Photo

Graf skate holder mounting screws problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 blazer88

blazer88
  • Locationlong island n.y

Posted 01 January 2020 - 02:33 PM

Hey guys , having all sorts of problems remounting Graf holders with forefoot lifts , that I took off another pair. Problem is the threaded inserts came out & they are not easy to push back through & are a real pain in the ass to push through the toe area. When I got them in the toe inserts would push up or totally come out when screw was tightened back in. Major hassle, can the skate shop remount them with the lift with rivets. Don't think the lifts are the problem. Thanks

#2 gsr027

gsr027

Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:16 PM

When I did that years ago, i got a slightly longer screw from a hardware store then stuck it up through from the holder side. Then I doubled up some stick tape so the sticky side was out to help kind of guide the nut into place while threading it onto the screw. Then slowly tightened the screw while holding the nut from inside the skate and was eventually able to get it to line up and go back into place. Once I got it back into place I could back out the long screw and put one in that didn’t stick up in the footbed. Really wasn’t too bad. You could probably get them to do rivets, but would probably have to be coppers to be big enough for the holes, but they might also have a little play in them after. Hope that makes sense and helps! I ultimately ended up just swapping tuuks that I had lay around instead since I also wanted a shorter profile in addition to a more neutral pitch and just made shims as a test.