Photo

USPS likes to lose international packages

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 05:35 AM

The USPS likes to lose international packages. I have a few packages from Canada that stopped getting shipping updated. They left New York and vanished. Has anyone else have this happen to them before? How did they fix it? Was the package lost for good?

#2 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 06 January 2021 - 06:07 AM

It just took close to a month for 2 sticks to reach Vancouver and just arrived. I mailed them from MA Dec 10th. I received his 2 sticks 2 weeks ago that were shipped on the same day

#3 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 07:23 AM

It just took close to a month for 2 sticks to reach Vancouver and just arrived. I mailed them from MA Dec 10th. I received his 2 sticks 2 weeks ago that were shipped on the same day

Last update I have is In-Transit

December 30, 2020 at 7:46 pm

Processed Through Facility

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

#4 Maligator175

Maligator175
  • LocationChicago

Posted 06 January 2021 - 07:44 AM

I have this too for some jersey crests that came from Peru. Made it to Chicago (two towns over to be exact) and have vanished in transit. Been this way since December 28th.

#5 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 06 January 2021 - 08:42 AM

My sticks reached Canada then there was no updates for over 2 weeks. Sticks arrived on Monday with no notification but atleast got there.

#6 edo

edo

Posted 06 January 2021 - 08:54 AM

I've had packages not update for over 25 days, and then show up. Shipping delays right now are wild. Most recently i ordered my daughter a barbie dreamhouse for christmas and they marked it lost, 28 days later it showed up, no update until it was delivered on the tracking.

#7 WheelSnipe

WheelSnipe

Posted 06 January 2021 - 09:20 AM

Last update I have is In-Transit

December 30, 2020 at 7:46 pm

Processed Through Facility

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

Lol, it's only been stuck a week? Customs could take 2 weeks pre-COVID/holiday times. I've had packages not update for 3 months, and still arrive. Just be patient.

#8 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 09:25 AM

Lol, it's only been stuck a week? Customs could take 2 weeks pre-COVID/holiday times. I've had packages not update for 3 months, and still arrive. Just be patient.

It says it processed through facility though.  

#9 nicnok

nicnok
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 06 January 2021 - 09:28 AM

Yup, same as the previous posts. Several packages that just stopped being updated, then randomly show up a couple weeks later. 

#10 JBarrera

JBarrera
  • LocationWindsor, ON

Posted 06 January 2021 - 09:32 AM

Practically what happened with the helmet you sent me Nic. I saw no updates after 2 weeks. Then just before new years, it was delivered.

#11 nicnok

nicnok
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 06 January 2021 - 11:20 AM

Ugh. Sucks that the 50 or so miles between Ann Arbor and Windsor include the Detroit Disposition Center. That place seems to be the black hole of packages.

Good(?) news is that I have eventually gotten every delayed package, even after I gave up on reporting them missing.

#12 Buzz_LightBeer

Buzz_LightBeer

Posted 06 January 2021 - 07:46 PM

Is there a difference between "LA" and "CH" tracking numbers from Canada Post?

I had 3 packages from SLS in Limbo,

"LA1583" Skate mat from London, shipped Dec 9 through O'Hare, not sure it exists

"LA1584" Stick from Laval, shipped Dec 13, through JFK, not sure it exists

"CH0085" Stick from Mississauga, shipped Dec 29, through O'Hare, arrived today

Who knows

Good Idea; Whistling while you work.

Bad Idea; Whistling while you eat.

#13 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 06 January 2021 - 08:49 PM

Yep. I have two packages that have been in ‘cleared customs’ status for 4-6 weeks. One going to Vancouver, the other to Toronto. I’ve had packages shipped and received in England without issue. And of course, this always seems to happen with SLS, not when I ship something out myself

#14 Chow_hound

Chow_hound

Posted 06 January 2021 - 10:36 PM

Is there a difference between "LA" and "CH" tracking numbers from Canada Post?
I had 3 packages from SLS in Limbo,

"LA1583" Skate mat from London, shipped Dec 9 through O'Hare, not sure it exists

"LA1584" Stick from Laval, shipped Dec 13, through JFK, not sure it exists

"CH0085" Stick from Mississauga, shipped Dec 29, through O'Hare, arrived today

Who knows

Pretty sure LA is light packet and CH is for 2kg+ packages. They are a different service but both should have same delivery standards.

#15 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 06:23 PM

My package from Russia got here a lot faster.

#16 zmgreen88

zmgreen88
  • LocationAnchorage, Alaska

Posted 08 January 2021 - 05:55 PM

Going in and out of canada on Ebay and imspamming I have seen anywhere from 2 weeks to a month and a half lately. They never have had something completely disappear, but I have seen it go missing long term and just have that same status update.

#17 bluhmd

bluhmd
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 08 January 2021 - 10:29 PM

The biggest issues with USPS right now is they got decimated by Covid. The amount of workers off is like a revolving door and they can't seem to recoup. I'm literally getting regular mail delivered to my house 2 to 3 times a day, at various times, because they are so disoriented by all of this.

#18 number_22

number_22

Posted 23 January 2021 - 10:38 AM

The USPS likes to lose international packages. I have a few packages from Canada that stopped getting shipping updated. They left New York and vanished. Has anyone else have this happen to them before? How did they fix it? Was the package lost for good?

Exactly the same here, left New York and then no more updates... 

#19 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 23 January 2021 - 03:09 PM

I've lost two packages from Canada, both first class mail. It may be worth it to pay extra to upgrade to priority mail. Three packages from Russia were also lost, they were small so I'm assuming economy shipping as well. 

I did receive a package from Sweden in just under a month and a package from Poland in a week. It's really unpredictable. 

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#20 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 23 January 2021 - 09:55 PM

if you have an international package that "disappears" try using the tracking number from USPS on the destination country's postal website. I've had good luck with Germany and Canada so far doing this.