Photo

Looking for some helmet recommendations

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:08 PM

Looking for some helmet recommendations but have also had good luck with some as well. Currently in a pro stock V08. I’ve been in and out of them for a while. Yes I get it, try them on and feel what’s best but in the day of online buying and selling it’s tougher to do so with a tight schedule. Also sizing can be a gamble

Past models:
CCM V08: I wear Medium in this. Bobbles on my head if hit hard no matter how tight it’s adjusted

Bauer IMS 9.0: Medium as well, no complaints at all just hard to find now. Maybe the best one I’ve used

Bauer 4500: Forget it

Bauer ReAKT 75: Not bad but the thing felt like I was wearing a brick. My Army Kevlar was similar in weight...

Warrior: Never worn a Warrior bucket but open to suggestions

CCM/Reebok 11k: Not bad but the squishy pads soak up sweat and feel wet on my head

CCM Resistance: I cant even keep track of the models, I’ve worn the original top of the line one but I believe that’s just “Resistance”. In Large, the medium was a stretch. The Resistance 100 as well which was pro stock and essentially the same thing as a V08, this didn’t fit as well but the Resistance original was nice enough that I didn’t think about it. Not sure how a V08 is a Medium for me but my heads screaming to get out of a Medium Resistance.

I can’t keep up with what’s what now a days just looking for the best bucket based on the evals above and your personal experience. I think my V08 days are over. I know that no helmet is gonna prevent a concussion but I don’t need the thing falling off my head either.

#2 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:30 PM

I'd give the Warrior PX2 a try. It feels less boxy than the V08 and fits decently similar to the IMS 9.0 in my opinion. 

#3 Cavs019

Cavs019

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:38 PM

I went IMS 9.0 to Reakt 95.

Same shell but the newer padding/ventilation is pretty nice by comparison. Fits a bit tighter than the 9.0. I’m a medium in both but my 95 is almost all the way open whereas my 9.0 is about half way open. Sounds like you’d take a large if you went with it.

#4 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:47 PM

Is the PX2 similar in size? The IMS 9.0 in Medium was perfect, I could swing a large but it was as small as can be and still gave me some play.

#5 Letterkenny

Letterkenny

Posted 04 May 2019 - 01:14 PM

CCM FL500. They are quite durable. Some think they are bulky but they are quite solid beasts.

#6 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 04 May 2019 - 07:25 PM

If you have a rounder head shape, the Tacks 710 is perfect. Of Resistance lineage but I've never worn the Resistance so I can't give insight on differences if any. But I love the Tacks 710 helmet. IMO the best bucket you can buy for $150, and is better than $200+ helmets.

Custom everything.