Photo

CCM sticks - LK vs. Ribcore Pro 3

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tcraig1226

tcraig1226
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 29 December 2018 - 08:16 PM

Hey guys, hoping to get a little input from those of you in the know. I came across a couple of sticks I could pick up in my old favorite curve (p02/p20), one an LK team stick (dressed as Supertacks 2.0) and the other a retail Ribcore Pro3. I know the Pro 3 is the second tier stick this year for ribcore, and have used LK team sticks in the past...I assume they'd shoot fairly similar to one another since they're both low kick. Just curious if anyone here knows how the weight and balance compare between the two. Also, I'm not sure what blade CCM uses in the LK sticks - so any comparison there would be great as well. They're about the same price, so just curious if one is clearly better in balance or performance over the other.

#2 HSelect09

HSelect09

Posted 30 December 2018 - 01:39 PM

Hey guys, hoping to get a little input from those of you in the know. I came across a couple of sticks I could pick up in my old favorite curve (p02/p20), one an LK team stick (dressed as Supertacks 2.0) and the other a retail Ribcore Pro3. I know the Pro 3 is the second tier stick this year for ribcore, and have used LK team sticks in the past...I assume they'd shoot fairly similar to one another since they're both low kick. Just curious if anyone here knows how the weight and balance compare between the two. Also, I'm not sure what blade CCM uses in the LK sticks - so any comparison there would be great as well. They're about the same price, so just curious if one is clearly better in balance or performance over the other.

I'dd personally go with the LK one ... the pop/feel of the stick is still pretty good in comparaison to lower end model.

my personal opinion ! 

#3 tcraig1226

tcraig1226
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 30 December 2018 - 06:04 PM

I'dd personally go with the LK one ... the pop/feel of the stick is still pretty good in comparaison to lower end model.

my personal opinion !

Thanks for your input!

#4 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 30 December 2018 - 11:41 PM

CCM LK sticks are all I’ve been using for a while now. Love them

#5 tcraig1226

tcraig1226
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:00 AM

CCM LK sticks are all I’ve been using for a while now. Love them

Yeah I've been using them in my rotation as well and like them, was just curious how the second tier ribcore offering compared since I could get them for about the same amount. Decided to stick with the LK since it's a known performer for me. Thanks!

#6 Cavs019

Cavs019

Posted 01 January 2019 - 04:38 PM

The Pro3 feels awesome IMO - it’s the best $149 range stick on the market if you go retail. Basically the same ballpark as an LK or Bauer SE.

#7 Maligator175

Maligator175
  • LocationChicago

Posted 01 January 2019 - 08:26 PM

The Pro3 feels awesome IMO - it’s the best $149 range stick on the market if you go retail. Basically the same ballpark as an LK or Bauer SE.

This. I have the Pro3 in P20 and I love it. Weight and performance feels very similar to most pro stocks I’ve had.

#8 HSelect09

HSelect09

Posted 02 January 2019 - 12:40 PM

Would not say that bauer SE are in that range. IMO newer version of the SE (since 1x18) are really performing well and extremely well balance. The pop of the stick is really similar to the regular ones.