Photo

Best footbeds for Lower Volume fit

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 blazer88

blazer88
  • Locationlong island n.y

Posted 24 August 2019 - 11:32 PM

Hey Guy's , Want to get a little less volume in a pair of Grafs I picked up. Any idea's. Thanks

#2 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 25 August 2019 - 05:37 AM

Orthomove from CCM seems to be pretty low volume. Also gives you 3 options, low, medium, or high arch

#3 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 26 August 2019 - 07:49 AM

Which insoles do you have in now?

#4 blazer88

blazer88

Posted 26 August 2019 - 08:37 AM

The skates are Graf G35x & they have just a basic  black Graf insole ( not the one made by sidas ) . I'm trying to make a wide width work for me , have not baked them yet.

#5 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 26 August 2019 - 02:56 PM

I use the CCM custom support insoles. I found they were the most comfortable and thickest in the forefoot.

#6 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 26 August 2019 - 03:05 PM

I personally have the CCM customs as well but he said low volume that is why I mentioned the Orthomove. I got my son a pair of FT1s and they ran out of low arch in his size and they gave him an orthomove. Definitely less volume in those.

#7 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 27 August 2019 - 04:19 AM

How is the fit in the heel and above your foot? Could an extra layer of felt on the tongue help?

#8 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 27 August 2019 - 05:33 AM

Misread, thought you were looking for a less volume footbed. CCM customs are a tad thicker

#9 xstartxtodayx

xstartxtodayx
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 28 August 2019 - 09:32 AM

Superfeet yellow or Carbon will lift your heel a bit and eat up some volume but the fronts aren't any thicker so it won't change the volume up there much.  Check out SOLE insoles, they make a variety of styles and they're moldable.  I had a pair on an old pair of skates that were slightly too big and I remember them being really thick all the way through which helped eat up volume (they were also really supportive which helped too).

- Jon

#10 blazer88

blazer88

Posted 28 August 2019 - 12:02 PM

I picked up a pair of the Ccm medium profile insoles model from a few years ago on SLS for pretty cheap. put them in with the plain black graf insoles & felt pretty good. Going to get the skates baked & I''ll see how they feel. Have checked out the Orthomove & Sole insole's , they are not cheap , but I like what I am seeing on the sole insole's ( need  thick all the way through ) next step is baking. These Graf's will be my backup pair , I have 2016 Vh's as my go to pair. just ordered a pair of sole thick insoles on ebay , for a great price. will let you guys know how they work out.