Photo

How do you prefer your mitts to fit? updated poll*

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Glove Fit Preference (50 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you like your gloves to fit bigger or smaller?

1. Smaller fit (38 votes [76.00%])

Percentage of vote: 76.00%

2. Bigger fit (12 votes [24.00%])

Percentage of vote: 24.00%

snug or loose?

1. snug fit (40 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. loose fit (10 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Finger length and gusset fit preference

1. fingers pressed up against gusset (4 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. fingers flush at the end of the gusset (10 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. a little room from tip of finger to edge of gusset (6 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 edo

edo

Posted 06 April 2020 - 07:16 AM

Hey Guys,

thought i'd start this topic as i always find myself in between sizes and for life of me can't make a decision.

I like a smaller fit but find sometimes when the gloves shift they feel like they're falling off. However if i size up the fingers feel like they are way too long.
Looking to see what everyone prefers.

#2 firefighter55

firefighter55
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 07 April 2020 - 08:42 AM

I like a 14. I’m 5’ 9”. I like where it tapers almost. I want it snug against the back of my hand but I want it be able to move my wrist without anything hindering my movement. I had the crazy lights before that but they just got too loose, not bad but I don’t want them falling off. I also have a pair of CCM QLs. They are in my opinion even more tapered.
Looking for:
Blackhawks Hawks HGTK 14” Gloves

#3 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 07 April 2020 - 12:25 PM

Tight fingers, snug palm, loose cuff.

Custom everything.

#4 Tucker17

Tucker17

Posted 07 April 2020 - 09:03 PM

I like 4 roll traditional style with a really open cuff. I hate when the glove interferes with elbow pads. I don’t want it too tight in the hand but not crazy loose. 13N franchise fit me dead on.

#5 CCMHockey

CCMHockey
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 09 April 2020 - 12:32 PM

Might be beneficial to separate this into how snug you like the hand/fingers, and how snug/flared you like the cuff area

Est. 1899

#6 cgeartron

cgeartron

Posted 12 April 2020 - 03:43 PM

i like a tapered fit. So snug around the hands/fingers, and open on the cuff. 

Longer fingers is also a plus for me. Thats why i think the CLs are the perfect gloves  :y

instagram @ccmcrazylightking

Always looking for CCM CLs size 14!

Let me know what you have!

#7 Gefiltefish

Gefiltefish

Posted 12 April 2020 - 10:53 PM

Loose like sleeve of wizard.

Usually prefer a 4-roll style glove in 14in, but prefer longer fingers and a super-short upper-cuff.

~Sam~

#8 theruz23

theruz23
  • LocationCT

Posted 13 April 2020 - 05:08 PM

Loose like sleeve of wizard.

Usually prefer a 4-roll style glove in 14in, but prefer longer fingers and a super-short upper-cuff.

100% i like my gloves almost falling off my hands but not long fingers just width wise lol plus sometimes you need to be able to drop em fast :)

#9 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 13 April 2020 - 06:36 PM

CCM HG12 Gloves or Bauer 1S. That’s my jam. I give the nod to the HG12 but the 1S look better.

#10 althoma1

althoma1
  • LocationToronto

Posted 15 April 2020 - 12:25 PM

Like the STX Surgeon gloves - tight in the fingers and backhand, but nice and open in the cuff. 

#11 edo

edo

Posted 05 May 2020 - 09:28 AM

Thanks for all the insights Guys! I’m adding a part of the poll.

But my question is do you prefer your fingers to be touching the end of the gussets, some space or even pressing on the end of the gusset?

My biggest thing is 13’s my fingers are pressing up against the gussets and 14’s I have room if my hand slides at all I have a centimetre or more of space between my finger tips and the gusset edge.

#12 WindyCity

WindyCity
  • LocationChicago

Posted 05 May 2020 - 09:23 PM

Thanks for all the insights Guys! I’m adding a part of the poll.

But my question is do you prefer your fingers to be touching the end of the gussets, some space or even pressing on the end of the gusset?

My biggest thing is 13’s my fingers are pressing up against the gussets and 14’s I have room if my hand slides at all I have a centimetre or more of space between my finger tips and the gusset edge.

My fit is like that too.  What I like are gloves that are snug, but come off without the damn padding pulling out all the time.  I've found that Foligno and Giroux specs provide just the right amount of snugness and yet still allow for the gloves to be taken off and put on without the padding pulling out.  I think their 13" but wider glove.

#13 edo

edo

Posted 07 May 2020 - 08:28 AM

Not that three votes are a lot however I see so far most people like a little room between their finger tips and the end of the gusset. I’m still trying to decide if this is something I want to try out or just keep the way My gloves fit now which is right at and or pushing up against the gusset edge

#14 althoma1

althoma1
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 May 2020 - 11:37 AM

I like my fingers to be right at the end of the gusset, but not pushing past. I definitely don't like to have a little room at the end - I know that's safer and more protective, but, to me, it feels a bit sloppy. 

#15 edo

edo

Posted 11 May 2020 - 02:30 PM

This has definitely helped sway my decision after always wanting super tight snug gloves I always went with 13’s however my fingers are pressing the ends of the gussets, so I’m going to give 14’s a shot and probably just double pad the backhand liner if I need the tighter feel.

#16 edo

edo

Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:02 PM

After some consideration I picked up a pair of 14’ mitts and after 4 years of rocking 13’s I think I’ll be switching back to 14’ gloves. The finger length is much more comfortable. I don’t know why I was so hell bent on rocking 13’s for so long but I guess now the rest will be hitting the ice and seeing how they feel. Thanks for all the input!

#17 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 20 May 2020 - 03:18 PM

I’m in the exact same boat my dude

#18 Tucker17

Tucker17

Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:29 PM

I like 13”. I’m a 5’4 female. I have fairly small hands and could probably get away when 12” gloves. But I like pro stock for the Protection factor.

I’ve always liked the 4 roll style. My favourite forever is the warrior franchise 13N. Have one pro stock pair left. Great gloves. Recently I’ve used HG97/98 gloves. They are a tighter fit but I almost prefer the looser around the wrist the franchise has. Also have a random pair of verbero dextra pro plus I got super cheap online. They are very wide. Not a fan of the gussets though