Photo

Suggestions for cleaning logo on pants?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:15 PM

Logo on my pants is a bit dirty. I’ve tried the usual like spraying and soaking with Resolve and Oxiclean, scrubbed with a toothbrush, cleaned up with a towel.

As you can see, the CCM logo isn’t exactly white

T4LJquj.jpg

Any other suggestions? It’d be nice to have them cleaner but at the end of the day, they’re meant to get worn so whatever

#2 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:53 PM

Is it possible that the logo is supposed to be off-white? Or were these retail pants or from a team that you know use white-white?

Custom everything.

#3 Buzz_LightBeer

Buzz_LightBeer

Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:19 PM

I'm with 90, it looks too not-white to have ever actually been white

Good Idea; Whistling while you work.

Bad Idea; Whistling while you eat.

#4 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:20 PM

Is it possible that the logo is supposed to be off-white? Or were these retail pants or from a team that you know use white-white?

Ive considered that too, yeah. They’re Chicago Blackhawks pants from the Rockford Icehogs so I’m not sure why that’d be. Can’t recall either team using off-white unless the Hogs did it with their cream alt from a few years ago?

I can’t find a high resolution photo when they were wearing these jerseys to confirm
http://thethirdmanin...on-to-rockford/

#5 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:17 PM

I've had the same issue and nothing will get that cream-colored tint off. I've tried baking soda, lemon juice, Shout stain remover, Oxyclean, you name it. 

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#6 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:30 PM

Ive considered that too, yeah. They’re Chicago Blackhawks pants from the Rockford Icehogs so I’m not sure why that’d be. Can’t recall either team using off-white unless the Hogs did it with their cream alt from a few years ago?

I can’t find a high resolution photo when they were wearing these jerseys to confirm
http://thethirdmanin...on-to-rockford/

Hmm, in that case I agree with you that the logo is probably supposed to be white-white. I can't imagine AHL teams have so much coin as to order new pants with only a logo color change just for a third jersey.

I've got nothing by way of rejuvenating the logo. Have you tried asking your local dry cleaners? Maybe they know of other tricks?

Custom everything.

#7 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:21 PM

Hmm, in that case I agree with you that the logo is probably supposed to be white-white. I can't imagine AHL teams have so much coin as to order new pants with only a logo color change just for a third jersey.

I've got nothing by way of rejuvenating the logo. Have you tried asking your local dry cleaners? Maybe they know of other tricks?

My thoughts exactly. They’d probably use shells if they were to change up their pants.

Ah well. Guess I’ve tried the usual methods and if nothing works, it is what it is. They’re not museum pieces, they’re meant to be played in. Just would have preferred them to be a little ‘cleaner’.

#8 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:22 PM

I've had the same issue and nothing will get that cream-colored tint off. I've tried baking soda, lemon juice, Shout stain remover, Oxyclean, you name it.

Damn. Suppose I could try bleach or even a whitening paint pen but looks like I’ll just deal with a dirty logo