Photo

Pro Stock Adidas Socks

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Gamee7

Gamee7

Posted 23 May 2019 - 02:06 PM

To anyone with experience with the relatively new Pro Stock Adidas socks sizing, do you find the XL to be longer and wider than the L or is the size difference just on the length?

Thanks!

#2 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 12 June 2019 - 01:23 AM

Yup. I’m 6’3 and I have to pull them up really high just to keep them tight at XL length

#3 strosedefence34

strosedefence34

Posted 28 August 2019 - 02:49 PM

Does anyone find the Adidas Large to run smaller/tighter compared to the Reebok Larges?

#4 nicholas_g

nicholas_g

Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:21 AM

Does anyone find the Adidas Large to run smaller/tighter compared to the Reebok Larges?

I find they run larger and wider. 

All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. 
- Gordie Howe

#5 strosedefence34

strosedefence34

Posted 03 September 2019 - 09:03 AM

I find they run larger and wider. 

Interesting.  These have kevlar sewn into them.  I don't think that has anything to do with it.  Either way they are fine they just seemed to run slightly smaller.  I don't think these socks really stretch out but if they do that could be why.  I was using the same pair of Reeboks for probably 3 years.  Size Large all black practice socks are hard to come by sometimes.

#6 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 03 September 2019 - 12:39 PM

I haven't laid a Reebok/CCM sock over an Adidas sock to compare apples to apples, but I haven't noticed any sizing issues while actually wearing them. If there is, it's not big enough for me to have noticed. I'll have to measure them tonight to see

#7 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 03 September 2019 - 12:55 PM

The Adidas socks (at least mine) are indeed shorter and wider. 

ergkVVI.jpg

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#8 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:54 PM

My experience is the same as Reebok/CCM. Different socks are different sizes. I don't know how many socks I've had from both those brands and maybe it's the batch, year, number of washes, or whatever, but there were always size variances. 

For the sake of this particular discussion, here are 3 different Adidas socks next to 3 different Reebok socks. 

1st pair are pretty much identical in length with the Reebok a tiiiny bit wider

1567557434232-vi.jpg

2nd pair the Adidas have maybe a half inch in length 

1567557479704-vi.jpg

3rd pair Adidas have probably a full inch in extra length 

1567557460535-vi.jpg

For a different way to look at it, here are the same 3 socks from each brand...

The Hawks are noticeably shorter than both other socks. They're also the oldest

1567558142203-vi.jpg

The Adidas are all just about the same length. Red looks a bit shorter in the photo, but nothing noticeable when wearing them

1567558112716-vi.jpg

So not sure how helpful this actually is, but I'm standing by my original comment; they're close enough where I don't notice a difference. It's also worth noting that there were a number of different template tweaks with CCM/Reebok. A few of those are seen above. Other changes include the lower cuff material. On older socks it was a spongy EDGE 1.0 material while newer socks used the same material as the rest of the sock (just like Adidas)

#9 strosedefence34

strosedefence34

Posted 04 September 2019 - 07:28 AM

Thanks for the photos.  I also haven't compared my old socks to my new ones.  It isn't that much of a difference that I would consider jumping up a size just something I noticed.