Photo

Step, Tydan, Bladetech... which aftermarket steel do you prefer?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Aftermarket runners (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Which runners do you prefer?

1. Step (29 votes [93.55%])

Percentage of vote: 93.55%

2. Tydan (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Bladetech (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Bauer (0 votes [0.00%])

5. CCM (1 votes [3.23%])

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

6. Other (1 votes [3.23%])

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 25 August 2019 - 07:09 AM

Which aftermarket steel do you prefer?

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#2 alereflammam

alereflammam

Posted 25 August 2019 - 10:11 AM

I had Step black but it tends to not hold a sharpening well after 6 months of regular sharpening.

I’m on Tydan now but they lose edges after just one skate.

Probably going back to Step black once these blades are done.

#3 x-axis

x-axis
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 August 2019 - 10:37 AM

Anyone have any thoughts on bladetech? Have had their owner contact me but haven't made the leap to try them for the shop.

Old Buyer/Seller Feedback-http://www.sports2k....axis/?hl=x-axis

Want to buy:

Small Shells

Large Edge Practice Socks White with navy stripe 

Large Edge Practice Socks Burgundy with white stripe 

#4 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 25 August 2019 - 01:51 PM

I got a pair of Bladetech for free, but only have one skate on them so far. Haven’t been able to feel any difference yet. Felt a little wonky when I first stepped onto the ice, but I’m not sure if that was the ‘spring’ effect or the new cut I was given from the pro shop

#5 nicholas_g

nicholas_g

Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:14 AM

1: Flare

2: RamonEdge

3: Tydan

4: STEP

5: Massive Blade

6: Byonic

7: BladeTech

8: Factory Garbage Steel 

All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. 
- Gordie Howe

#6 B.D.M

B.D.M

Posted 03 September 2019 - 08:54 AM

Have been using Step for about 4 years as they been offered to us(team)regular and V-Steel,this year I switched to Tydan (Mirior) which I paid for(New Xs runner)as per edge hold there about the same both Step and Tydan 3 or 4 games or practices need to be sharpened..Also when I got the Tydan runners and gave them to our equipment manager to get them sharpened he was SURPRISED to see that BOTh sets of the Tydan runners were not even..Can't see them when your just looking at them but when he put them to get them profiled,he can see that there was more steel in the front and back and less in the middle of the runners,making a Belly like curve,sent message to Tydan just to let them know it's been 2 weeks and they still haven't answered..Anyway the Promblem was taken care of from our equip-manager.

#7 blazer88

blazer88
  • Locationlong island n.y

Posted 11 September 2019 - 03:21 PM

Step Steel , Hands Down The Best

#8 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 12 September 2019 - 01:08 AM

I voted Step but I’ve used both Bauer LS5 and the new CCM XS steel and they are both really good too

#9 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 30 September 2019 - 09:08 PM

I had Step black but it tends to not hold a sharpening well after 6 months of regular sharpening.

I’m on Tydan now but they lose edges after just one skate.

Probably going back to Step black once these blades are done.

uhhhh, idk where you're getting your skates sharpened but step is the most consistent steel i've used. 

There's a reason why they are the go to steel for majortiy of nhl players. 

If you guys are buying step, it better be step steel black or die. The amount of people i've put on step steel black is crazy.

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#10 - M

- M

Posted 02 October 2019 - 06:50 PM

uhhhh, idk where you're getting your skates sharpened but step is the most consistent steel i've used. 

There's a reason why they are the go to steel for majortiy of nhl players. 

If you guys are buying step, it better be step steel black or die. The amount of people i've put on step steel black is crazy.

Still more pros using Bauer steel than Step.  I had a pro come in with Tuuk Super Stainless on his LS2 holders.  Most don't care what they skate on.  They trust whatever the EQM chooses.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#11 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 02 March 2021 - 06:24 AM

What are our thoughts on Flare? Tons of guys are using them now, wider blade and doesn’t need profiling...

#12 Scdp99

Scdp99

Posted 02 March 2021 - 12:06 PM

A friend of mine swears by them but I have never used flare

#13 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 02 March 2021 - 06:13 PM

Byonic is my favorite. I love the light weight and lower height. It comes with a 9/10 profile and both pairs were identical in shape and height out of the box. 

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#14 - M

- M

Posted 03 March 2021 - 02:00 PM

What are our thoughts on Flare? Tons of guys are using them now, wider blade and doesn’t need profiling...

Has anyone on here sharpened a pair of Flare blades?  Do you get an accurate reading with a traditional pro square (like Blademaster BR100) or do you need to buy their dedicated Blackstone pro square?

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#15 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 03 March 2021 - 03:35 PM

Has anyone on here sharpened a pair of Flare blades?  Do you get an accurate reading with a traditional pro square (like Blademaster BR100) or do you need to buy their dedicated Blackstone pro square?

I've sharpened a few pairs on my BRC2005 and my BR100 square worked fine. I just unscrewed the adjustment knob. 

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer.