Photo

How are other brand visors such as GY, Ronin, Hockey Ninja, Tron, Frontier, Hejduk, Tron, etc compared to CCM, Bauer and Oakley?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:24 AM

How are other brand visors such as GY, Ronin, Hockey Ninja, Tron, Frontier, Hejduk, Tron, etc compared to CCM, Bauer and Oakley?  Any other recommendations?

#2 Buzz_LightBeer

Buzz_LightBeer

Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:03 AM

Hejduk visors were very popular at the retail level when I sold them. Zeal, Tron and Tour seemed like cookie cutter garbage, like they were all the same, rebranded.

Good Idea; Whistling while you work.

Bad Idea; Whistling while you eat.

#3 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 30 May 2019 - 09:17 PM

I only have personal experience with Bauer but a guy on my team has used Oakley and Tron and he says the Tron visor scratched up too easily. Otherwise visibility at first was fine.

So I guess if you’re OCD about keeping things shiny Tron wouldn’t be for you. But even if you are, if you’re fine with getting a new visor 2-3 times every 2-3 years as the Tron visor gets scratched up, then the cost would probably come out to be the same ($70-80 for a Bauer or Oakley visor that lasts 3 years vs 3 $30 Tron visors that last 1 year each).

Custom everything.

#4 BureKovy

BureKovy

Posted 01 June 2019 - 03:28 PM

I've used 2 Hejduk visors over the last 10 years and they have held up really well. I would highly recommend them. I had the mh200 for quite a few years but wanted the biggest one they had so I think I got mh400 or mh500 which is a straight cut and provides alot of face coverage.

I tried a Frontier I believe and it didn't last more than several games before some of the film start to come off and I couldn't see.

#5 Liddy019

Liddy019

Posted 01 June 2019 - 08:20 PM

I love my hockey ninja visors. I believe it's the r5 model I have
Liddy:-)

#6 Wheelin89

Wheelin89

Posted 02 June 2019 - 08:10 AM

My frontier visor held up great, zero complaints

#7 Sniper9

Sniper9

Posted 06 June 2019 - 08:55 PM

I got my gy from Amazon and will be a repeat customer. Had it a few mths now no scratches. Can't tell the difference between that and the Bauer hdo I had. Might even be more clear.