Photo

2019 Bauer Vapor FlyLite stick?

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#41 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 04 September 2019 - 06:03 PM

Just hanging out having some snacks, killing false reviews.

#42 Bgdawg019

Bgdawg019

Posted 04 September 2019 - 07:28 PM

About the flylite? I could have used false info but the entire review was false really 😂

Still don’t see where that says anything about the ADV tho.

#43 jgp799

jgp799
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 05 September 2019 - 12:09 AM

We get it Big Dog, you disagree with the guys review of the Flylite, it’s just a review, one’s opinion. Can we finally move on?

#44 Bgdawg019

Bgdawg019

Posted 05 September 2019 - 06:20 AM

Yea that’s fine. People are asking in simply responding. You act like I’m responding unprovoked.

#45 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 05 September 2019 - 10:01 AM

The only "false information" from my review is that I actually thought the Flylite would be more durable. Definitely not the case. Went by my local hockey shop and my buddy told me they are breaking like crazy. Tons of warranty claims coming in already, and they just released! The interesting part is that they are breaking in the middle of the shaft. He thinks that because the elliptical taper is so strong and stiff, that it is causing a lot more stress towards the middle of the shaft. This is a cause for concern because it is the flex zone after all. Every 1x lite and 1x I broke was either at the blade or at the taper. Never middle of the shaft... 

Hopefully these sticks continue to snap, so Bauer gets rid of the elliptical taper on the next vapors. 

gallery_11726_1416_36044.jpg

#46 Bgdawg019

Bgdawg019

Posted 05 September 2019 - 10:33 AM

still early, but the shop I got mine from has said the opposite. the volume that they have sold will of course see broke stick and warranties. from the looks of the picture, I would guess those sticks are only from 2-3 people. whoever they are must have bad luck and some coin to spend. either that or taking advantage of the 30 day warranty and having them casually " break " at the end of it. same two tape job's on almost all.

#47 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 05 September 2019 - 11:01 AM

My LHS sent back 6 broken flylites last week as well. Thats just one store. Think of how many other stores there are around the world. Any way you want to put it, it's not a good look for a brand new $300+ stick. 

The key information to take away here is where the sticks are breaking. It's a clear indication of the weak point of the shaft. Why do you have to assume people are trying to take advantage of a warranty, rather than a manufacturing flaw. Damn, you must have some serious love for the Flylite lol. Do you own shares in Bauer? 

#48 Bgdawg019

Bgdawg019

Posted 05 September 2019 - 11:07 AM

My LHS sent back 6 broken flylites last week as well. Thats just one store. Think of how many other stores there are around the world. Any way you want to put it, it's not a good look for a brand new $300+ stick. 

The key information to take away here is where the sticks are breaking. It's a clear indication of the weak point of the shaft. 

have any links or literature  to this effect, I would be interested to read some numbers on it. this above can be said for any top of the line stick, just read hockey money and how they " break in my first shift then the replacement broke in my second game" haha classic

#49 Bgdawg019

Bgdawg019

Posted 05 September 2019 - 11:14 AM

just bought in, actually called my shop over the phone. " haven't seen a broken one yet " this from a rather high volume sales retailer.

funny how things translate.

to be fair, people don't bring broke sticks to retailers, that's done over email and such. but he should be still know of any issues with durability.

#50 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 05 September 2019 - 01:36 PM

just bought in, actually called my shop over the phone. " haven't seen a broken one yet " this from a rather high volume sales retailer.

funny how things translate.

to be fair, people don't bring broke sticks to retailers, that's done over email and such. but he should be still know of any issues with durability.

I live in the hockey capital of the world: Toronto. Every single person brings their broken sticks back to where they bought it for a warranty claim

Please stop spreading false information.

I'm guessing you live in a small city. My local store is a top 5 highest-grossing hockey store in all of Canada. So I'm pretty sure what you are hearing from your store compared to what is going on at my store, is a completely different ball game. 

#51 Bgdawg019

Bgdawg019

Posted 05 September 2019 - 02:11 PM

I live in the hockey capital of the world: Toronto. Every single person brings their broken sticks back to where they bought it for a warranty claim

Please stop spreading false information.

I'm guessing you live in a small city. My local store is a top 5 highest-grossing hockey store in all of Canada. So I'm pretty sure what you are hearing from your store compared to what is going on at my store, is a completely different ball game. 

in the states......done online bro-tado

#52 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 05 September 2019 - 04:12 PM

I have no experience on the ADV therefor anything I say would be false and reckless. I keep to commenting on things I know / have had prior or current experience with. Hope that helps.

And Aaron has prior and current experience with both the 1X Lite and FlyLite. So how can his comments be false?

Custom everything.

#53 Adam

Adam

Posted 05 September 2019 - 05:26 PM

Hopefully these sticks continue to snap, so Bauer gets rid of the elliptical

Nah man the elliptical taper was phenominal in the S17-19, V9 blacked out stages. it was everything around it that sucked.

an s19 with a supreme blade would be orgasmic.

#54 nicholas_g

nicholas_g

Posted 05 September 2019 - 10:46 PM

The key information to take away here is where the sticks are breaking. It's a clear indication of the weak point of the shaft. Why do you have to assume people are trying to take advantage of a warranty, rather than a manufacturing flaw. Damn, you must have some serious love for the Flylite lol. Do you own shares in Bauer? 

Our store has sold 3 and all 3 have broken. So not off to a good start. 

All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. 
- Gordie Howe

#55 nicholas_g

nicholas_g

Posted 05 September 2019 - 10:47 PM

in the states......done online bro-tado

Actually, the shop has the ability to do an advanced exchange if they want. Pure Hockey does this in fact. I own 3 stores, and we also do this as well.

- Gordie Howe

#56 Bgdawg019

Bgdawg019

Posted 05 September 2019 - 10:51 PM

Actually, the shop has the ability to do an advanced exchange if they want. Pure Hockey does this in fact. I own 3 stores, and we also do this as well.

That’s excellent and I wish it was more well known. Sadly most shops tell you to process online.

#57 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 06 September 2019 - 12:22 AM

Our store has sold 3 and all 3 have broken. So not off to a good start. 

Out of curiosity, did all 3 break in the middle of the shaft too?

#58 nicholas_g

nicholas_g

Posted 06 September 2019 - 11:13 AM

Out of curiosity, did all 3 break in the middle of the shaft too?

Just above the elliptical taper. 

- Gordie Howe

#59 Liddy019

Liddy019

Posted 11 September 2019 - 11:15 AM

So I was just in my LHS and saw the new vapour sticks. 3 different versions. Lol...aside from what I can see in the blades they look different but weight wise they see all the same. Does anyone know the differences between the Vapour Flylite, Vapour 2xpro and the Vapour 2xteam? Hefty price difference for what seems to be the same weight stick and different blades.
Liddy:-)

#60 Bgdawg019

Bgdawg019

Posted 11 September 2019 - 01:03 PM

So I was just in my LHS and saw the new vapour sticks. 3 different versions. Lol...aside from what I can see in the blades they look different but weight wise they see all the same. Does anyone know the differences between the Vapour Flylite, Vapour 2xpro and the Vapour 2xteam? Hefty price difference for what seems to be the same weight stick and different blades.

The Flylite will sit on the scale around 380-90 grams. 2xpro will weight in about 415 grams. Where the 2xteam will clock in around 430. Hope this helps for weight. As for specs check any site for a breakdown.

I find icewarehouse.com has great video reviews.