Photo

Lidstrom Curve

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Maligator175

Maligator175
  • LocationChicago

Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:55 PM

Went to my LHS today, and found they had “P20 Lid” curves in stock. I grabbed one just because. They said if I like it, I can come back in and order more through them if there aren’t any more in stock. It was nice to see something other than P28/P92 on the shelf. Excited to try it out tomorrow.

#2 cthockey

cthockey

Posted 10 November 2018 - 07:08 AM

They must have received it by accident or ordered it incorrectly. Not too many shops choose to have the curve on the shelf anymore. I'd say the Lidstrom and Drury/P91a are dying curves. Every hockey shop has the ability to order the Lidstrom curve in certain models but most choose not to. We have a few customers that still live or die by it and Warrior makes a couple models in that curve. 

#3 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 10 November 2018 - 12:14 PM

I almost never find that curve sitting on the shelf when I walk into a store which kills me since it's been my curve for almost 20 years. I typically have to order customs whenever I need a new stick. fortunately for me I rarely break sticks.

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#4 Maligator175

Maligator175
  • LocationChicago

Posted 15 November 2018 - 10:10 AM

So after two games, my opinion is... where has this curve been the past few years?? I love it. I play D primarily, and this curve is great for my game. I need to get more.

#5 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 16 November 2018 - 10:40 AM

So after two games, my opinion is... where has this curve been the past few years?? I love it. I play D primarily, and this curve is great for my game. I need to get more.

prepare for a lifetime of disappointment unless you go custom or special order.

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#6 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 16 November 2018 - 10:44 AM

Very rare pattern around here too.

Most stores will carry it in T90 and Warrior "pro" sticks.

Im a P91A user myself, and it has been a challenge.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#7 Gefiltefish

Gefiltefish

Posted 17 November 2018 - 01:44 PM

I always loved the Lidstrom curve, but the lie was just too high for me. Maybe because of the rocker as well. The Warrior Wisniewski pattern was a good alternative between a Lids and a Drury.

~Sam~

#8 Maligator175

Maligator175
  • LocationChicago

Posted 17 November 2018 - 02:02 PM

I found another Lid curve, pro stock on HM. Black Friday 30% off as well!

There are 60 P02 curves on PSH right now, similar to P20, without the square toe. For those who love this curve like me. If there are any left by next payday I'm getting one.

#9 Buzz_LightBeer

Buzz_LightBeer

Posted 17 November 2018 - 02:16 PM

There are/were a decent number of CCM P20 on eBay and SLS recently. If you have a shop connection, most places would be willing to order them at booking time if you work it out with them. I used to order niche stuff like that for guys, as long as they were willing to pay half up front. Otherwise P02 pops up on close outs lists with regularity.

Good Idea; Whistling while you work.

Bad Idea; Whistling while you eat.

#10 Cavs019

Cavs019

Posted 17 November 2018 - 03:54 PM

Heel curve = best curve. Never liked the lie, square toe and profile on the Lidstrom however.

If you ever get around to trying CCM P50 that’s the real beauty. I’d happily do a RH 75-80 custom order with anyone on those.