Photo

Jetspeed Girdle

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 griswald88

griswald88

Posted 14 August 2020 - 05:51 PM

Anyone try the Jetspeed Girdle? Own a Tacks currently, but always looking to reduce weight. Wanted to see if anyone had any experience.

If there’s another girdle you find to be better, feel free to let me know.

Thanks!

#2 BesToss

BesToss
  • LocationJersey City, NJ

Posted 14 August 2020 - 07:29 PM

I also have a Tacks girdle. Bought a Jetspeed girdle from Pure Hockey to give it a try but quickly returned them. The new adjustment system makes the thigh pads wrapping around my legs in a weird way. No matter how I adjust them I just couldn't get the same fit I got in the Tacks. The weight difference between these two wasn't very noticable IMO.

#3 griswald88

griswald88

Posted 14 August 2020 - 07:33 PM

Wow, great to know! Thanks!

#4 Scdp99

Scdp99

Posted 14 August 2020 - 10:20 PM

I love mine. Luke it way better than the tacks one. Better hip wrap. Leg wrap is fine for me

#5 griswald88

griswald88

Posted 14 August 2020 - 10:38 PM

I love mine. Luke it way better than the tacks one. Better hip wrap. Leg wrap is fine for me

Interesting, how do you like the protection? How’s the hip pointer area; that always seems to be an impact area that could use a bit more.

#6 Scdp99

Scdp99

Posted 14 August 2020 - 10:56 PM

Amazing. It is just like a 9k girdle

#7 griswald88

griswald88

Posted 14 August 2020 - 10:59 PM

Amazing. It is just like a 9k girdle

Haha I have that girdle as well, anything better about the jetspeed?

#8 Scdp99

Scdp99

Posted 14 August 2020 - 11:10 PM

Way lighter than a 9k

#9 Awkoshi

Awkoshi

Posted 15 August 2020 - 03:09 AM

Man, it's been a minute since I posted. I recently went from the Tacks to the Jetspeed, here are some bullet points after five to 10 skates: 

• The weight is noticeably different. I don't have the numbers but the Jetspeed is remarkably lighter. 
  • The thigh pads have a diagonal wrap, which as BesToss suggested is a weird adjustment. Try on if you can, but I don't find it bad enough to switch back. 
  • The Jetspeed has two straps that adjust for height, one of which is on the outer side of each thigh. I'm not a giant fan of the outer strap because I think it restricts movement, but I'm hoping it "softens" and wears as I skate with it more. 
  • I found the stomach/waist strap of the Jetspeed to be much more comfortable than the Tacks
  • As a side note, the spine guard on the Jetspeed is more integrated with the rest of the hip/ waist padding, while the spine on the Tacks flares out. Not necessarily a good or bad thing, just an observation. 

#10 ntwusc

ntwusc
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 23 August 2020 - 03:02 PM

I wore a medium Super Tacks girdle and just picked up a large Jetspeed girdle. I like the new back leg adjustment strap compared to the Super Tacks' configuration, and the elastic JS front velcro closure is improved due over the ST's as stated above.

It's hard to compare weight between different sizes, but my large JS girdle is about 1/4 lb. heavier than my medium ST girdle FWIW.

#11 Hills

Hills
  • LocationNiagara Ontario

Posted 23 August 2020 - 10:57 PM

Interesting, how do you like the protection? How’s the hip pointer area; that always seems to be an impact area that could use a bit more.

Compared to the 9K the Jetspeed girdle is a joke for protection. A bunch of spots are lacking poly inserts and a most of the foam is noticeably thinner on the Jetspeed.

#12 Scdp99

Scdp99

Posted 23 August 2020 - 11:21 PM

Compared to the 9K the Jetspeed girdle is a joke for protection. A bunch of spots are lacking poly inserts and a most of the foam is noticeably thinner on the Jetspeed.

This is true but is more than enough for beer league

#13 griswald88

griswald88

Posted 22 October 2020 - 09:18 PM

Anyone else with experience with ST vs JS?