Photo

Paypal Refund Policy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mc88

mc88
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 May 2019 - 12:24 PM

Just in case you missed it back in April, Paypal will be retaining fees despite whether or not a transaction is complete or has been refunded. This goes into effect on May 7.

As a buyer, it may not impact you, unless the seller decides to only offer a partial refund to retain the fee or charges you an up-front 4% additional cost.

As a seller, you're screwed.

Either way, not good for anyone except Paypal.

PayPal has said that anyone who disagrees with any of their new terms is free to close their account.

After 10+ years of using their service, I felt it was time to close my account.

Unfortunately, since Paypal is the industry standard, it may only be a matter of time before other 3rd party vendors follow suit.

Best of luck,

Matt

#2 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 04 May 2019 - 02:32 PM

WIth Ebay transitioning away from PayPal I suspect whatever replaces them will become a pretty standard option. Not sure if they will own it or partner like the Ebay/Paypal relationship was in the beginning. Stripe has been adequate for my limited use on Sideline, not sure how good they are as a possible paypal replacement. 

#3 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 10 May 2019 - 01:15 AM

oddly i did a refund which is rare the other day and logged onto my paypal to check, you are correct, they kept a few bucks from the sale. I will probably look for a new alternative eventually. 

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)