Photo

Paypal Refund Policy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mc88

mc88
  • LocationSan Jose, Calif.

Posted 04 May 2019 - 12:24 PM

Just in case you missed it back in April, Paypal will be retaining fees despite whether or not a transaction is complete or has been refunded. This goes into effect on May 7.

As a buyer, it may not impact you, unless the seller decides to only offer a partial refund to retain the fee or charges you an up-front 4% additional cost.

As a seller, you're screwed.

Either way, not good for anyone except Paypal.

PayPal has said that anyone who disagrees with any of their new terms is free to close their account.

After 10+ years of using their service, I felt it was time to close my account.

Unfortunately, since Paypal is the industry standard, it may only be a matter of time before other 3rd party vendors follow suit.

Best of luck,

Matt

#2 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 04 May 2019 - 02:32 PM

WIth Ebay transitioning away from PayPal I suspect whatever replaces them will become a pretty standard option. Not sure if they will own it or partner like the Ebay/Paypal relationship was in the beginning. Stripe has been adequate for my limited use on Sideline, not sure how good they are as a possible paypal replacement. 

#3 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 10 May 2019 - 01:15 AM

oddly i did a refund which is rare the other day and logged onto my paypal to check, you are correct, they kept a few bucks from the sale. I will probably look for a new alternative eventually. 

Looking for size large praccy socks, with or without stripes in teal, orange, dark maroon.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)