Photo

WTB 9K girdle in medium

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 29 July 2021 - 04:15 PM

Throwing this out there as I’d like to try a girdle and the old 9K’s still seem to be the best game in town. Bummed I missed out on them when PSH had a bunch last year, but am hoping someone has a lead on a pair of mediums that I could try.

Thanks!
M

#2 x-axis

x-axis
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 July 2021 - 04:27 PM

Throwing this out there as I’d like to try a girdle and the old 9K’s still seem to be the best game in town. Bummed I missed out on them when PSH had a bunch last year, but am hoping someone has a lead on a pair of mediums that I could try.

Thanks!
M

If you've never used one before I'd try the new Bauer retail girdle, the acp pro as your first girdle or even the jetspeed. The 9k is really too bulky and clunky. I don't think it's worth it. I have tried all of them btw.

Old Buyer/Seller Feedback-http://www.sports2k....axis/?hl=x-axis

Want to buy:

Small Shells

Large Edge Practice Socks White with navy stripe 

Large Edge Practice Socks Burgundy with white stripe 

#3 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 29 July 2021 - 04:32 PM

Yeah 9k is very heavy duty, unless you're playing beer league with retired pros you probably don't need it

#4 x-axis

x-axis
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 July 2021 - 05:03 PM

Totally, Miller. It would literally be the last girdle on my list from all the ones I've ever used.

Old Buyer/Seller Feedback-http://www.sports2k....axis/?hl=x-axis

Want to buy:

Small Shells

Large Edge Practice Socks White with navy stripe 

Large Edge Practice Socks Burgundy with white stripe 

#5 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 29 July 2021 - 05:36 PM

Thought reviews were not kind to the jetspeed girdle compared to the 9K? I was looking at the 7092, but can’t find any adult sizes (only juniors).

I hadn’t read anything about the Bauer so I’ll do some research on it, and will also try to find a gently used one. Wasn’t looking to spend $200 for something I may not like

#6 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 29 July 2021 - 06:03 PM

+1 to the Jetspeed or Super Tacks. Same fit and functionality as the 9k, but much lighter and more comfortable IMO. I see both models pop up on eBay and SLS occasionally for sub-$100. Despite the lack of side loops, 9k shells fit very well on them. 

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#7 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 29 July 2021 - 08:57 PM

Totally, Miller. It would literally be the last girdle on my list from all the ones I've ever used.

For it's time it was amazing, and for protection it's the best, but for one weekly drop in at 10pm it's not necessary and also way too hot.

I can't speak to Jetspeed girdle, but super tacks looks pretty nice, as does the Bauer retail mentioned above. I didn't try either as I'm not at all in the market for a girdle, but from seeing them in the shop they look decent.

#8 Scdp99

Scdp99

Posted 29 July 2021 - 10:50 PM

I have both the acp and jetspeed. Both are great and I would definitely recommend over the 9k. I would say the jetspeed is better for mobility and the acp is better for protection depending on what you want

#9 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 04 August 2021 - 11:23 AM

Okay guys, following up with this post, I picked up a pair of Super Tacks (Thanks @ntwusc!) to try out. And while I know this always boils down to personal preference, I was wondering how you girdle wearers put your gear on?

I typically do jock/garter --> shins --> socks --> pants --> skates.

Originally I thought a wraparound girdle would allow me to put on skates first then shins, and finally the girdle, which I think is doable, but then getting the shell on over skates is a PITA so it seems like my order of putting gear on would essentially stay the same. Follow up question would be do you leave your shell on the girdle and basically undo the thigh wraps and slide them on/off like traditional pants?

#10 Gswift

Gswift

Posted 04 August 2021 - 04:43 PM

I have the 9K & Bauer TO & MX3, basically I put on my compression jock -> girdle, waist still loose (shell always left on) then I hike up the legs of the shell & un-velcro the thigh pads and push them to the side, then I put on my shins -> socks -> skates, redo my thigh pads tighten the waist and I'm good to go. It may seem strange but it works for me..

#11 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 04 August 2021 - 05:26 PM

I usually do jock-skate socks-skates-shins-socks-girdle-shell. For me the shell goes over the skates ok, I just scrunch the legs of the shell up and put the skate through. I have ripped a shell here and there before, but very rare and since I figured out how to do it properly never cut one

#12 bluhmd

bluhmd
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 05 August 2021 - 06:00 AM

I'm in a super tacks as well. I just cut the mesh diaper out of the girdle and use it as a wrap around. Tailbone pad sits just fine with the shell on. Then, socks, skates, shins, girdle, and shell. I've had zero issues.

#13 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 07 August 2021 - 02:22 PM

Played my first game in a girdle yesterday. I think I'm going to cut out the mesh diaper and use the girdle as more of a wrap around. Not exactly sure what that thin mesh liner actually does anyway. 

Initial thoughts... felt no different than pants. I don't have any issues with my HP45 and really like them so this isn't a bad thing. At least with last night's game I didn't have any issues with protection and mobility felt basically the same. Only thing I kept noticing was my shell (PP10) would ride up and expose the lower thigh guards anytime I was sitting on the bench. I'm pretty sure the shells fell back down and covered the pads when I was actually playing, but since I was playing I wasn't really paying attention. 

I plan on playing in the girdle for the last few games of the season before I make a final decision. Might just bounce back and forth between this and pants depending on what colors I'm wearing. I did feel less bulky wearing a simple shell over a girdle compared to a shell over pants