Photo

Is the P88 growing in popularity or just coming back in due to the young guys?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 11 November 2019 - 02:19 PM

Is the P88 growing in popularity or just coming back in due to the young guys? Seems like the pattern was dormant at the pro level for a while but young guys coming up it’s been popping. Boeser, Gaudreau, Hughes brothers etc.

#2 Cavs019

Cavs019

Posted 11 November 2019 - 08:35 PM

Pure speculation - you have a generation of guys aging into pro where when they walked into their local shop if they didn’t want a massive toe or massive mid-toe they’re walking out with a P88.

Makar and Mittlestadt also use it alongside tons of NCAA guys.

#3 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 12 November 2019 - 09:00 AM

Pure speculation - you have a generation of guys aging into pro where when they walked into their local shop if they didn’t want a massive toe or massive mid-toe they’re walking out with a P88.

Makar and Mittlestadt also use it alongside tons of NCAA guys.

Essentially what you are implying is that in the age group it was one of three or four patterns in store? I remember before the 28 The P 92 was considered a big curve. Maybe since there are really no Drurys on shelves or P106s, P02 etc guys do exactly what you said and default to the one of 3, got used to it coming up and never left.

#4 strosedefence34

strosedefence34

Posted 12 November 2019 - 10:47 AM

Essentially what you are implying is that in the age group it was one of three or four patterns in store? I remember before the 28 The P 92 was considered a big curve. Maybe since there are really no Drurys on shelves or P106s, P02 etc guys do exactly what you said and default to the one of 3, got used to it coming up and never left.

That's what I did.  Except I used the curve back when it was called the Lindros on a Supreme 3030 wood stick.  Every time I bought a new stick I always picked up the P88.  I would be happy to see more guys using it in college and the pros it will make finding pro stock sticks easier.