• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 13 October 2019 - 09:00 AM

Anyone check out the new ADV stick?

Seems like most incredible stick ever :censored:

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#2 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 13 October 2019 - 10:17 AM

I used mine yesterday for 2 hours. I hated it. It sucks  :thumbdown:

The stick is so off balance due to the "sonic boom" taper at the bottom. When I picked up the stick in store, it felt really nice and light in the hands. The balance did not seem off at all. In fact, I weighed the stick at home and it was surprisingly 2 grams lighter than my vapor ADV. However on the ice, it is a different story. As soon as you start stick handling, you notice the "bottom heavy" feeling right away. Also, the taper is so obnoxiously big that it is almost distracting when you glance down at the puck while stick handling. It feels like their is a shooting weight attached to your stick. 

Puck feel is good on the new blade. It feels very similar to the vapor ADV blade. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the exact same blade, and Bauer is just trying to market a new and improved blade  :dunno:

Release time while shooting feels slow due to the balance affecting the overall swing weight. First off, the load time takes longer because of the heaviness of the taper. The best shots I found with the stick were slappers and one-timers. They come off heavy and powerful. You will instantly feel it. I have never taken more powerful clappers/one timers with any other stick. That is where the taper shines. If this is a big part of your game, you will love it. 

The huge taper just feels very "clunky and junky". I feel like Bauer made the taper so big to mainly add durability. However, it definitely affects performance overall. Bauer needs to stop with the gimmicks. This stick would have been amazing with just a normal taper. The upper part of the shaft and blade are on point. I generally like a rounded shaft, however the square shaft on the Supreme ADV felt fine. The only thing f*cking up the stick is the stupid "sonic boom" garbage... 

*It is important to note that I am a vapor stick user.  Maybe for guys who use Supreme sticks, they will have a different opinion towards the stick. However, I strongly suggest to not buy one simply because it feels good in your hands in the store. Because that's exactly how it felt to me. On the ice is completely different.*

gallery_11726_1417_52150.jpg

Here is a pic of the sonic boom taper compared to my Vapor ADV. You will notice how much thicker it is on the left. 

#3 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 13 October 2019 - 11:10 AM

Thanks for confirming my suspicions and vindicating me of not buying one yesterday.

I'll be waiting for the Nexus version.

Custom everything.

#4 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 13 October 2019 - 01:16 PM

I don’t ever buy retail sticks anymore but if I got one of these I’d it definitely be testing it in the shooting area first. This thing probably runs $400 in Canada

#5 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 13 October 2019 - 04:01 PM

They don't allow ADVs in the shooting area at my LHS. If they did I definitely would have done it. 

I ended up returning both my Supreme ADVs today lol