Photo

Pro stock question for European members

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 booyaagrandma

booyaagrandma
  • LocationThe North of Ireland

Posted 14 January 2021 - 08:32 PM

Is there a market for pro stock gloves here in Europe ?

I have a few pairs to sell as I'm not likely to be playing again.

Any tips where to advertise them for sale in Europe ?

Gloves can be seen in my gallery under 'Gloves for sale'.

#2 gosinger

gosinger
  • LocationAustria

Posted 16 January 2021 - 04:34 AM

If there is I haven't seen any. There is a few sports collectors sites for memorabilia, but no established community for hockey to the best of my knowledge.

I'm frequently searching here for "Europe" etc to find the few items that wind up for sale on here :)

#3 thom

thom

Posted 16 January 2021 - 04:46 AM

Unfortunately no european S2K or SLS.
I have been selling some pro stuff thru Vinted.

#4 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 16 January 2021 - 08:27 AM

I tend to watch the free classifieds in the nearby countries:
eBay Kleinanzeigen in Germany has turned up a few gems. There’s a bit of German and NHL pro stock there.

Others I’ve checked but never made purchases through are tori.fi, blocket.se, dba.dk, ricardo.ch. Google Translate has been perfect for my lack of German skills. I’d bet my translated text sounds funny, but no one ever asks to switch to English.

#5 Maikel1983

Maikel1983
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 January 2021 - 10:59 AM

Hey there, I am from Germany and there is Not really a market. Let’s say they pop up and that’s it. The DEL teams have regular gloves you can buy at any store.
Sometimes the sell the equipment a Canadian or American Player bring over until he gets his team equipment. Sometimes the print names or numbers on it.
I have ask quite some time ago who is a S2K from Europe to create a bit of a European community.
Not much response...

#6 booyaagrandma

booyaagrandma

Posted 17 January 2021 - 11:10 AM

Hey there, I am from Germany and there is Not really a market. Let’s say they pop up and that’s it. The DEL teams have regular gloves you can buy at any store.
Sometimes the sell the equipment a Canadian or American Player bring over until he gets his team equipment. Sometimes the print names or numbers on it.
I have ask quite some time ago who is a S2K from Europe to create a bit of a European community.
Not much response...

Thanks for the info.

I might pop up a few pairs of gloves I brought back from LA when I moved home.

I just put up some Avalanche jerseys too.

#7 booyaagrandma

booyaagrandma

Posted 17 January 2021 - 11:10 AM

I tend to watch the free classifieds in the nearby countries:
eBay Kleinanzeigen in Germany has turned up a few gems. There’s a bit of German and NHL pro stock there.

Others I’ve checked but never made purchases through are tori.fi, blocket.se, dba.dk, ricardo.ch. Google Translate has been perfect for my lack of German skills. I’d bet my translated text sounds funny, but no one ever asks to switch to English.

Thanks for the reply.

#8 booyaagrandma

booyaagrandma

Posted 17 January 2021 - 11:11 AM

Unfortunately no european S2K or SLS.
I have been selling some pro stuff thru Vinted.

I might try that,thanks.

#9 booyaagrandma

booyaagrandma

Posted 17 January 2021 - 11:12 AM

If there is I haven't seen any. There is a few sports collectors sites for memorabilia, but no established community for hockey to the best of my knowledge.

I'm frequently searching here for "Europe" etc to find the few items that wind up for sale on here :)

Bummer,I thought there might be something here in Europe but it's not looking like it at all.

#10 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 17 January 2021 - 02:10 PM

Bummer,I thought there might be something here in Europe but it's not looking like it at all.

I've been surprised how much pro stock gear I've seen on beer leaguers here. The demand is there, though it can definitely be described as limited. It might take some more annoying leg work, but I think you could get some stuff sold.

I've seen some interesting DEL gloves on eBay Kleinanzeigen, including some grey and blue AK27s made for Stefan Ustorf, with his last name printed on the cuff. There are a few pairs of team logo thumb gloves there too. Especially due to Covid, I don't think they're moving as much this year.

#11 gosinger

gosinger
  • LocationAustria

Posted 17 January 2021 - 02:50 PM

Wrt gloves, most pro-teams just get a more or less retail variant with custom embroidery (Team name, thumb badge), but you'll be hard pressed to find players with actual custom gloves (unless they still use old ones from overseas). Most local teams won't have official sales (my local team did, but just because they needed cash badly), but the EQMs will sell you plenty of used stuff for cheap. Plus players tend to sell quite a bit of gear after the season is over. And some major vendors (like HPS in Germany) started selling pro-returns of used gloves and goalie equipment as-well as over-stock "player-model" "pro-return" sticks.

So lots of beer-league players here have used pro-stock (especially sticks and skates!), but there isn't too much custom / interesting stuff out there. And I don't know if there would be sufficient demand for a private sellers market of custom items, since most players over here use whatever they can make work because its cheaper than retail.

#12 Maikel1983

Maikel1983
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 January 2021 - 04:34 AM

On eBay Kleinanzeigen is sometimes some pro stock Hockey stuff to get for a decent price.
I am close to a DEL team and a good Friend of the Equipment Guy and i get mostly sticks and skates.
They are equipt with Bauer, what is great. Sticks for 50-75€ used and New 100€. Skates are around 150-200€.
The pants and Gloves are in Green, so its not my favorite color for my pro Stock Hockey stuff.
I am the only one i know who is using Pro Stock Equipment in practice pro in my league games.
Nobody cares in my teams what they wear or what i wear.
Its sad but its different Herr in Europe.
Ist was beautiful when i was living in canada, Lots of pro stock gear and guys around.