Photo

#MyBauer - Custom gear

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#61 konglung

konglung

Posted 18 February 2020 - 10:23 PM

How do you like the Kane Pro curve. I am thinking about going that route. I bounce between a p88 and the p28. Depends on my mood

I have tons of p10 and its a playmaker's curve. It excels at passing and stickhandling. Good saucer passes and plays a bit similar to a pm9 in fact bc the heel area is so flat. Shooting wise its better than a pm9 but not as good as the p28.

The square toe and longer curve also helps with rimmed pucks and some board battles 

#62 Wheelin89

Wheelin89

Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:39 PM

I have tons of p10 and its a playmaker's curve. It excels at passing and stickhandling. Good saucer passes and plays a bit similar to a pm9 in fact bc the heel area is so flat. Shooting wise its better than a pm9 but not as good as the p28.
The square toe and longer curve also helps with rimmed pucks and some board battles

Did you copy and paste that from the Bauer site?

#63 konglung

konglung

Posted 22 February 2020 - 02:59 AM

Did you copy and paste that from the Bauer site?

nop why do you say that?

#64 twistoffate19

twistoffate19
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 20 April 2020 - 11:20 PM

Question for the people who have ordered the Pro Custom sticks. Has anyone tried the X-Stiff option on the blades? If so, how was the response and feel?

Items for Sale Picture Album Found Here: http://imgur.com/a/JufvE

Always on the hunt for Doughty sticks

#65 konglung

konglung

Posted 23 April 2020 - 12:59 AM

Question for the people who have ordered the Pro Custom sticks. Has anyone tried the X-Stiff option on the blades? If so, how was the response and feel?

Prob like ADV vapor build? Others can answer better for sure

I actually am interested to see if anyone has gotten the 'contrasting build'. I.e. High kick with X stiff blade or low kick with regular blade..Any one?

#66 ChrisMolnar

ChrisMolnar
  • LocationNY

Posted 23 April 2020 - 11:37 AM

How do you like the Kane Pro curve. I am thinking about going that route. I bounce between a p88 and the p28. Depends on my mood

It's a curve that takes some getting used to due to the lie. I've been using it for about 6-7 years, intermittently using the P12 and P92 for short periods, but the P10 is one of the most versatile in my opinion if you learn to use it. Shooting is a non-issue once you figure out where the pocket is, although you will more than likely develop less spin on the puck than a curve with more toe.

#67 Awkoshi

Awkoshi

Posted 02 January 2021 - 01:44 AM

Hey all! Wanted to bump this up to ask a custom-related question without starting a new thread. 

Has anyone ordered custom Bauer sticks and found that the flex plays stiffer than what it's listed as/what its off-the-shelf counterpart might feel like? 

I recently ordered a pack of customer Bauer Flylites in 77 which feel remarkably stiffer -- I'd say between an 82 or 87, to be honest. I'm looking to try again with the Nexus Geo but I'm contemplating whether I need to go down a step so that they'll be closer to a "true" 77. 

#68 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 02 January 2021 - 04:18 AM

Yes. I ordered pro custom 70 flex Nexus kickpoint and they feel as stiff as an 82. That's the biggest reason why I use my Nexus ADV sticks over them.

Custom everything.

#69 MHC07

MHC07

Posted 02 January 2021 - 07:22 AM

I’ve got a 70 flex Ultrasonic. Flex difference is not as big for me, but it I’d say it’s a bit stiffer than a 70 flex as well.

#70 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 02 January 2021 - 08:48 AM

Same here, 77 flex and they feel stiffer.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#71 Awkoshi

Awkoshi

Posted 02 January 2021 - 02:47 PM

Thank god, I thought I was crazy. I’ll pull the trigger on a custom Geo sometime this month and report back whenever I skate with it!

#72 twistoffate19

twistoffate19

Posted 02 January 2021 - 03:44 PM

I ordered a custom Geo in a 95 extended height. I'll also report back when it comes in. Should be here early February according to their estimates.

#73 twistoffate19

twistoffate19

Posted 22 January 2021 - 11:44 AM

So my Geo came in yesterday, and after cutting and prepping it, I would say I agree that it appears to be slightly stiffer than rated, even at the extended height I play it at. Feels closer to a 102 as opposed to a 95, but I'm okay with that. My sticks are all 95-105, so it shouldn't bother me on the ice, but I do agree with what has been posted above, this stick is stiffer than the flex I ordered it at.

#74 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 27 January 2021 - 06:07 AM

Isn't strange that the flex would be different from retall? Most Bauer pro stock sticks Ive used, flex was like retail.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#75 twistoffate19

twistoffate19

Posted 27 January 2021 - 02:23 PM

I'd agree to that. I have a 2NPROXL that is 95 flex, as well as a couple 95 flex ADVs, and this Geo is definitely stiffer despite my ordering it as a 95. All the sticks are cut to the same height as well. I'm wondering if maybe they do like Warrior used to do. I ordered custom Warriors for a while, and whatever length I ordered, that would be the flex. The flex wasn't measured from standard height, it was measured from the length I would order the stick at.  Maybe the myBauer stuff is run on a different production line that does it that way?

#76 Awkoshi

Awkoshi

Posted 27 January 2021 - 04:26 PM

Isn't strange that the flex would be different from retall? Most Bauer pro stock sticks Ive used, flex was like retail.

It's remarkably strange and honestly pretty frustrating. I'm sitting on a pair of Flylites that are basically useless since they're too stiff for me. I'd be curious to hear how many other customers have found this and have possibly had bad experiences. 

On the plus side, I've got a 70 flex Geo arriving this week -- I'll report back to give comparisons once I crack it open. 

#77 Awkoshi

Awkoshi

Posted 01 February 2021 - 12:49 PM

It's remarkably strange and honestly pretty frustrating. I'm sitting on a pair of Flylites that are basically useless since they're too stiff for me. I'd be curious to hear how many other customers have found this and have possibly had bad experiences. 

On the plus side, I've got a 70 flex Geo arriving this week -- I'll report back to give comparisons once I crack it open. 

The 70 flex Geo arrived, my first impression is that it feels like something between at 77 and 82 -- haven't had a chance to try on ice though. If Bauer customs keep this trend, I guess I'll just order a flex down in the future. 

#78 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 08 February 2021 - 06:20 AM

The 70 flex Geo arrived, my first impression is that it feels like something between at 77 and 82 -- haven't had a chance to try on ice though. If Bauer customs keep this trend, I guess I'll just order a flex down in the future.

Unfortunately you can’t get a 67 in senior length/shaft dimensions.

Custom everything.

#79 twistoffate19

twistoffate19

Posted 18 September 2021 - 07:12 AM

Bumping an old topic to say that it looks like Bauer updated the graphics on the Pro Custom orders. I really like the silver and Canada sticks personally.  It also looks like they are offering the pro curves (Benn, Laine, etc.) on their retail myBauer orders as well.  I got my Dad hooked on the Benn Pro/P90TM, so I might order him an orange Geo for his retirement with the Benn Pro now.

#80 MHC07

MHC07

Posted 18 September 2021 - 09:22 AM

Graphics look better than before in my opinion. Can can you post some pics after if you get them? Particularly interested to see if there’s a stripe on the underside of the shaft. The previous graphics didn’t show it online but actually had a small white stripe (I’m big on graphics as well as performance)

Bumping an old topic to say that it looks like Bauer updated the graphics on the Pro Custom orders. I really like the silver and Canada sticks personally. It also looks like they are offering the pro curves (Benn, Laine, etc.) on their retail myBauer orders as well. I got my Dad hooked on the Benn Pro/P90TM, so I might order him an orange Geo for his retirement with the Benn Pro now.