Photo

Looking for some skate/profiling help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 02 October 2020 - 07:37 PM

I’ve been in my Bauer customs for a long time now, 3 years or so I believe. I’m running Step Black with Pro Sharp Quad 2 profile at 3/4. The past two skates I’ve had quite a bit of pain in my left knee (lateral meniscus tear/repair 10 years ago) and I’m thinking it’s the new profile. I had a similar issue after running a quad zero profile in the same skates. I went back to stock steel no profile and it went away. I have heel lifts in them as well and it makes me think the forward pitch between the profile AND the heel lifts is an issue, or perhaps boot stiffness. I’m a left shot and favor my left outside edge considerably. I have no pain on my right side. Anyone else have any ideas? I haven’t skated in a while now since Covid but if it was an issue with that I’d have issues on both sides I’d think.

#2 cthockey

cthockey

Posted 14 October 2020 - 05:59 AM

How many skates have you had on the Quad profile? I know when I first went from a 9' radius to the quad 0 different muscles in my legs hurt the first couple skates. Wasn't like I was skating any harder then normal  but that new profile made my legs use the muscles or different parts of the muscle ever so slightly different then it was use to for the past 30+ years. 

#3 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 14 October 2020 - 09:32 AM

How many skates have you had on the Quad profile? I know when I first went from a 9' radius to the quad 0 different muscles in my legs hurt the first couple skates. Wasn't like I was skating any harder then normal but that new profile made my legs use the muscles or different parts of the muscle ever so slightly different then it was use to for the past 30+ years.

10 plus games in quad 0 with heel lifts, left pitter knee pain went away as soon as I went back to stock steel.

2 skates in quad 2, second time wasn’t so bad AFTER.

0 skates in quad 2 without the lifts that I just had pulled out. I did swap in superfeet yellow instead though.