Photo

Whitening Logo on Pants/Gloves

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tyson_two

tyson_two

Posted 01 September 2020 - 08:23 AM

Anybody have experience with removing or restoring logo back to white.  Saw these pants on Sideline Swap, but the Bauer logo was "redded out".  Is this salvageable?

Tried looking online, looks like some people suggest using acetone, or rubbing alcohol. A lot of other resources talk about removing sharpie from jerseys (but i think this would be different).  I was also thinking about white sharpie on top of it (but thats basically like painting it).  I'm not sure it sharpied, but that what i would assume, they went over the logo with a red marker.

Here are the pants I'm referring to.

Thanks in advance for looking.

https://sidelineswap...ck-medium-pants

#2 Robbieaik

Robbieaik

Posted 01 September 2020 - 10:24 AM

You can for sure restore them. I have done that a few times on some blacked out logos on both pants and gloves.

Depends on what they used, and you should try step by step.
Warm water with a sponge/scotch brite works in many cases. Add soap or washing powder if just water isn’t enough.

There’s something called ”Painter’s wipes” which dissolves paint and different stains/oils that might do the trick.

Magic Sponge - a stain remover that might work too - some goalies use those to clean up the puck marks.
Goalies also use the ”puck out” spray cleaner.

Acetone and red spirit/thinner is hardcore and will remove permanent markers/spray paint - easier to damage the fabrique though.

It might not take out all the colour, but most likely 90ish percent.
If that’s the case, you could go with a white marker yourself to make it whiter as a final touch.

Good luck.

#3 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 01 September 2020 - 02:41 PM

I would start with rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball and if needed move on to acetone. Should take most of it out. 

#4 Chow_hound

Chow_hound

Posted 01 September 2020 - 06:21 PM

If anyone hasn’t tried this yet, get a product called “Amodex”. It was designed specifically to remove ink among many other things. I have used it to remove sharpie signatures from clothing and terrible set in stains from old items.

It should be on Amazon, and the stuff seriously does work.

#5 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 01 September 2020 - 07:10 PM

I did this a year ago after trying the usual Oxy soaks. Bleach to remove stains and whiten the stitching and hydrogen peroxide to reduce the negative impact of bleach on fabric

http://www.sports2k....-gear/?p=358984

#6 tyson_two

tyson_two

Posted 05 September 2020 - 10:56 PM

I did this a year ago after trying the usual Oxy soaks. Bleach to remove stains and whiten the stitching and hydrogen peroxide to reduce the negative impact of bleach on fabric

http://www.sports2k....-gear/?p=358984

Those results are amazing. Are you saying that bleach does not affect the shell? Or I would still want to be careful with that. Lol

#7 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 06 September 2020 - 12:33 AM

Those results are amazing. Are you saying that bleach does not affect the shell? Or I would still want to be careful with that. Lol

Thanks. I mean, I was being careful using a q-tip, but I don’t think bleach affects the plastic/nylon of a shell

#8 Buzz_LightBeer

Buzz_LightBeer

Posted 06 September 2020 - 09:25 AM

Thanks. I mean, I was being careful using a q-tip, but I don’t think bleach affects the plastic/nylon of a shell

Don’t forget to check inside the leg, they may be removable

Good Idea; Whistling while you work.

Bad Idea; Whistling while you eat.