Photo

Question on Pro Stock and Retail Pants

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 n0s0up4u57

n0s0up4u57

Posted 24 March 2021 - 10:09 AM

I have a pair of CCM HP45X pants, that feel a little too heavy and bulky for me. I went to pure hockey to try on some retail pants and really liked the more tapered pants of the Bauer Vapor and CCM Jetspeed, but also liked the AS1's. 

Are any pro stock pants similar to those models that are extremely tapered (besides a girdle)? I would prefer pro stock do to the price tag, rather not have to spend 200$ for a pair of pants. 

#2 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 24 March 2021 - 10:13 AM

Find a pair of Pro Stock CCM Crazy Lights or RBZs

#3 BesToss

BesToss
  • LocationJersey City, NJ

Posted 24 March 2021 - 11:36 AM

I have a pair of pro stock AS1's and they're very snug around the waist and roomy around the legs. Pro stock vapor pants fit identical to its retail version. However both models are pretty hard to find.

#4 ntwusc

ntwusc
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 24 March 2021 - 06:14 PM

Why not just get a pair of HP45’s or UCLP instead of the HP45X? Those won’t have the bulky plastic inserts like the HP45X or UCLX do.

#5 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 25 March 2021 - 05:12 AM

Why not just get a pair of HP45’s or UCLP instead of the HP45X? Those won’t have the bulky plastic inserts like the HP45X or UCLX do.

Excatly, pro stock pants that feels like a retail pants but with better padding...

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#6 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 27 March 2021 - 06:08 AM

HP45x aren’t even that bulky lol but ya I’d go try UCLP or HP45 like ntwusc suggested. If you’re just playing pick up then retail is fine but you barley get any ass/spine protection in those imo

#7 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 27 March 2021 - 02:15 PM

The plastic pieces on the HP45X leg boards are easily removable. Slip them out of their pockets, use a hair dryer to lightly heat up the glue, then slowly peel off the white plastic pieces from the gray U-foam. The U-foam boards underneath are the exact same as the regular UCLP/HP45. The hips/uppers will remain a little bit more protective (which is a good thing) but the legs will be identical to the UCLP/HP45.

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer.