Photo

ADV vs 1X Lite Construction

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 23 July 2019 - 07:21 AM

ADV vs 1X Lite Construction, just wondering if there was more to it than just a layer of carbon removed to make it lighter?

#2 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 24 July 2019 - 12:47 AM

The bottom QRT taper, that connects the shaft to the blade, is thinner on the ADV compared to the 1x lite. The blade is also a different construction. You will notice the ADV feels a lot lighter than the 1x lite on the ice, especially when stick handling. You really have to "bear down" with the ADV when you battle in corners. Those are the only 2 sticks I've been using for the past year and a half, so I definitely know the pros/cons for both. 

#3 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 24 July 2019 - 01:37 AM

The bottom QRT taper, that connects the shaft to the blade, is thinner on the ADV compared to the 1x lite. The blade is also a different construction. You will notice the ADV feels a lot lighter than the 1x lite on the ice, especially when stick handling. You really have to "bear down" with the ADV when you battle in corners. Those are the only 2 sticks I've been using for the past year and a half, so I definitely know the pros/cons for both.

Does one seem to last longer than the other or is it expected since the ADV is lighter for it to give out easier?

#4 cthockey

cthockey

Posted 24 July 2019 - 06:38 AM

The ADV technology is in the blade from what I've been told. That is why you are now seeing 1N XL and 1S XL options at the prostock level. They both have the standard shafts but contain the ADV blade which makes them lighter. Haven't heard any difference in the shaft but there could be a slight change. 

#5 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:14 AM

The ADV technology is in the blade from what I've been told. That is why you are now seeing 1N XL and 1S XL options at the prostock level. They both have the standard shafts but contain the ADV blade which makes them lighter. Haven't heard any difference in the shaft but there could be a slight change.

I guess I was always under the impression that the weight reduction came from essentially removing layers throughout not just the blade only. Didn’t know if the ADV tech was simply a weight thing or also tweaks elsewhere. It is even more puzzling now since it’s such a thing why didn’t it hit retail or why did they end up going elliptical taper with the new line?

#6 su13liminal

su13liminal

Posted 24 July 2019 - 08:13 AM

I have zero experience with both, but I have read that the ADV blade has less "ping" and has a more dampened feel. Anyone care to give their 2 cents on how the ADV plays/feels?

#7 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 24 July 2019 - 08:17 AM

I have zero experience with both, but I have read that the ADV blade has less "ping" and has a more dampened feel. Anyone care to give their 2 cents on how the ADV plays/feels?

Definitely not a dampened feel to the blade. This is after one game with one of my BGP2Bs

#8 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 24 July 2019 - 10:45 AM

The ADV is a lot less durable than the 1x lite. I would say its the least durable top tier stick on the market. Blades go soft super quick and crack very easily. 

The ADV has a lot more pop than the 1x lite. You don't have to put as much energy into shots, and they come off quicker. However when you first get used to it, you might feel like you don't have any mustard on it because the stick is so light. But after a while you will adjust and see the difference. I think the best advantage of the lightness of the ADV is in passing. You can send passes fast and get saucers up quickly. The response is instant. 

#9 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 24 July 2019 - 10:48 AM

But essentially they’re like glass. Great well they last but they don’t last

#10 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 24 July 2019 - 10:51 AM

But essentially they’re like glass. Great well they last but they don’t last

Exactly. If Bauer released the ADV to the retail market (without making it limited like the initial release) it would be a complete shitshow for them with the amount of warranty claims. 

#11 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 24 July 2019 - 11:08 AM

Exactly. If Bauer released the ADV to the retail market (without making it limited like the initial release) it would be a complete shitshow for them with the amount of warranty claims.

Is the 1X Lite comparable performance wise but a whole lot tougher? Like a poor mans ADV?

#12 Cavs019

Cavs019

Posted 24 July 2019 - 12:10 PM

I think that’s fair - I still find the 1X Lite to be too blade light even.

My favorite has been my 1X Lite SEs that were made for NCAA use primarily. Feels about on par weight wise with my all time favorite APX 2.

#13 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 24 July 2019 - 12:27 PM

I’ve always liked the 1X line, had a first gen SE and it shot nice but was a bit heavy considering and the puck feel wasn’t totally the same. If a regular 1X Lite is similar to this still I think it’d be a better bet for me. I played one game with these and they’re amazing but I can’t afford $200 a stick every couple months I I keep up with the joneses lol

#14 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 24 July 2019 - 12:28 PM

Pro stock ADVs may be different, but the retail one has a very lively blade however it has next to no puck feel whatsoever. Bauer’s Instagram told me that the retail ADV has the same core as the 1X Lite but from personal experience with both that’s not true.

Custom everything.

#15 HSelect09

HSelect09

Posted 24 July 2019 - 04:49 PM

The ADV is a lot less durable than the 1x lite. I would say its the least durable top tier stick on the market. Blades go soft super quick and crack very easily. 

The ADV has a lot more pop than the 1x lite. You don't have to put as much energy into shots, and they come off quicker. However when you first get used to it, you might feel like you don't have any mustard on it because the stick is so light. But after a while you will adjust and see the difference. I think the best advantage of the lightness of the ADV is in passing. You can send passes fast and get saucers up quickly. The response is instant. 

100% on everything he just said ...been on those 2 stick (adv/1xlite) for the past 2 years 

#16 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 24 July 2019 - 06:04 PM

100% on everything he just said ...been on those 2 stick (adv/1xlite) for the past 2 years

What are you guys getting for lifespan out of the ADVs vs 1X Lites? I’m not hard on sticks but I’m also not interested in playing soft to keep it alive.

#17 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 26 July 2019 - 02:25 PM

My first retail ADV lasted me a little over a month (playing 5-6 times a week). However some guys get less than 5-10 sessions out of them. I've had 1x lites that broke in less than 3 skates though. 9 of them all cracked in the same spot on the back of the blade where it connects to the shaft. 

I haven't tried my new Bauer Pro Customs yet so I'm interested to see how they play compared to the 1x lite & ADV. I built them to be exactly like a 1x lite but with the X-Stiff blade. It's Bauer's lightest and stiffest blade they offer, so hopefully it's durable as well...

#18 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 26 July 2019 - 04:24 PM

My first retail ADV lasted me a little over a month (playing 5-6 times a week). However some guys get less than 5-10 sessions out of them. I've had 1x lites that broke in less than 3 skates though. 9 of them all cracked in the same spot on the back of the blade where it connects to the shaft.

I haven't tried my new Bauer Pro Customs yet so I'm interested to see how they play compared to the 1x lite & ADV. I built them to be exactly like a 1x lite but with the X-Stiff blade. It's Bauer's lightest and stiffest blade they offer, so hopefully it's durable as well...

It’s a shame, I used my first of two ADV pro stocks for the second time today and it feels awesome. I switched over for a few minutes to a Trigger 2 PMT retail that I have and the thing feels like a brick now. I’d hope that if the ADVs don’t last I could downgrade to 1X Lites or 1X Lite SEs and get close to the stick but without having to check my blade after every shift.

#19 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 26 July 2019 - 09:31 PM

What are you guys getting for lifespan out of the ADVs vs 1X Lites? I’m not hard on sticks but I’m also not interested in playing soft to keep it alive.

25/30 sessions went through two and I’m not even hard on my twigs

To be honest, adv is the best stick I’ve ever used, so much pop

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#20 HSelect09

HSelect09

Posted 27 July 2019 - 11:31 AM

Sorry for the delay ... lets say i used 6 ADV ... 5 out of the 6 last me for like a month or 2 max . 5 of those crack in middle of the blade (when you use your toe to shoot you bend the blade so it cracked all at the same spot. 

I do still have 1 ADV that last a bit longer than the other . but in general they perform well but not for a long time. puck feel has also been an issue for me.... the adv is amazing for slap shot (so much pop and power out of it) and overall passing \ defensive stick position since its so light.