Photo

2019 Bauer Vapor FlyLite stick?

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#61 Liddy019

Liddy019

Posted 11 September 2019 - 01:14 PM

Wow interesting b/c I didnt feel much difference at all in weight. I guess now a days even the lower end models are still insanely light.
Liddy:-)

#62 Bgdawg019

Bgdawg019

Posted 11 September 2019 - 02:06 PM

I was shocked myself to see what they came in at. I have experience with the flylite and can attest to its balance and durability. I haven’t used the others.

#63 nicholas_g

nicholas_g

Posted 14 September 2019 - 01:36 PM

So I was just in my LHS and saw the new vapour sticks. 3 different versions. Lol...aside from what I can see in the blades they look different but weight wise they see all the same. Does anyone know the differences between the Vapour Flylite, Vapour 2xpro and the Vapour 2xteam? Hefty price difference for what seems to be the same weight stick and different blades.

R4JC9wq.jpg

All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. 
- Gordie Howe

#64 Firebrand

Firebrand

Posted 01 October 2019 - 09:38 PM

The only "false information" from my review is that I actually thought the Flylite would be more durable. Definitely not the case. Went by my local hockey shop and my buddy told me they are breaking like crazy. Tons of warranty claims coming in already, and they just released! The interesting part is that they are breaking in the middle of the shaft. He thinks that because the elliptical taper is so strong and stiff, that it is causing a lot more stress towards the middle of the shaft. This is a cause for concern because it is the flex zone after all. Every 1x lite and 1x I broke was either at the blade or at the taper. Never middle of the shaft... 

Hopefully these sticks continue to snap, so Bauer gets rid of the elliptical taper on the next vapors. 

gallery_11726_1416_36044.jpg

Ehh... yeah, you know what? I really wanted to give a 2X Pro a shot since I need the extra height and have a pet peeve against extensions, but it sounds like maybe I ought to stick with the Nexus line and buy a 2N instead. I also get to save a cool $50 as a bonus. Appreciate the heads-up.

P.S. - Your intel on the 1X Lite gloves checked out as well. They weren't quite what I was hoping for. Going back to and likely sticking with the Supreme line of gloves for the foreseeable future.

#65 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 02 October 2019 - 12:49 AM

Ehh... yeah, you know what? I really wanted to give a 2X Pro a shot since I need the extra height and have a pet peeve against extensions, but it sounds like maybe I ought to stick with the Nexus line and buy a 2N instead. I also get to save a cool $50 as a bonus. Appreciate the heads-up.

P.S. - Your intel on the 1X Lite gloves checked out as well. They weren't quite what I was hoping for. Going back to and likely sticking with the Supreme line of gloves for the foreseeable future.

Glad I can help  :up:

#66 z1ggy16

z1ggy16

Posted 11 October 2019 - 01:57 PM

As a new member here but an old timey on MSH, I really appreciate your review OP. I was literally just about to pull the trigger on a flylite but I'm 100% not buying it now. I've been a Warrior guy for years but before that I was in Vapor sticks. I feel like Warrior isn't really doing it for me anymore, my sticks are loosing pop incredibly quick, and IMO, my QRL is also very blade heavy When you said 1.5 hours of stick handling killed your arms, I could feel it. This past weekend was the last time I told myself that I'd leave the rink after practice with feeling like I jut held on to a pull up bar for 90 minutes.

This is off topic, but if flylite isn't it, what's the best stick you've tested with better balance, that's still pretty light with a low kick point? The new M90 has caught my eye.

Thanks again for your detailed review.

#67 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 11 October 2019 - 05:39 PM

As a new member here but an old timey on MSH, I really appreciate your review OP. I was literally just about to pull the trigger on a flylite but I'm 100% not buying it now. I've been a Warrior guy for years but before that I was in Vapor sticks. I feel like Warrior isn't really doing it for me anymore, my sticks are loosing pop incredibly quick, and IMO, my QRL is also very blade heavy When you said 1.5 hours of stick handling killed your arms, I could feel it. This past weekend was the last time I told myself that I'd leave the rink after practice with feeling like I jut held on to a pull up bar for 90 minutes.

This is off topic, but if flylite isn't it, what's the best stick you've tested with better balance, that's still pretty light with a low kick point? The new M90 has caught my eye.

Thanks again for your detailed review.

ADV is the best stick I've ever used. Definitely try it out. You will probably fall in love with it like everyone else lol. Only knock on it is durability. It is strictly a performance based stick...

1. ADV

2. 1x Lite

3. 1X 

#68 Patoche

Patoche

Posted 13 October 2019 - 06:01 AM

In case anyone wants to know how it compares to the 1x lite...

Flylite vs 1X Lite Comparison

Puck Feel: The balance of the Flylite is very blade heavy compared to the 1x Lite making the stick feel a lot less maneuverable and harder to stickhandle with in traffic and tight areas. If you really like to handle the puck and dangle, this stick is not for you. You will not like the weight distribution and will feel like you have to put in too much work compared to a 1x lite. I stick handled with it for over 1.5 hours and it was not fun. Forearms were toast lol. I never felt like that with my 1x lite or ADV.

Shooting: The elliptical taper opens up a lot on shots and pucks go high in a hurry. If you naturally do not turn your hands over quick enough on your shots it is easy to sail pucks. However I would say that slap shots and one timers feel more stable and heavy than the 1x lite. That is due to the "bottom heavy" feeling. I feel like the Fly lite will be a lot more durable than the 1x lite, simply due to construction. 1x lites tend to break on the blade and lower taper region. I've broken over 8 of these in these exact 2 areas. I must include that the Flylite feels a lot more "whippy" than the 1x lite. You will feel more flex in the shaft, but a stiffer bottom area. Which is ideal for clappers and one timers. If this is a big part of your game, you will love it. Snap shots and wristers take a lot more time and effort to load compared to a 1x lite. 

Passing: Saucer passes are really good with the Flylite. The elliptical taper lets you get pucks up quick and with good pace. Saucer passes come off crisp and not "fluttery".

Overall: I found the Flylite very different and challenging. I do not believe the elliptical taper should be used on a Vapor stick. I feel like it would have better off been on a Supreme or nexus. I buy Vapors because I enjoy using a light stick with amazing puck feel and quick release shots. The Flylite does not offer any of these characteristics. However, I do believe that heavier type players and defensemen who take a lot of clappers and one-timers will enjoy the stick. As stated, I also believe the Flylite will be more durable overall compared to a 1x lite. Which is a good thing, because the stick is definitely not cheap. 

gallery_11726_1417_37526.jpggallery_11726_1417_48417.jpggallery_11726_1417_19883.jpggallery_11726_1417_93428.jpggallery_11726_1417_82142.jpg

gallery_11726_1416_18364.jpg

Bauer keeps trying to claim that the Fly Lite is lighter than the 1x lite. It is not. 

Thanks for the review, is it based on an intermediate or a senior stick ?
Any other feedback on the flylite ?

#69 Bgdawg019

Bgdawg019

Posted 13 October 2019 - 01:31 PM

Thanks for the review, is it based on an intermediate or a senior stick ?
Any other feedback on the flylite ?

The senior version is the best stick I have used to date. I documented pretty well my feelings on it. Coming from warrior retail sticks that haven’t lived up to the billing since the QRL. The Flylite is the amazing. I have One since July and another from a month ago, both are in great shape.

#70 Patoche

Patoche

Posted 13 October 2019 - 02:18 PM

Did you break one already ?
How is the blade, pingy or soft ?
did you feel the stick was too light? That's one of the aspect of the true 6.0 I didnt like, I may consider the 2x pro which is probably more meaty but I've never been a big fan of their Textreme material thing

#71 Bgdawg019

Bgdawg019

Posted 13 October 2019 - 02:32 PM

Did you break one already ?
How is the blade, pingy or soft ?
did you feel the stick was too light? That's one of the aspect of the true 6.0 I didnt like, I may consider the 2x pro which is probably more meaty but I've never been a big fan of their Textreme material thing

I haven’t broke one yet, even better the shop I buy them at hasn’t had any comeback yet.

Blade plays soft on passes but certainly makes the puck jump when I fire it. Very stiff blade overall that fits my style.

The balance of the stick is second to none. It’s very light but again, this fits my style also.

Like I stated in prior posts I certainly recommend it if you have the means for one.

#72 darkhors

darkhors
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 27 November 2019 - 02:54 PM

I haven’t broke one yet, even better the shop I buy them at hasn’t had any comeback yet.

Blade plays soft on passes but certainly makes the puck jump when I fire it. Very stiff blade overall that fits my style.

The balance of the stick is second to none. It’s very light but again, this fits my style also.

Like I stated in prior posts I certainly recommend it if you have the means for one.

You literally just contradicted yourself..."Blade plays soft on passes but certainly makes the puck jump when I fire it. Very stiff blade overall".  If the blade is stiff, it's not going to play soft on passes. The idea of a very stiff blade is that it's pingy and crisp so you know exactly where the puck is at all times. Stiff blades play boardy on passes and you need to use your hands much better when receiving passes or it'll jump off the blade like it does on a shot. On the contrary, softer blades, like the Xcore blade, play more like wood and have a dampened feel to them, almost like the puck sticks to the blade. 

After having gone through this entire post, it's clear that you're just trolling on here and have no real understanding of stick or blade construction and are just here to be an a$$ hat.

Aaron, thanks for the review, it's been insightful. I've been considering maybe making the jump back to the Nexus line, but it's been really hard for me to find a stick that I like more than my prostock Marner Xcore9's. Have you reviewed the new 2N's yet or is there a good prostock version I should be looking at?

#73 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 27 November 2019 - 05:03 PM

You literally just contradicted yourself..."Blade plays soft on passes but certainly makes the puck jump when I fire it. Very stiff blade overall".  If the blade is stiff, it's not going to play soft on passes. The idea of a very stiff blade is that it's pingy and crisp so you know exactly where the puck is at all times. Stiff blades play boardy on passes and you need to use your hands much better when receiving passes or it'll jump off the blade like it does on a shot. On the contrary, softer blades, like the Xcore blade, play more like wood and have a dampened feel to them, almost like the puck sticks to the blade. 

After having gone through this entire post, it's clear that you're just trolling on here and have no real understanding of stick or blade construction and are just here to be an a$$ hat.

Aaron, thanks for the review, it's been insightful. I've been considering maybe making the jump back to the Nexus line, but it's been really hard for me to find a stick that I like more than my prostock Marner Xcore9's. Have you reviewed the new 2N's yet or is there a good prostock version I should be looking at?

I'm glad you see the village idiot in all of his glory lol

I had two Nexus 2N Pro's when they first released and did not like the thick taper towards the blade. The puck feel was not as good as a vapor imo. I ended up selling both shortly after. I used to use a Nexus 1000 back in the day, so I thought I would like the 2N Pros. But after using vapors for the last 5 years, it's tough for me to make the change. It really all depends on what family of Bauer sticks you are into. If your TRUE sticks are a mid kick stick, you might like the 2Ns. 

With that said, I am interested to try out the new ADV Nexus twig when it releases in January. 

#74 MHC07

MHC07

Posted 27 November 2019 - 05:34 PM

Any details on the Nexus ADV yet?

I'm glad you see the village idiot in all of his glory lol

I had two Nexus 2N Pro's when they first released and did not like the thick taper towards the blade. The puck feel was not as good as a vapor imo. I ended up selling both shortly after. I used to use a Nexus 1000 back in the day, so I thought I would like the 2N Pros. But after using vapors for the last 5 years, it's tough for me to make the change. It really all depends on what family of Bauer sticks you are into. If your TRUE sticks are a mid kick stick, you might like the 2Ns.

With that said, I am interested to try out the new ADV Nexus twig when it releases in January.

#75 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 27 November 2019 - 05:39 PM

Any details on the Nexus ADV yet?

Max Domi has been using it all summer and this season. He loves it, said its the best Bauer stick he's ever used. I just hope Bauer doesn't mess it up and add any bullshit gimmicky tapers like they did on the Supreme ADV  :thumbdown:  

#76 MHC07

MHC07

Posted 28 November 2019 - 09:21 AM

Max Domi has been using it all summer and this season. He loves it, said its the best Bauer stick he's ever used. I just hope Bauer doesn't mess it up and add any bullshit gimmicky tapers like they did on the Supreme ADV :thumbdown:

....scrambling to find pics of max domi 😊

#77 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 28 November 2019 - 09:59 AM

....scrambling to find pics of max domi

His sticks are dressed as flylites 

#78 MHC07

MHC07

Posted 28 November 2019 - 04:04 PM

His sticks are dressed as flylites

Ah right!

I think we should be creeping up to the point where we will see the nexus adv in the wild based on when the first Wild sightings of the Supreme ADV came about (about 1 month before release)

#79 Cavs019

Cavs019

Posted 28 November 2019 - 06:59 PM

Isn’t it the 1NXL or is that something else?

#80 Bgdawg019

Bgdawg019

Posted 28 November 2019 - 07:05 PM

You literally just contradicted yourself..."Blade plays soft on passes but certainly makes the puck jump when I fire it. Very stiff blade overall". If the blade is stiff, it's not going to play soft on passes. The idea of a very stiff blade is that it's pingy and crisp so you know exactly where the puck is at all times. Stiff blades play boardy on passes and you need to use your hands much better when receiving passes or it'll jump off the blade like it does on a shot. On the contrary, softer blades, like the Xcore blade, play more like wood and have a dampened feel to them, almost like the puck sticks to the blade.

I think there is a mixup on what I meant. When I get a pass using the flylite, the puck doesn’t just jump off the stick like you would think, being how lively it is. The RBZ stage two comes to mind with this.

I am sorry that you fall for false information in bogus reviews. I put my thoughts out there in hope to ease the fear of some who wantto spend the money, but might read information that is so far off base that it’s comical. I stand by, and will stand by what I said about the flylite. Still have the first one going strong “ about 25 games in “ and still feels like the first week with it. I also have another if need be.