105 replies to this topic

#21 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 31 August 2019 - 10:07 PM

"Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house..."

#22 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 01 September 2019 - 01:54 AM

Bgdawg019 if you knew anything you’d realize that Aaron is probably the biggest Bauer fanboy on this site so when he says a piece of gear from them is bad it’s not because he is trying to be a contrarian. Therefore one would respect his opinion and analysis of the stick more than someone who claims to not be a Bauer fanboy and therefore can be assumed to have little-to-no experience with Bauer sticks (I’m talking about you).

Custom everything.

#23 Bgdawg019

Bgdawg019

Posted 01 September 2019 - 03:27 AM

Don’t know anything about him. I stumbled across some false and reckless info, and simply wanted to clear the air. I kept it about hockey. He decided to go personal. All good. Just showed me who I was dealing with.

#24 nicholas_g

nicholas_g

Posted 02 September 2019 - 05:06 AM

Excellent review.

As someone who recently converted to using Bauer sticks starting with the ADV (BGP2P) I find the BGP2P performs much better in every way compared to the new Flylite. I think Bauer should have made a whole new line of sticks with this design and left alone the current implementation of the 1X Lite and ADV.

If anything, they could have focused on ways to improve the ADV and 1X Lite durability where the blade and shaft are fused as it seems all of my current sticks tend to break in that area and not even when with hard shots, I had one snap when I was giving a pass.... 

The new elliptical taper is not like the Easton design, which I was hoping it would be as I was a huge fan of it. I feel like the Flylite was rushed out the door, and they didn't spend enough time testing it with higher level players.

In fact, I can't recall very many pros using it this last season. I think Pasta was using it for a little while, but I don't recall anyone else. 

In case anyone wants to know how it compares to the 1x lite...

Flylite vs 1X Lite Comparison޳mItשe1PQ{0I was a huge fan of it. I feel like the Flylite was rushed out the door, and they didnt spend enough time testing it with higher level players.

In fact, I cant recall very many pros using it this last season.  o@datPN/,yBJ!Gímjȳg]FO^u

All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. 
- Gordie Howe

#25 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 02 September 2019 - 09:48 AM

Excellent review.

As someone who recently converted to using Bauer sticks starting with the ADV (BGP2P) I find the BGP2P performs much better in every way compared to the new Flylite. I think Bauer should have made a whole new line of sticks with this design and left alone the current implementation of the 1X Lite and ADV.

If anything, they could have focused on ways to improve the ADV and 1X Lite durability where the blade and shaft are fused as it seems all of my current sticks tend to break in that area and not even when with hard shots, I had one snap when I was giving a pass.... 

The new elliptical taper is not like the Easton design, which I was hoping it would be as I was a huge fan of it. I feel like the Flylite was rushed out the door, and they didn't spend enough time testing it with higher level players.

In fact, I can't recall very many pros using it this last season. I think Pasta was using it for a little while, but I don't recall anyone else. 

Yup. Bauer clearly has not (maybe cannot) found a way to make the ADV durable enough for the retail market. It would be a sh*t show with warranty claims for them. It's funny how all 5 fly lites I saw the Pros using this summer were all ADVs dressed as Fly lites. Just goes to show you how many guys love the ADV. If you take a look on Meigray, all the Boston Bruins 1x lites are ADVs. Johannsson, Heinen, Nordstrom, Debrusk.

Call me crazy, but if Bauer released ADVs on MyBauer with no warranty, I'd still buy them. From a marketing standpoint, I am surprised Bauer keeps putting the green strips on the back of Pros fly lites. It is not a good thing for people (especially impressionable kids) to know that these guys aren't even using the Fly lite. What is the point of advertising the ADV, at the highest level, if the general public can't even buy it? Dumb marketing strategy. I won't be surprised if more kids start using CCM/Warrior because Bauer keeps losing their top guys.

#26 Cavs019

Cavs019

Posted 02 September 2019 - 10:18 AM

Probably not scalable but I wish they let us access any build they still have molds for (with no warranty as well). I’d be fine paying $299+ for some Benn 77 APX2s. They’ve always been tanks for me and maintain their pop forever.

#27 Bgdawg019

Bgdawg019

Posted 02 September 2019 - 04:47 PM

Would be correct about the taper not being exact to 10 year old technology or so. It’s rounder and a bit wider. This allows more whip and durability. The Easton s-19 taper played more stiff then it does here in the flylite. What Bauer did is base what Easton did with the CX and make the next step. I didn’t use any of Easton’s stealth lines since the RS so I can comment how those played.

“ takes off my Bauer rep hat now “

#28 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 03 September 2019 - 02:17 PM

Bauer keeps trying to claim that the Fly Lite is lighter than the 1x lite. It is not. 

gallery_11726_1416_18364.jpg

gallery_11726_1416_688576.jpg

#29 Bgdawg019

Bgdawg019

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:04 PM

Not sure the specs or what scale that is. But IW has them at SENIOR as listed.

Flylite 387.

1X lite 397.

Both p92 87 flex’s were scaled.

Stop with the reckless info.

#30 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:12 PM

1X LITE = P92 67 FLEX

FLY LITE = P92 65 FLEX 

Both brand new uncut. Stop sipping the Bauer Kool aid, and weigh them yourself at your LHS. While you are there you should step on the scale and see if you've lost any weight too  :dunno:  :rofl:

#31 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:21 PM

Probably not scalable but I wish they let us access any build they still have molds for (with no warranty as well). I’d be fine paying $299+ for some Benn 77 APX2s. They’ve always been tanks for me and maintain their pop forever.

Same boats. Moulds + custom specs would be absolute choice. Would get a Cammalleri 1NXL build but with 70-72 flex and a Kucherov curve. Would be my perfect stick. My pro custom My Bauer sticks are extremely close in feel but not weight. That 1NXL is something else.

Custom everything.

#32 Bgdawg019

Bgdawg019

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:31 PM

New and uncut, yet posted a review on them. I find flaws here but who knows how much tape is on them and flex also effects weight.

I don’t have to use a scale to tell me this is false info. Thankfully I can do that myself on ice. And once again, even a 360 grams and you still got that forearm burn?

I also didn’t realize I was talking to someone who uses intermediate sticks. This also explains just about the the entire thread.

Time for a cheeseburger

#33 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:39 PM

Those pics were taken today at my local hockey store. Those aren't the same sticks I reviewed back in May. But you are probably too stupid to think outside the box.

In case you didn't know, NHL players use intermediate sticks too. Gaudreau, Keller, Krug, etc. But you wouldn't know that because you know very little about the sport. For the sake of everyone on 2k, please just leave and go back to ModSquad. They miss your stupidity over there... Your presence is unmatched. 

#34 Bgdawg019

Bgdawg019

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:42 PM

Ahhh I was waiting on the defense of “ so and so nhl guys use this “ to make yourself feel better about a baby stick. Clockwork.

#35 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:52 PM

078163b0e39b08ed6e1c5f799b9dc146.jpg

#36 Bgdawg019

Bgdawg019

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:53 PM

Just hanging out having some snacks, killing false reviews.

#37 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 04 September 2019 - 01:04 PM

Just hanging out having some snacks, killing false reviews.

How can a review be false? Biased, sure. But false?

And I already explained how Aaron’s review isn't biased.

Why don’t you check out my ADV review on MSH for some “false” input?

Custom everything.

#38 Bgdawg019

Bgdawg019

Posted 04 September 2019 - 03:52 PM

I have no experience on the ADV therefor anything I say would be false and reckless. I keep to commenting on things I know / have had prior or current experience with. Hope that helps.

#39 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 04 September 2019 - 05:35 PM

I have no experience on the ADV therefor anything I say would be false and reckless. I keep to commenting on things I know / have had prior or current experience with. Hope that helps.

If you have no experience, how can you say something is false? A review is based on opinion, not fact. Sounds like something stupid Trump would say. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's fake.

#40 Bgdawg019

Bgdawg019

Posted 04 September 2019 - 05:37 PM

Could you please copy where I said someone’s info was false about the Bauer ADV? Are you confused about the Flylite review I questioned ?