Skate volume help - sizing issue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mziegler

mziegler
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 09 December 2018 - 01:43 PM

Hey fellas

So pretty much after a year with my VH skates (Size 7ish), I happened to be in a store with the Bauer foot scanner. I was super curious so hopped on for fun. Turns out I'm a size 5.5D supreme.

So I tried both the supreme and the tacks and LOVED the fit of the 5.5 vs. the 7. the length felt perfect, but the volume was a bit of an issue in the Supremes. I tried on a 6 and they were definitely too long, but volume was less of an issue.

I ordered a pair of MIC pro stock 1s off of Ebay that came in today (5.5D). Again, length is perfect, but volume is an issue (very much failed the pencil test - the pencil was like a see-saw on the front of my ankle)

With that being said, I can return the skates as long as I dont bake or sharpen them, but was wondering if baking would fix all the issues? Trying to make the most informed decision I possible can before I either bake or return them. 

Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks boys

#2 mziegler

mziegler
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 09 December 2018 - 08:45 PM

Hate to bump so quickly but need to make a decision soon...

also wondering if it might be worth it to just wear a size 6 because the senior skate will have a higher volume - or do I look for a higher volume boot in a 5.5?

Any help is greatly appreciated and again sorry for the quick bump

#3 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 09 December 2018 - 10:08 PM

Definitely go with a higher volume boot and send the 5.5 Supremes back. Baking won't add volume or depth. Try on as many skates as possible at your local LHS and make note of depth, volume, and heel lock. Good luck! 

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#4 mziegler

mziegler
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 09 December 2018 - 10:15 PM

Definitely go with a higher volume boot and send the 5.5 Supremes back. Baking won't add volume or depth. Try on as many skates as possible at your local LHS and make note of depth, volume, and heel lock. Good luck! 

Ya that's what I was leaning towards. Thanks a lot Jake. 

And just to be sure, what skates have higher volume than supreme other than Nexus? Tacks? Jetspeed?

#5 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 09 December 2018 - 10:27 PM

No problem! I'll chat with you in PM's. 

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer.