• LocationUSA

Posted 17 August 2021 - 11:42 AM

https://www.sportico...ved-1234637203/

#threadcloser

#2 bluhmd

bluhmd
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 August 2021 - 09:06 PM

As someone who is a big fan of Euro and Russian jerseys, I just don't like it. It's weird, because I like them on the practice jerseys. It'll probably grow on me, but I like the jerseys being just jerseys like they are now.

#3 markov94

markov94
  • LocationSarnia Ont,...then Lakeland FLA....then back to Sarnia

Posted 18 August 2021 - 08:44 AM

Well, whore it all out. Goalie gear, coaches jacket..

#4 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 19 August 2021 - 06:34 PM

Call me an old curmudgeon, but I hate it.  I'm so sick of advertising in my day-to-day life as it is.  I already can't stand the digital ad overlays on the ice at the top of the offensive zone, and on the glass.  The pop-out commercials they throw in while play is dead and they're moving to the faceoff dot are annoying too.  I have attention issues at it is, and that stuff starts to get super distracting.  It just gets to the point where you feel like you're being bullied with advertisements. 

Not to mention, the helmet ads this year were aesthetically TERRIBLE.  I'm not even interested in stickered pro stock helmets anymore.  The Bruins wearing black and gold and having a GREEN TD Bank logo on their helmet was pure garbage in my opinion.  Leave the helmet logos alone and put the stupid ad on the back of the helmet or something...

I sincerely hope this is the last of it, but I doubt it.  Eventually it'll be like the Euro leagues and NASCAR. 

Excuse me while I go drink my Ensure and soak my feet in epsom salt.  I gotta get up at 4AM for my egg sandwich and coffee at McDonald's.  (This post has been sponsored by McDonald's.  Bada-bah-bah-BAH)

#5 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 19 August 2021 - 06:48 PM

Bahaha

Agree, life is getting heavy with the ad bombardment. I understand that it helps with the financial issues caused by covid, but I agree, I think it's all just a pretense to make more money. I get it, owners are in it for the money and teams don't last if they don't make money, but it does still get tiring.

#6 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 19 August 2021 - 07:32 PM

Funny you say that Kevin I was just saying the same thing watching the Patriots game. Everything has a sponsor, nothing can be called by just what it is