Photo

Skate Sharpening & Profiling, Holder/Chassis Mounting, Gear Repair, Shot Blockers, Jersey & Graphic Design

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 12 February 2020 - 05:56 PM

Hello 2K,

I run a sharpening/service business is called Golden Gate Sharpening. I would like to offer my work to 2K members, either through the mail or in person in Northern California. I'd be glad to assist you in any way possible. I have invested a lot of money and many years of work into my shop and would love to provide my services to the hockey community. Email me - goldengatehockey@gmail.com or (text only) my work number - (530) 830-2159 to get the ball rolling.

Just a reminder though: My shop is a service shop, not a retail shop. I don't sell any hockey equipment (retail or pro stock) and or carry any inventory. I do not sell or stock any new equipment, holders, steel, tongues, wheels, bearings, or parts. I only provide the services and installations. I do have size 6-9 Koho roller hockey chassis and as some smaller items like tape, but otherwise do not carry parts. However, I can order steel or holders from Ice Warehouse or Hockey Monkey free of charge as part of the service I am providing. Ex. If you are swapping to Marsblades, I will order the Marsblades directly to my shop, then install them as soon as they are received. 

I can do the following jobs. Shipping/return shipping not included.

-Basic sharpening (Blademaster ROH and Blackstone FBV 100/50, 100/75, 95/75, 95/1) - $20 per pair, does not include return shipping. I recommend sending multiple pairs at once for the best value. 

-Height-matching (matching the same shape and height on both runners) - $30 per pair including sharpening.

-Profiling on SSM Profil machine (7', 9', 10', 11', 13', 9/10', 26' and 28' goalie, copy of your current profile, more templates will be added over time) - $50 per pair, includes height-match and sharpening.

-Full boot tune-up - Blade profiling, height-match, and sharpening, replacement of any damaged rivets or eyelets, full cleaning and boot sanitization - $100

-Mounting of ice holders, Marsblades, Sprungs, or standard roller chassis - $50 per pair.

-Basic sewing repairs, including elbow/shin pad straps and glove patches - $15 per strap or patch, gloved/pad sanitization included. 

-Sewing crests onto blank jerseys - $25 per jersey, decresting not included and cannot be guaranteed.

-Tongue installation - $50 per pair.

-Tendon guard repair - depends on the severity of the damage. 

-Custom heel/toe lifts - $15 per piece, installation extra.

-Shot blockers - $30 per side

-Anything else - contact me for a quote or info. If I can't do it, I may know someone that can. 

-I can't repalm yet. I am not going to work on anyone else's gloves until I am confident enough to do it properly. 

In addition, I am an experienced visual and graphic designer I can do the following:

-Design your beer league team's jerseys, socks, helmet decals, apparel, bags, soakers, etc, then have them printed by Jerzeys FX, an amazing company. I use Stick Bandits (another fantastic company) for decals.

-Design custom gloves with a logo (created by myself or someone else) and have them created by Eagle, Warrior, or Fischer).

-Run and design your team's social media, including thumbnails, gameday posts, final score posts, updates, game pictures, etc.

-Design your team or company website. I can do something simple/easy to digest like mine or something more intricate. 

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#2 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 17 April 2020 - 11:21 AM

New post added. 

#3 mziegler

mziegler
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 26 May 2020 - 06:18 PM

IMG 0768

Holy shit guys. Jake is a magician. These just came in and I couldn't be happier. Elite.

#4 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 27 May 2020 - 05:41 AM

I moved your topic to the correct section of the forum :)

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#5 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 12 June 2020 - 12:42 PM

Thanks Dupes! Looking to get some conversions and repairs done? PM me if you're interested. $50 + return shipping for a conversion + free boot inspection and detailing.

#6 sharks_throwaway

sharks_throwaway
  • LocationTallmadge, OH

Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:43 PM

Over the years I’ve had Jake do a TON of work for me including sharpenings, equipment / apparel repair and even equipment modifications. Always top notch quality and workmanship. He’s a gear nerd just like the rest of us, and it really shows in the pride he takes in his work.

Would highly recommend.

#7 cgeartron

cgeartron

Posted 13 June 2020 - 02:28 AM

Jake recently did a one100 tongue swap for me to clean up the look on my Limited Edition 1S skates(IK its not pro stock, dont kill me pls lol). Great attention to detail, and it makes these skates perfect to flop now. 
Also sharpened my blades so im ready to finally hit the ice once the rinks open back up! I recommend his services to anyone who needs work done

IMG-1500.jpg

instagram @ccmcrazylightking

Always looking for CCM CLs size 14!

Let me know what you have!

#8 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 14 June 2020 - 01:13 PM

giphy.gif

Thanks for the kind words, gentlemen. Happy to help. 

#9 Buzz_LightBeer

Buzz_LightBeer

Posted 05 July 2020 - 03:49 PM

https://www.instagra...d=159z953dag3by

Had Jake transfer some old Bauer bag logos onto practice unis. Couldn’t be happier.

Good Idea; Whistling while you work.

Bad Idea; Whistling while you eat.

#10 mwallner

mwallner
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 23 July 2020 - 11:50 AM

I had Jake do some work on my skates recently and I can’t say enough about the quality of the work. He swapped out a pair of marsblade holders on some skates and fixed heel lifts on my ice skates. Jake was able to fix heel lifts that a local Bay Area shop royally messed up. If you are thinking about getting some work done on your skates I would highly recommend Jake, he definitely cares about the quality of his work. The turnaround time on the work was super fast and Jake provided regular updates. I would not hesitate to have Jake do work on my skates in the future.

#11 mwallner

mwallner
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 23 July 2020 - 12:08 PM

image0
image1 1
IMG 3107

#12 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 23 July 2020 - 06:32 PM

Thanks guys! 

#13 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 22 December 2020 - 10:46 PM

With the lockdowns coming back into play, I've been seeing a lot of people wanting to get their backup skates converted to Marsblades/roller. I also have tons of accessories I can add to the order as well (tape, wax, etc.) for around $5/$10 each. I figured I'd bring this back up just in case anyone wanted work done. 

#14 leftwinger37

leftwinger37
  • Location"The Great Lakes State"

Posted 08 January 2021 - 05:12 AM

I have done a few swaps with Jake over the years and know him to be a reputable, honest member of the S2K community. When I saw on Instagram that he was building up his business, I didn’t hesitate to reach out to him about getting a few sets of steel sharpened. We had a consult about my needs and I paid electronically. Easy breezy. I don’t live anywhere near the Bay Area (I’m in the Detroit burbs), but my steel got to him in 2 days via USPS Priority flat rate, he had them done next day and back in the mail. Not only was his turnaround time quick, but he noticed that I had a bent runner and corrected it. Your “assembly line” sharpeners don’t do that. I’m not skating right now due to the pandemic, so I haven’t been out for a rip yet, but everything looks great and I’m very pleased with the service and professionalism Jake provides. If you’re looking for an experienced sharpener that is focused on your needs, has an attention to detail, and a passion for what he does, give Jake and Golden Gate Sharpening a try. You’ll be happy you did plus you’ll be helping support small business and a valued member of this community.

Chris

#15 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 08 January 2021 - 08:24 PM

I have done a few swaps with Jake over the years and know him to be a reputable, honest member of the S2K community. When I saw on Instagram that he was building up his business, I didn’t hesitate to reach out to him about getting a few sets of steel sharpened. We had a consult about my needs and I paid electronically. Easy breezy. I don’t live anywhere near the Bay Area (I’m in the Detroit burbs), but my steel got to him in 2 days via USPS Priority flat rate, he had them done next day and back in the mail. Not only was his turnaround time quick, but he noticed that I had a bent runner and corrected it. Your “assembly line” sharpeners don’t do that. I’m not skating right now due to the pandemic, so I haven’t been out for a rip yet, but everything looks great and I’m very pleased with the service and professionalism Jake provides. If you’re looking for an experienced sharpener that is focused on your needs, has an attention to detail, and a passion for what he does, give Jake and Golden Gate Sharpening a try. You’ll be happy you did plus you’ll be helping support small business and a valued member of this community.

Chris

giphy.gif

#16 alereflammam

alereflammam

Posted 09 January 2021 - 05:33 PM

I sent my knives to Golden State Sharpening and they did a great job!

🤣

Jake is a great member here.

#17 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 09 January 2021 - 06:15 PM

I sent my knives to Golden State Sharpening and they did a great job!

Jake is a great member here.

LOL! Hopefully they weren't too sharp and ripped through the package on the way back to Canada. 

Likewise to you.  :headbang:

#18 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 18 June 2021 - 07:53 PM

Update: my shop re-opened on June 15th. My SSM Profil profiler (made in Sweden) is here and I have 7, 9', 10', 11', 13', 26' goalie, 28' goalie, and 9/10 to start, but will be purchasing more templates as time goes on. I will also have a replicator tool which can replicate your current profile on one set of steel to another set. 

Profiling is $50 and does not include return shipping via USPS flat rate envelope. You can also drop off your full skates or steel if you're local. The steel will be height-matched, profiled, and sharpened to the hollow of your choice. 

I am also still performing all other services, so feel free to reach out any any time to see what I can do for you. 

#19 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 20 July 2021 - 11:31 PM

Update: I can replicate a profile from your current steel onto a new pair of steel with the SSM Profil. Each set of steel is height-matched, profiled, and then sharpened to the hollow of your choice. I can also send the steel back only cross-ground and unsharpened if you prefer to sharpen yourself. 

#20 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 01 October 2021 - 11:19 PM

I am now doing profiles. Each profile includes a height-match and sharpening. Brand new steel (including Step) is mismatched in height and profile out of the box, so a profile and height match will really give your steel that extra performance edge, even for beer leaguers.