Photo

Pro Pants Question

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 ARoth

ARoth

Posted 20 September 2020 - 03:17 PM

Hey guys, what are most people running for pants these days?

I have Hustlers in L, but they are too bulky for me.  I'm 6'3 195 and they are still bulky.

I'm looking to get something that is more streamlined - so any thoughts on what pants to look into?

Also, any opinions on a M + 1, or would they be too small?

Thanks ahead of time, I know the boards arent as active as they used to be!

#2 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 20 September 2020 - 05:40 PM

if streamlined is what you're looking for, consider going girdle. I went girdle about 4 years ago and I'm never going back.

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#3 Moose

Moose

Posted 20 September 2020 - 06:50 PM

Bauer nexus/one 95 line. Slimmer fitting for sure

#4 ARoth

ARoth

Posted 20 September 2020 - 08:07 PM

if streamlined is what you're looking for, consider going girdle. I went girdle about 4 years ago and I'm never going back.

Do you feel you have more mobility?

#5 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 21 September 2020 - 12:25 AM

CCM HP45, they’re light and slim and you can get the HP45X model if you’d like some extra padding inside 

#6 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 21 September 2020 - 05:42 AM

Im 6'2'' and 200lbs and I can fit in large, but medium is better.

Have you tried the Covert pants? The fit is better. (for me at least)

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#7 ARoth

ARoth

Posted 21 September 2020 - 10:20 AM

No I haven't... Are they lighter / more streamlined as well? Or is more that they fit better?

#8 findursol

findursol
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 21 September 2020 - 11:13 AM

No I haven't... Are they lighter / more streamlined as well? Or is more that they fit better?

Recent covert line pants are my favorite & it's not even close. They're fairly light, the waist/hip fit is super low volume/close & the leg/thigh fit is pretty wide/'free' but amply padded & contoured. I wear a M+1", I'm 6' and around a 30/32 waist in pants. Short legs. If you haven't tried them I echo that suggestion. 

#9 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 21 September 2020 - 01:31 PM

Do you feel you have more mobility?

the pads are up against my body so yeah, I feel like I have maximum mobility.

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#10 nhlfan79

nhlfan79
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 21 September 2020 - 03:06 PM

I'll third the vote for Covert pants.  Snug on the hips, but plenty of mobility and room in the thighs, with tons of protection throughout.  Much less noticeable bulk than Hustlers, or any other model or brand I've worn before. 

#11 ARoth

ARoth

Posted 22 September 2020 - 11:49 AM

Recent covert line pants are my favorite & it's not even close. They're fairly light, the waist/hip fit is super low volume/close & the leg/thigh fit is pretty wide/'free' but amply padded & contoured. I wear a M+1", I'm 6' and around a 30/32 waist in pants. Short legs. If you haven't tried them I echo that suggestion. 

I'll third the vote for Covert pants.  Snug on the hips, but plenty of mobility and room in the thighs, with tons of protection throughout.  Much less noticeable bulk than Hustlers, or any other model or brand I've worn before. 

I think you guys convinced me - but findursol's sizing doesnt seem to line up with Dupes, haha.

Based on how my Hustlers in L fit, I want to try a M+1, but I think I'm a lot bigger than findursol at 6'3 / 195 (and if anything my legs are longer than average, not shorter).

Any insight from the group?

#12 ARoth

ARoth

Posted 22 September 2020 - 11:51 AM

the pads are up against my body so yeah, I feel like I have maximum mobility.

Thanks - I think i'll pick up both Coverts and a girdle and try them both.  I read in another thread people seem to like the new Jetstream?  Any other go-to girdles to check out?

#13 findursol

findursol
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 22 September 2020 - 11:58 AM

Thanks - I think i'll pick up both Coverts and a girdle and try them both.  I read in another thread people seem to like the new Jetstream?  Any other go-to girdles to check out?

I'm pretty sure it's the MX3 that everybody swears by, pretty old model now. If not MX3 it's another Supreme model, I can't stand girdles but somebody else could tell you for sure.

I think you guys convinced me - but findursol's sizing doesnt seem to line up with Dupes, haha.

Based on how my Hustlers in L fit, I want to try a M+1, but I think I'm a lot bigger than findursol at 6'3 / 195 (and if anything my legs are longer than average, not shorter).

Any insight from the group?

If you'd like, I'd be happy to DM you photos to help w/ your fit. Also worth mentioning, this is the Warrior pant sizing guide from PSH. I'm at the very smallest end of M+1, I like the extra length for comfort & knee coverage tbh.

#14 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 22 September 2020 - 12:46 PM

If you want a girdle that is closest to pants but snugger without all of the velcros grab a QRE Pro. I just made the switch and couldn't be happier

#15 nhlfan79

nhlfan79
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 23 September 2020 - 02:08 PM

Pre-pandemic, I had a 38/40 waist and could get by wearing large Coverts very loosely laced.  I even have a couple of XL Coverts that had fit well.  Now, I've dropped a bunch of weight and have a 33-34 waist and the size large pants are almost too loose, even when cinched as tightly as they allow.  The XLs are realistically far too big for me now, though I hate to part with them (Heritage Sharks and current Oilers).  If anyone wants to trade me large Covert versions of those two colorways, hit me up!

Oh, as for length, I'm 5'9", and wear the standard length, which is about an inch shorter than Hustlers.  Coverts are the perfect length for me, just above the kneecap on my shin guard.

#16 DropGloveMurphy

DropGloveMurphy
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 September 2020 - 05:16 PM

Pre-pandemic, I had a 38/40 waist and could get by wearing large Coverts very loosely laced.  I even have a couple of XL Coverts that had fit well.  Now, I've dropped a bunch of weight and have a 33-34 waist and the size large pants are almost too loose, even when cinched as tightly as they allow.  The XLs are realistically far too big for me now, though I hate to part with them (Heritage Sharks and current Oilers).  If anyone wants to trade me large Covert versions of those two colorways, hit me up!

Oh, as for length, I'm 5'9", and wear the standard length, which is about an inch shorter than Hustlers.  Coverts are the perfect length for me, just above the kneecap on my shin guard.

Is there a particular model of the Covert line you're talking about and how did the L and XL compare in length? It sounds like I'm the same size as you were pre-pandemic and I'm looking for pants but worried about where they'll fall on my legs. I've lost about 10lbs and am still working on losing more so I think the L may work, but want to be sure before pulling the trigger. I'm a 29.5" inseam. Thanks!

#17 nhlfan79

nhlfan79
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 23 September 2020 - 08:39 PM

I've found that all Covert models fit essentially the same, with the exception that any MIC Coverts you might luck upon fit a bit bigger (10% maybe) than the overseas versions.

#18 ARoth

ARoth

Posted 23 September 2020 - 11:41 PM

This helps, thanks.  I'm going to go with a Medium for sure.  I'm a true 34" waist, 35" when I'm chunky....aka not what jeans measure, but a real measurement of my waist.  I'm convinced a L would be too big, sort of like my Hustlers.  Sure they "fit", but they are too big. 

I hope a +1 is long enough.