Photo

SLS Shipping BS

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#21 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 17 March 2022 - 10:30 PM

Yeah SLS is a joke. In the last few weeks I have successfully taken every sale and purchase off of their platform and just gone via text and Venmo/PayPal.

#22 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 18 March 2022 - 02:12 PM

These morons let a buyer back out of a sale after I had shipped.  Literally told the buyer to refuse the FedEx package and ask for it to be returned to sender.  WTF?  So I took time out of my day to drive the package to a FedEx location and they let the buyer just nope out of the deal?  Where is the seller protection???  They are brokering deals between people and they can't even execute a good-faith transaction.

That is terrible. If they're going to let the buyer do whatever they want, what is preventing anyone from taking the item out of the box, filling it up with dirt, taping it back up, and returning it to sender? Their "help center" employees don't even read emails and just reply with generic, canned responses. They took over a week to fix the problems my account was having. 

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#23 Moose

Moose

Posted 19 March 2022 - 07:46 AM

I’ve been lucky and have found my 5 or 6 buyers either on here or on Facebook and we both saved money.

#24 blazer88

blazer88
  • Locationlong island n.y

Posted 20 March 2022 - 08:30 PM

I hate that they give buyer's 72 hr's to appove item. Most people are Ok , but what's stopping some jerk's to go use item & then decide they don't want it & reject it. 72 hr's is too long.

#25 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 20 March 2022 - 09:33 PM

SLS offers absolutely ZERO seller protection. From lost items because they don’t insure packages for their sold value to allowing users to use items and still cancel/return them. I’ve lost a few hundred dollars from both scenarios. It’s ridiculous. I’m glad I’ve cleaned out most of my closet, but it is frustrating there isn’t a great place to sell stuff anymore

#26 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 20 March 2022 - 09:52 PM

Yup. I will continue to sell small stuff on sideline and I end up just keeping the money on my balance and spending it so I don't have to deal with a 1099 and have to dig up receipts to prove that I lost money on the sale. But large sales I take off of sideline.

#27 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 23 March 2022 - 01:51 PM

I bought a shaft from "kingsteelers50" on Sunday the 13th. He told me twice that it was shipped on the following Wednesday and Friday, both lies. With no communication or tracking updates since then, today I had finally enough and emailed SLS to cancel the sale. The customer service reps gave me a hard time and assured me the package may still be shipped, but eventually gave me the refund after a sternly-worded response. They really will do anything to keep those precious seller fees. Whatever happened to transactions automatically being cancelled after a week of non-shipment?

It's been over 10 days; the seller lied twice about it being shipped and did not respond to any of my messages after that. Once the negative feedback went through, he immediately logged in (after not logging in or responding to a single message for five days) a few minutes later and posted, "So do you still want it?" as if nothing was wrong this whole time. So NOW you can respond, right after the transaction is cancelled? In addition, SLS gave him the option to STILL send the item after nearly two weeks. What a joke. 

mol8Zoy.png

S0QNVze.png

Like Kevin mentioned before, I don't feel comfortable buying or selling anything of value if the other party can do whatever the hell they want with no repercussions. As a seller, your buyer can just refuse the package if they change their mind, wasting time and potentially gas money. They can use it for <72 hours and decide to return it. They can even break it and just claim it was sent that way. As a buyer, your seller can avoid communication and ship whenever they want, even weeks later, even after the transaction is cancelled, and SLS will still yank the money from your account. They can just cancel your purchase and relist because they want more money. They can go AWOL and keep your money tied up for days or weeks with no intent of actually selling you anything. People are not held accountable for their actions on this website and SLS doesn't care as long as they get their cut. Like Miller, I will just continue sell items that don't have much monetary and/or sentimental value. 

#28 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 24 March 2022 - 01:55 PM

I noticed some of the bigger sellers add a photo in their listings that show their social media contact info.  Savvy buyers can reach out to them via those channels and get a better deal.

I may start doing that as well and just use PayPal goods & services for protection.

#29 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 24 March 2022 - 02:25 PM

I noticed some of the bigger sellers add a photo in their listings that show their social media contact info.  Savvy buyers can reach out to them via those channels and get a better deal.

I may start doing that as well and just use PayPal goods & services for protection.

That's a very good idea. I'll be doing that as well. 

#30 Moose

Moose

Posted 25 March 2022 - 05:07 PM

Reminds of when buyers and sellers would exchange photos on ebay of a piece of paper with their email address written on it to avoid fees.

#31 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 25 March 2022 - 06:58 PM

Hell, I just did that last week!

#32 Cavs019

Cavs019

Posted 02 April 2022 - 08:36 AM

Anyone else seeing crazy inflated shipping costs on sticks now within the US on SLS?

It looks like their “shipping algorithm” is defaulting to FedEx home instead of USPS on sticks so I’m seeing like a $25-30 shipping cost instead of ~$11.

#33 ntwusc

ntwusc
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 03 April 2022 - 10:32 AM

Starting April 1st, USPS is adding a $15 surcharge to packages over 30" in length:

https://blog.stamps....-rate-increase/

#34 Cavs019

Cavs019

Posted 03 April 2022 - 10:37 AM

Good find - that is brutal!

#35 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 03 April 2022 - 11:07 AM

Ok I guess there goes shipping sticks

#36 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 03 April 2022 - 12:57 PM

Man, between tax laws and shipping changes, it’s getting harder and harder to sell anything!

#37 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 03 April 2022 - 02:07 PM

Crypto

#38 Moose

Moose

Posted 03 April 2022 - 02:21 PM

Does Crypto have its own shipping service?

#39 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 03 April 2022 - 03:59 PM

Lol I dunno I was just kidding

#40 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 03 April 2022 - 04:49 PM

I had to email SLS for new labels twice when the post office rejected them for not having enough postage. I sold them and printed the labels before the 1st and mailed them on Friday the 1st. SLS of course charged me for the extra cost. It was only $9ish total, but still annoying considering I pre-measure and weight every single package. Make sure to double-check and update everything in your inventory.