Photo

Rivet/Mounting, Sharpening, and Jersey Cresting/Repair Services

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 GoldenStateSharpening

GoldenStateSharpening

Posted 12 February 2020 - 05:56 PM

I have been seeing lots of people having Marsblades/roller chassis installed onto their ice boots and with the local shops being closed, having limited hours, and/or unexperienced employees, this can be very difficult. With that being said, I figured I'd offer my services for installing holders, chassis swaps, jersey logo cresting, basic repairs, sharpening, etc to 2k members. I own a business called Golden State Sharpening Garage (formerly Golden Gate Hockey.) 

I am running out of my garage, but plan to open a standalone shop in a few years. I can also sharpen skates or make basic repairs. I have been in the EQM field since 2014 and have worked in the AHL, as well as a few different hockey shops. 

I can do the following:

Mount/swap holders, heel lifts, convert ice hockey skates to roller (Marsblade or regular chassis)

Sharpen & height match steel (I can't profile, I don't have a profiler anymore unfortunately)

Sew crests onto blank jerseys and decrest 2.0/3.0's (no Adidas)

Minor repairs, including rips in pants/shells/gloves/jerseys and palm patches

Deep cleaning and sanitizing (trust me, this makes a HUGE difference!)

Note: I can't repalm gloves, I don't have the machinery (but why would you send them to me over Pat anyway?)

Please PM me on here if you need any work and I will see what I can do to help you!

Thanks,

Jake

VTOCjZal.png

wTNMgtzm.jpghUwwFGFm.png

aXa3WjNm.pngrdBzh53m.png

p64UBOkm.pngP2Uyfv0m.jpg?1

"What's your best price?" is NOT an offer - Gr8erade

PucksForAll is a SCAMMER

#2 GoldenStateSharpening

GoldenStateSharpening

Posted 17 April 2020 - 11:21 AM

New post added. 

PucksForAll is a SCAMMER

#3 mziegler

mziegler
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 26 May 2020 - 06:18 PM

IMG 0768

Holy shit guys. Jake is a magician. These just came in and I couldn't be happier. Elite.

#4 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 27 May 2020 - 05:41 AM

I moved your topic to the correct section of the forum :)

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#5 GoldenStateSharpening

GoldenStateSharpening

Posted 12 June 2020 - 12:42 PM

Thanks Dupes! Looking to get some conversions and repairs done! PM me if you're interested. 

$50 (+return shipping) for a Marsblade conversion/regular holder conversion. Include up to two pairs of your steel and I'll sharpen it for free! All basic repairs, eyelet replacement (1-4 eyelets) and any cleaning is included as well. 

PucksForAll is a SCAMMER

#6 sharks_throwaway

sharks_throwaway
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:43 PM

Over the years I’ve had Jake do a TON of work for me including sharpenings, equipment / apparel repair and even equipment modifications. Always top notch quality and workmanship. He’s a gear nerd just like the rest of us, and it really shows in the pride he takes in his work.

Would highly recommend.

#7 cgeartron

cgeartron

Posted 13 June 2020 - 02:28 AM

Jake recently did a one100 tongue swap for me to clean up the look on my Limited Edition 1S skates(IK its not pro stock, dont kill me pls lol). Great attention to detail, and it makes these skates perfect to flop now. 
Also sharpened my blades so im ready to finally hit the ice once the rinks open back up! I recommend his services to anyone who needs work done

IMG-1500.jpg

instagram @ccmcrazylightlover

Always looking for CCM CLs size 14!

Let me know what you have!

#8 GoldenStateSharpening

GoldenStateSharpening

Posted 14 June 2020 - 01:13 PM

giphy.gif

Thanks for the kind words, gentlemen. Happy to help. 

PucksForAll is a SCAMMER

#9 Buzz_LightBeer

Buzz_LightBeer

Posted 05 July 2020 - 03:49 PM

https://www.instagra...d=159z953dag3by

Had Jake transfer some old Bauer bag logos onto practice unis. Couldn’t be happier.

Good Idea; Whistling while you work.

Bad Idea; Whistling while you eat.

#10 mwallner

mwallner
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 23 July 2020 - 11:50 AM

I had Jake do some work on my skates recently and I can’t say enough about the quality of the work. He swapped out a pair of marsblade holders on some skates and fixed heel lifts on my ice skates. Jake was able to fix heel lifts that a local Bay Area shop royally messed up. If you are thinking about getting some work done on your skates I would highly recommend Jake, he definitely cares about the quality of his work. The turnaround time on the work was super fast and Jake provided regular updates. I would not hesitate to have Jake do work on my skates in the future.

#11 mwallner

mwallner
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 23 July 2020 - 12:08 PM

image0
image1 1
IMG 3107

#12 GoldenStateSharpening

GoldenStateSharpening

Posted 23 July 2020 - 06:32 PM

Thanks guys!