Photo

Quarantine Splurges

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 knyventura

knyventura
  • LocationBelchertown, MA

Posted 27 July 2020 - 08:00 PM

During quarantine with no hockey I found myself saying, there’s no hockey I should sell some of my extra equipment and pay the mortgage and other bills. Next thing you know, I sell 2 shells and 2 pairs of gloves and buy 6 more of each. It’s a vicious cycle.

Anyone else have this problem?

#2 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 27 July 2020 - 11:17 PM

So far since March when it shut down I’ve bought 2 bags, 2 pairs of gloves, 4 jerseys, 2 sets of socks, a skate mat, soakers, 2 Tacks 910 buckets, a visor, a full bubble for just in case we had to when hockey came back lol Now I’m playing again though and it feels great 

#3 Maligator175

Maligator175
  • LocationChicago

Posted 28 July 2020 - 12:21 AM

I bought and attempted to sell a ton of stuff during quarantine. I was bored and losing my mind. Now that I started playing again, I found what I really like out on the ice, and decided to dump the rest. Can’t replicate how a pair of pants will feel running around your basement...

Biggest surprise was some pro stock heel curve sticks I picked up from PSH. I was kinda iffy first game with them, but now I love them. I’m pissed I only have 3. They’re going to be hard to find.

#4 cgeartron

cgeartron

Posted 28 July 2020 - 12:27 AM

Been buying way too many gloves that are turning into ornaments in my garage at this point.
Cant wait to use them when the rinks start opening back up here. (dont know when that will be with how California keeps getting worse  :nono:

instagram @ccmcrazylightking

Always looking for CCM CLs size 14!

Let me know what you have!

#5 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 28 July 2020 - 08:42 AM

Yeah I went on my biggest gear splurge ever.

Let's see...

6 practice jerseys

5 pairs of gloves

5 sets of socks

4 girdle shells

3 helmets

2 pairs of shoulder pads

1 pro bag

1 toiletry bag

1 pair of pants

1 stick

1 pair of elbow pads

1 visor

And some helmet decals for good measure.

I've skated 5 times in the past 2 weeks, and all I want to wear is my new Thrashers set. :rofl:

#6 sharks_throwaway

sharks_throwaway
  • LocationTallmadge, OH

Posted 28 July 2020 - 06:57 PM

After experimenting with different Bauer setups, I finally took the plunge and ordered a custom set of JRZ goalie gear (pads, glove, blocker) and a Kenesky PP1 chest protector.

#7 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 28 July 2020 - 07:17 PM

Sold all of my 56 praccys to Kevin and Jake and replaced them with 52s which actually fit. Sold a couple pair of gloves and bought a couple pair to replace. Switched to a girdle and bought some shells. Now all I need is ice time to make sure I like the switch and will sell the pants. Just a big viscious but fun cycle!!

#8 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 28 July 2020 - 07:18 PM

Sold all of my 56 praccys to Kevin and Jake and replaced them with 52s which actually fit. Sold a couple pair of gloves and bought a couple pair to replace. Switched to a girdle and bought some shells. Now all I need is ice time to make sure I like the switch and will sell the pants. Just a big viscious but fun cycle!!

#9 Scdp99

Scdp99

Posted 28 July 2020 - 07:27 PM

Couple of Nike 0004 helmets along with a genuine Canucks equipment And toiletries bag

#10 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 28 July 2020 - 07:53 PM

Decided to focus more on IIHF, Euro leagues, and NCAA. Got Sweden, Frolunda Indians, Jokerit Helsinki, Ohio State, Bowling Green, and Wisconsin sets (some aren't finished yet.)

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#11 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 28 July 2020 - 09:09 PM

I’ve spent quarantine attempting to find a helmet that fits well but also passes the mirror test. I’m on my 5th 😒🙃

#12 Cavs019

Cavs019

Posted 28 July 2020 - 10:03 PM

I’ve spent quarantine attempting to find a helmet that fits well but also passes the mirror test. I’m on my 5th 😒🙃

Same here. It’s starting to look like I’ll never leave the 4500.

#13 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 28 July 2020 - 10:24 PM

Same hahaha

#14 markov94

markov94
  • LocationSarnia Ont,...then Lakeland FLA....then back to Sarnia

Posted 29 July 2020 - 01:14 PM

When Hockey ended late March I thought what a good time to get rid of a few things clean up my hockey area. Really tidy things up...

Now I have around 50 jersey/sock combinations....10 will have matching helmet.pants...etc....and the rest just use generic black/blue/red...pants/bucket....

I got rid of about 4 or 5 of those and was doing really well...

Then brought about 8 in...........It is a vicious circle......

#15 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 29 July 2020 - 01:57 PM

I think I picked up 2 or 3 more shells, 1 more pair of gloves, then a bunch of gear for roller (1 pair of new skates, 1 pair of ice boots for Marsblade O1, another pair for the R1, and 2 sticks).

Not sure when I'll be back on the ice, but I really want/need to slim everything down

#16 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 29 July 2020 - 01:58 PM

4500 will always look good. I have 4 of them.

I started using an IMS 9.0 and I realized it only passes the mirror test if you're wearing shoulder pads.  I don't know why, but it does.  In my opinion, at least.

#17 DatsyukZherdev

DatsyukZherdev
  • LocationLetterkenny, Ontario

Posted 29 July 2020 - 08:56 PM

bought some great items and sold some stuff I realized I'll never use. made some good decisions and some stupid ones LOL

#18 ntwusc

ntwusc
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 29 July 2020 - 10:02 PM

I'm afraid to count all the stuff I've bought since March

#19 Adam

Adam

Posted 02 August 2020 - 01:10 PM

Lmao ya okay what else