Girdle Questions

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Nazzy

Nazzy
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 15 October 2019 - 01:27 PM

Hello S2K friends,

I've only ever used traditional hockey pants and am curious about trying a girdle.  I'm M+1 for pant size (32 waist and Loong legs) but don't see many Pro Bauer Girdles out there.  I saw Pettersson wearing a Bauer M+1 one, and that is likely what I would be looking for (also noticed Horvat switched to a girdle this year).  Are there many pro Bauers avail?  Is M+1 a super rare size for a girdle, and finally..would I need M+1 girdle shells or would a M or L work?  Any input is appreciated.  Thanks!

#2 rbark11

rbark11
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:35 PM

M or L shell should work, just depends on personal preference. I think Nylander wears a L girdle with a M shell

#3 Cavs019

Cavs019

Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:49 PM

The super tacks girdle with a Bauer shell might be a good option since it has the length adjustment functionality.

#4 Nazzy

Nazzy

Posted 15 October 2019 - 06:18 PM

Nice call.  Seeing that CCM one with the length aspect now.

The super tacks girdle with a Bauer shell might be a good option since it has the length adjustment functionality.

#5 Nazzy

Nazzy

Posted 15 October 2019 - 06:21 PM

I wouldn't want the pants to look short (had that until I started buying M+1 pants), but also don't want them to look baggy/long.  If I bought a Medium shell could i cheat it down a bit up top or is that not possible with the way they attach?

#6 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 16 October 2019 - 05:49 AM

PP10 shells dontfit as well, but I use them with my MX3 girdle and I can adjust where they fall. I find the 9K shells fall too low and im 6'2''

Agreed. That would be a good option.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#7 Nazzy

Nazzy

Posted 16 October 2019 - 10:10 AM

Thanks guys!

#8 xstartxtodayx

xstartxtodayx
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 16 October 2019 - 01:13 PM

The tacks girdle is a great option since it's so adjustable, just a heads up though, they run small so size up if you're in between.  As for shells, the new Tacks line of shells has built in length adjustment which might be what you're looking for... I have a medium girdle and a small Tacks shell which, when unzipped at the top for the additional length, fits pretty well. 

- Jon

#9 court31sierra

court31sierra

Posted 13 November 2019 - 08:56 AM

would a bauer Large + 1 shell fit good over a large warrior girdle?

#10 humuhumuhumu

humuhumuhumu
  • LocationOiler fan living in Calgary

Posted 13 November 2019 - 04:48 PM

Should fit just fine. I have both Warrior and Bauer large girdles, and all my shells are large and all brands. I have a couple +1 shells that work fine and I’m only 5’10”.

#11 louie

louie
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:41 PM

A lot of times you can “hike” up a girdle shell over a girdle. If it’s a girdle shell with velcro you can play with it, same with a belt. Most of the 9K cut shells fit nicely over an girdle.

#12 Niko42

Niko42

Posted 28 November 2019 - 03:35 PM

Anybody try the new xc9 true girdle? I’m looking into a replacement and wondering how the fit is , I’m coming from supreme mediums

Always looking for Bauer NXG or MX3 gloves!