gloves. If I wanted to do the same for a few pair then that's another story, but I'm just having one pair redone by CPR