Photo

Ultra tacks pro shin guards

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Tucker17

Tucker17

Posted 02 July 2020 - 04:19 AM

Hi. I found a smoking deal on a gently used ultra tacks pro shin pad. They seem to be like the normal ultra but with a different liner. These had the straps cut but I just use external straps and tape So not a big deal

So are these legit pro stock shin pads or just some sort of SMU sort of thing? If they are pro stock, are they similar to the old jofa/rbk pads? I just got them because of the price and think my Sherwood ones aren’t beefy enough for the league I’m in.

Thanks!

#2 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 02 July 2020 - 05:45 AM

do you have a picture of them?

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#3 Tucker17

Tucker17

Posted 02 July 2020 - 10:54 AM

do you have a picture of them?

I haven’t got them yet but here’s the sold link https://sidelineswap...-pads-pro-stock
I’m going to cut them to make them 13” as the jr aren’t cutting it for depth.i also never trust when it says “pro stock” as I’ve seen all sorts of junk listed as that.

#4 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 02 July 2020 - 11:01 AM

They’re pro stock.

All of the tacks line says “ULTRA PRO” if it’s the pro version.

#5 Tucker17

Tucker17

Posted 02 July 2020 - 11:19 AM

They’re pro stock.

All of the tacks line says “ULTRA PRO” if it’s the pro version.

ok cool. So what’s the major difference between the retail ultra and the pro?

I had 13” super tacks retail and they were jr. so they were too shallow for my adult calf’s. They ended up getting cracked in the knee cap so I sold them for cheap. I have a pair of Sherwood M90 I’ve yet to use but they don’t seem very protective but the depth is better. I play in a league where guys rip it HARD. Hard enough to bust my Last pair in a season.

#6 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 02 July 2020 - 11:31 AM

The liner is the difference

#7 Tucker17

Tucker17

Posted 02 July 2020 - 11:48 AM

The liner is the difference

ok. Is it more protective Or comfortable? I hated the liner in my super tacks so much I took them out and wore nothing. Hopefully this isn’t the same

#8 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 02 July 2020 - 11:50 AM

Never used the retail version so I can’t comment

#9 Tucker17

Tucker17

Posted 02 July 2020 - 11:55 AM

Never used the retail version so I can’t comment

ok thanks man for all your help. Guess we will see when they arrive eh.

#10 BesToss

BesToss
  • LocationJersey City, NJ

Posted 02 July 2020 - 01:35 PM

I've had retail Super Tacks shin pads and currently wear Tacks pro stock shins. The liners on retail Tacks seem pretty thick but they weren't protective enough, and the cutout knee donut design were quite uncomfortable since my knees were directly rubbing against the D3O foams. I'm pretty happy with my pro stock Tacks now since they have Jofa-style liners with thick foams inside, there are also fabrics over the donuts to create some gaps between your knees and the shells.

#11 Tucker17

Tucker17

Posted 02 July 2020 - 02:17 PM

I've had retail Super Tacks shin pads and currently wear Tacks pro stock shins. The liners on retail Tacks seem pretty thick but they weren't protective enough, and the cutout knee donut design were quite uncomfortable since my knees were directly rubbing against the D3O foams. I'm pretty happy with my pro stock Tacks now since they have Jofa-style liners with thick foams inside, there are also fabrics over the donuts to create some gaps between your knees and the shells.

this is the exact issue I hated with my rental super tacks. I hated it. I legit took the liners out and put some poron pads in the knee. They hovered off my leg so bad because it was a jr. I have very short legs it sucks.

Are the pro stock close to the old jofa pads? The liner definitely is which I’m stoked about. I had the RBK ?K the blue and white ones in minor hockey then I went to 20k in my last season. Since then it’s been a revolving door... in 3 years I’ve had Bauer 1S, S190, APX, warrior alpha QXpro, super tacks, Sherwood M90 (haven’t worn them yet but they seem not too great. Prob will sell them) and now these. I just couldn’t say no to that price.

#12 BesToss

BesToss
  • LocationJersey City, NJ

Posted 03 July 2020 - 11:38 AM

I don’t personally own Jofa pads so can’t comment on the fit, but the liners look very similar to those Jofa pads I’ve seen online. If you like your old RBK pads I think you would love these as well

#13 Tucker17

Tucker17

Posted 03 July 2020 - 07:11 PM

I don’t personally own Jofa pads so can’t comment on the fit, but the liners look very similar to those Jofa pads I’ve seen online. If you like your old RBK pads I think you would love these as well

awesome I’m so excited!!!!! Haven’t found a pad even close to my 20ks