Photo

Marsblade questions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 April 2021 - 07:57 PM

So looking to buy some roller skates cause Toronto is on lockdown again and summer is coming so no more sneaking out to hidden ODR's. 

Had a couple questions. 

Do Marsblade boots fit like Bauer for sizing. I use a Bauer Vapor skate for ice. Is it safe to say I'd be the same size in a mars blade boot?

Also for those that have used both chassis's have they found that one is clearly better? I'm fine getting either as money isn't an issue cause it's only a $200 cad difference but just wanting to make the right choice. From my research I've read that the O1 is closer on ice than the R1. 

Any input would be great. Thanks in advance. 

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#2 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 22 April 2021 - 08:07 PM

I have both, each mounted on 70K boots. The O1 is made of plastic and feels most like ice with the easiest roller -> ice transition. The R1 is made of aluminum and built for competitive roller hockey, but doesn't have the same amount of rocker as the O1. The Alkali boots I tried a few years back fit about 1/2 size smaller than Bauer/current CCM. I wear size 7 CCM 70K's and the Alkali 7.5 fit best. However, I haven't tried their newest Marsblade boot offering so I'm not sure if they adjusted the sizing or not. 

If you're looking to train off the ice, skate on the trails, and simulate ice, go with the O1. If you're looking to play roller hockey games with pucks & sticks hitting the boots & chassis, go with the R1. The R1 does take a learning curve compared to ice, but feel better than flat chassis IMO.

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#3 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 22 April 2021 - 09:46 PM

O1 is definitely closer to ice. The R1 didn't really feel exactly like ice, more like a better version of the standard roller chassis.

The Marsblade boots are Alkali Revels, which fit close to Bauer Supreme. They're a bit more comfortable than Bauers imo.

Regarding the half size down, that was the old Alkali, the CA and RPD skates. Alkali was recently purchased by Tron Hockey and the Revel is the first skate that was released since then. I found them to fit the same as Bauer in length. I wear a 9 in Supreme and wore a 9 Alkali Revel 1.

The Revel 2 that comes with O1s is not great if you're planning to use them a lot and you're used to Bauer stiffness. You're better off having the chassis mounted to a Vapor boot. You will get the most out of that.

#4 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 23 April 2021 - 09:19 PM

cool thanks for the input guys.

if anyone has any other input it would be great as well, i'm sure many other on the forum may have questions as well. 

I'm deciding between buying a normal bauer boot and getting the holders attached. 

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#5 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 23 April 2021 - 09:38 PM

Good information about the newer Alkalis. I'd still recommend getting Bauer boots mounted with Marsblades. I much prefer having a boot I'm used to and know will fit. I'd be happy to mount them for you, so text me any time and I'll be on the lookout for the boots you told me about. 

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer.