Photo

Can someone tell me if this is a lower lie than the W28 Retail?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:27 AM

So I just picked up two Matt Martin QX T8 80 Flex with a slightly taller blade. Used one and the stick seems off. I’m used to using P28/W28 retail or college sticks. This seems like a lower lie than the typical Lie 5 of course. Or is it? The top stick (Alpha QX) is the Martin Pro. The others (QXT/QRL) are team stock W28s.

https://i.imgur.com/1wJwbMk.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6vc1qWS.jpg

Attached Files

#2 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 15 April 2019 - 01:53 PM

I lined the two images up in photoshop and it does look as though the Martin is a hair lower. It's hard to show in one image though.

The Martin might be closer to a 5. The P28 isn't really a 5, more like a 5.5 like the E6 it's based on, but history has sailed that ship on us.

#3 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:49 PM

I lined the two images up in photoshop and it does look as though the Martin is a hair lower. It's hard to show in one image though.

The Martin might be closer to a 5. The P28 isn't really a 5, more like a 5.5 like the E6 it's based on, but history has sailed that ship on us.

Is it crazy to think that’s why it feels odd to me? I just wasn’t getting the same shots or puck handling out of it. Messed with length too.

#4 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:03 AM

I could see it making a difference, especially with that pattern as its lie is so square on the heel half of the blade.

#5 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 16 April 2019 - 07:27 AM

I could see it making a difference, especially with that pattern as its lie is so square on the heel half of the blade.

I noticed that I was shooting considerably higher at the normal Measure link that I have for this pattern in the past . I measure my sticks out standing against the wall and cut them accordingly. I usually lean overly shots And noticed this was a little tougher to get the same power on it

#6 rusty88

rusty88
  • LocationHamilton, Ontario

Posted 23 June 2019 - 08:43 PM

Is it crazy to think that’s why it feels odd to me? I just wasn’t getting the same shots or puck handling out of it. Messed with length too.

Yes, I had a Justin Williams S19 before buying any retail kreps/28 pattern. Had to keep cutting the retail sticks till i got comfortable but truth be told i never could shot as well as the Williams stick.