Photo

2019 Bauer Vapor FlyLite stick?

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#1 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 10 August 2019 - 07:49 AM

Anyone had a chance to try out the new FlyLite stick?

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#2 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 10 August 2019 - 08:14 AM

In case anyone wants to know how it compares to the 1x lite...

Flylite vs 1X Lite Comparison

Puck Feel: The balance of the Flylite is very blade heavy compared to the 1x Lite making the stick feel a lot less maneuverable and harder to stickhandle with in traffic and tight areas. If you really like to handle the puck and dangle, this stick is not for you. You will not like the weight distribution and will feel like you have to put in too much work compared to a 1x lite. I stick handled with it for over 1.5 hours and it was not fun. Forearms were toast lol. I never felt like that with my 1x lite or ADV.

Shooting: The elliptical taper opens up a lot on shots and pucks go high in a hurry. If you naturally do not turn your hands over quick enough on your shots it is easy to sail pucks. However I would say that slap shots and one timers feel more stable and heavy than the 1x lite. That is due to the "bottom heavy" feeling. I feel like the Fly lite will be a lot more durable than the 1x lite, simply due to construction. 1x lites tend to break on the blade and lower taper region. I've broken over 8 of these in these exact 2 areas. I must include that the Flylite feels a lot more "whippy" than the 1x lite. You will feel more flex in the shaft, but a stiffer bottom area. Which is ideal for clappers and one timers. If this is a big part of your game, you will love it. Snap shots and wristers take a lot more time and effort to load compared to a 1x lite. 

Passing: Saucer passes are really good with the Flylite. The elliptical taper lets you get pucks up quick and with good pace. Saucer passes come off crisp and not "fluttery".

Overall: I found the Flylite very different and challenging. I do not believe the elliptical taper should be used on a Vapor stick. I feel like it would have better off been on a Supreme or nexus. I buy Vapors because I enjoy using a light stick with amazing puck feel and quick release shots. The Flylite does not offer any of these characteristics. However, I do believe that heavier type players and defensemen who take a lot of clappers and one-timers will enjoy the stick. As stated, I also believe the Flylite will be more durable overall compared to a 1x lite. Which is a good thing, because the stick is definitely not cheap. 

gallery_11726_1417_37526.jpggallery_11726_1417_48417.jpggallery_11726_1417_19883.jpggallery_11726_1417_93428.jpggallery_11726_1417_82142.jpg

gallery_11726_1416_18364.jpg

Bauer keeps trying to claim that the Fly Lite is lighter than the 1x lite. It is not. 

#3 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 11 August 2019 - 08:17 AM

Great comparison write up. Thanks :y

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#4 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:33 PM

Not a fan of the elliptical taper at all. I’ve heard from a buddy that the CCM FT2 Jetspeed stick is low key ridiculous, I’m probably going to give that a go

#5 Bgdawg019

Bgdawg019

Posted 28 August 2019 - 05:25 PM

Wildly false review about the flylite being blade heavy. Makes me question the reviewers feel for the puck and ice in general. This stick couldn’t be better balanced and with a stiffer blade to go with it.

Shots can go high if you don’t adjust your hands and feel for what the stick is doing ‘ another thought I had while reading the review ‘ but any experienced shooter will make that change in 7-10 mins into firing pucks.

The kickpoint has changed and moved up the stick about a inch to the taper. Plays like a low/mid rather the a aggressive low kick. This could confuse some as the last three vapors have been ultra low kicks. Flylite is a revert back to the apx days. While it was advertised as ultra low kick. The first gen 1x was Bauer’s attempt at moving it as low as they can.

This is hands down the best stick I have used to date. If you have the extra skrill to spend, you won’t be disappointed.

#6 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 30 August 2019 - 02:04 PM

Wildly false review about the flylite being blade heavy. Makes me question the reviewers feel for the puck and ice in general. This stick couldn’t be better balanced and with a stiffer blade to go with it.

Shots can go high if you don’t adjust your hands and feel for what the stick is doing ‘ another thought I had while reading the review ‘ but any experienced shooter will make that change in 7-10 mins into firing pucks.

The kickpoint has changed and moved up the stick about a inch to the taper. Plays like a low/mid rather the a aggressive low kick. This could confuse some as the last three vapors have been ultra low kicks. Flylite is a revert back to the apx days. While it was advertised as ultra low kick. The first gen 1x was Bauer’s attempt at moving it as low as they can.

This is hands down the best stick I have used to date. If you have the extra skrill to spend, you won’t be disappointed.

Did your employer Bauer tell you to make an account on here and disagree with my review  :rofl:

You made an account 2 days ago and you run to defend the Fly lite for your first post :rolleyes: . You know way too much about the stick and you sound like a rep. Tell Bauer to release the ADV to the public and keep the fly lites in the garbage. There were pro skates at Iceland arena and Varsity Arena (biosteel camp) for the past month and all 5 guys that had Fly Lites weren't even using them. They were all ADVs dressed as Fly Lite. Jack Hughes, Quinn Hughes, Andy Macdonald, Dominic Simon, and Max Domi. 

If the Fly Lite is the best stick you have used to date, I feel sorry for you 

#7 Cavs019

Cavs019

Posted 30 August 2019 - 03:48 PM

The APX2 is better than all of them.

#8 Bgdawg019

Bgdawg019

Posted 31 August 2019 - 10:06 AM

Haha I knew that was coming. I am in no way a Bauer fan boy. But I digress. This is what happens when a player gets a stick that’s out of their league “ pun intended “ and doesn’t know how to use it properly. I see it all the time at the local rinks. First year skaters get the best sticks and wonder why they can’t lift the puck. I am chalking this review up to that.

#9 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 31 August 2019 - 10:31 AM

Please tell me you live in the GTA so I can invite you out to play on one of my teams and see how dusty you play in all your Bauer promo gear  :vomit:    I really wanna see how you put that Fly Lite to use against NHL, OHL, NCAA, junior A players lol. It probably works well for you though in 40+ E league 

Me and 3 other members on this site skate with NHL'ers that you probably dream of meeting one day at your Bauer Christmas staff party 

#10 wobblypops

wobblypops

Posted 31 August 2019 - 10:46 AM

Haha I knew that was coming. I am in no way a Bauer fan boy. But I digress. This is what happens when a player gets a stick that’s out of their league “ pun intended “ and doesn’t know how to use it properly. I see it all the time at the local rinks. First year skaters get the best sticks and wonder why they can’t lift the puck. I am chalking this review up to that.

You are so far off it's embarrassing

looking for Dallas/Texas Stars & UND Fighting Sioux gear

#11 Bgdawg019

Bgdawg019

Posted 31 August 2019 - 01:12 PM

Only own three Things of Bauer. Skates “ of course “ the O’g Re-akt and now imo their best stick. The 1xlite won me back to Bauer sticks after leaving after the total one. The 1N I did try and liked a lot but had wrong curve and flex.

After that the Ribcore and RBZ were my 1-2 for a long time. Tried out the warrior QRL and QRE. So I don’t stick to just one brand and have tried a good bit of twigs. I also know if your forearms are “ burning “ on a sub 390 grams stick, you might need the weight room and Jesus.

#12 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 31 August 2019 - 03:13 PM

You must have not read the part where I said: "I stick handled with it for over 1.5 hours". That amount of time doing drills for anyone gets tiring. Anyways I'm done going back and forth with the village idiot. I gave a fair and personal review of the fly lite. Questioning someones playing ability and level because you disagree is stupidity at its finest. 

#13 Bgdawg019

Bgdawg019

Posted 31 August 2019 - 03:20 PM

I question your ability due to things you keyed on. Such as noticing balance that was just flat wrong. Also mentioned you shot was high and didn’t know why. Shows lack of feel and adjusting to what the stick is doing.

Fair review? I disagree. Personal? So be it. Everyone has their opinions of course and like what they like. I certainly understand and get that. But false information is just reckless.

#14 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 31 August 2019 - 03:27 PM

Only own three Things of Bauer. Skates “ of course “ the O’g Re-akt and now imo their best stick. The 1xlite won me back to Bauer sticks after leaving after the total one. The 1N I did try and liked a lot but had wrong curve and flex.

After that the Ribcore and RBZ were my 1-2 for a long time. Tried out the warrior QRL and QRE. So I don’t stick to just one brand and have tried a good bit of twigs. I also know if your forearms are “ burning “ on a sub 390 grams stick, you might need the weight room and Jesus.

You liked the 1N a lot but had the wrong curve and flex? Huh? How can you like a stick "a lot" with the wrong curve and flex?! :rofl:  Those are the 2 most important factors!! Please just log out and leave the site man. You are digging your own grave

You only used the 1x lite before the fly lite, but you know that "The kickpoint has changed and moved up the stick about a inch to the taper. Plays like a low/mid rather the a aggressive low kick. This could confuse some as the last three vapors have been ultra low kicks. Flylite is a revert back to the apx days. While it was advertised as ultra low kick. The first gen 1x was Bauer’s attempt at moving it as low as they can."

If this doesn't sound like a Bauer rep...............  :rolleyes:

#15 Bgdawg019

Bgdawg019

Posted 31 August 2019 - 04:36 PM

To touch on the 1N. I use 77 flex p28. I got a p92 87 flex. I used it in-spite because I liked the balance and puck feel of the stick itself. Plus like any hockey player worth his weight in ice, can adapt their hands to the higher lie. The flex was the main issue but I went ahead anyhow. The mid kick allows a softer feel vs a lower one so it didn’t play ultra stiff.

To touch on the kick point of the flylite. I just know from using many different sticks “ and spending tons of money “ what the stick is telling me. Not sure how else to put this. I can post a pick of my current stick rack. It’s all over the place. I’m not a Bauer baby by any means.

One workout to ease forearm burning is tie a string with a 5-10 pound weight to a long round stick “ broom handles work best “ and roll it up and down over and over. Hope that helps. Feel free to dm me for any other advise

#16 Cavs019

Cavs019

Posted 31 August 2019 - 04:50 PM

#17 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 31 August 2019 - 04:50 PM

Please just stop replying to the thread. Your opinion related to anything about hockey is irrelevant. Not only do you like using sticks with the wrong flex and curve, you don't even know what are the benefits/downfalls of having a whippy stick  :eek:

gallery_11726_1416_85951.jpg

Btw since you wanna talk about me hitting the weight room, you might wanna hit the treadmill bud. 5'9 220?! You are about 50 pounds overweight. You are giving ModsquadHockey a bad rep, and thats coming from someone who has been on that site since 2004. Idiots like you is what contributed to the downfall of that forum... Please don't bring your lack of insight and knowledge over here.

#18 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 31 August 2019 - 04:56 PM

One workout to ease forearm burning is tie a string with a 5-10 pound weight to a long round stick “ broom handles work best “ and roll it up and down over and over. Hope that helps. Feel free to dm me for any other advise

One workout to ease heartburn and obesity is to tie a carrot to a string of the back of your car. Tell your wife to start driving and run after it. Hope that helps. Feel free to dm me for any other advice (not advise)

#19 Bgdawg019

Bgdawg019

Posted 31 August 2019 - 09:17 PM

Lol so we are going to weight jokes. I should feel flattered that you googled me. I guess last grasp would be find low hanging fruit. I went after something and provided facts. You just try to fat shame. That’s fine with me, it shows how low of a person you are. Not that it matters but I have lost weight since that post. Keep up the good work.

#20 Bgdawg019

Bgdawg019

Posted 31 August 2019 - 09:29 PM

Also at one final attempt to keep this about hockey. I have been using a longer stick this year and dropped down in flex. Back in 2014 I messed with flex and didn’t like how the stick felt. It’s all in the post. I’m 35 and getting older. Longer stick and lower flex tends to lend itself to someone who isn’t on the ice quite as much anymore. A good example of this, and is pretty well known is Jágr. Of course his talents are off the charts, but as he got older, the sticks got longer and the flex lower.