Photo

SLS Shipping BS

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 Cavs019

Cavs019

Posted 03 April 2022 - 06:04 PM

With eBay you at least have control over your label and which shipper to use. FedEx is awful so if SLS is forcing that route I’m probably done with the platform for selling.

#42 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 03 April 2022 - 09:19 PM

FedEx is the worst. I don't think I've had anything arrive on time ever. Oh well, just another detail on a world going to shit

#43 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 15 April 2022 - 04:42 PM

I woke up this morning to a restricted selling account. I assume it was from reporting fake jersey sellers, but I'm not sure because I received no explanation. When I asked SLS support, I received a generic, pre-written message. 

That's not the issue though. I have current and pending funds that I now cannot cash out. I have been fighting back and forth with their reps via email all morning, which is like pulling teeth. They have no phone number or any other way to contact them. The one message that wasn't a generic response said that my W9 was invalid, even if I filled it out months ago and have sold hundreds of dollars in merchandise since. I responded with my completed W9 twice, which was met with the same exact pre-written message (see below) both times from two different reps. Still no answer to why I was banned. To add insult to injury, they then closed my request without a resolution. I was left with $100+ in current and pending funds that I had to spend on the site. I ended up buying some Marsblades with my credit just to get this mess over with. This was the response I received over and over:

Hi, 

According to our tax collection partner Tax1099, no tax form has been submitted by your account. 

Please ensure you're logged in and then click here to submit your tax information. Your cashouts will be enabled within 10 minutes of submitting the form. 

Thank you. 

Don’t forget to check out our Help Center (http://www.help.sidelineswap.com) for quick answers to your questions!

Edit: After two days or back and forth with SLS, I was able to get my original GGS account reinstated with working W9 form. What should have taken less than an hour ended up taking nearly 48.

Please do not ask if I have X for sale or if can I get gear from X team. I don't have connections to any team nor do I stock any gear for sale.

If decide to sell something from my personal collection, I will have it listed on this site and/or SLS. If it's not listed, I do not have it for sale. 

#44 blazer88

blazer88
  • Locationlong island n.y

Posted 20 April 2022 - 11:39 AM

With eBay you at least have control over your label and which shipper to use. FedEx is awful so if SLS is forcing that route I’m probably done with the platform for selling.

And with ebay , you have control of the amount of shipping insurance you want

#45 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 20 April 2022 - 01:36 PM

Funny I just asked to do a survey on how to make shipping better on their site. Where to begin?

#46 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 20 April 2022 - 01:37 PM

Got asked

#47 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 20 April 2022 - 02:10 PM

I got the same survey email. Made comments about shipping charges and insurance

#48 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 20 April 2022 - 06:15 PM

Got the same survey. Worst issues I've had with shipping have been SLS screwing me over. That's what I wrote with more examples than I realized

#49 cthockey

cthockey

Posted 27 April 2022 - 06:20 AM

And now with USPS implementing their $15 balloon rate fee on any package over 30" you will see a HUGEEEEEE spike on shipping charges on all sites including Sideline. A stick that once cost me $8 to ship is now going to cost  $23. That $18 stick going to Cali is going to cost $33. I was told they are going to do a flat fee of $24.99 for all stick shipments and allow the seller to offer a shipping discount. 

Thankfully my post office never measures anything we bring since we normally drop off 20+ sticks a day and several other packages so we've been able to keep our measurements below the threshold and still save our customers on shipping. The day they start auditing every shipment like UPS is the day we'll have to change things.

#50 Maligator175

Maligator175
  • LocationChicago

Posted 01 May 2022 - 10:30 AM

I’ve settled into one player set, and I haven’t succumbed to this hobby as a goalie. Once I clear out my gear, I’m done with SLS. I’ll use it to sell my kids old gear for a very low amount to keep it under $600 a year. I was starting to get over this hobby anyways, but this definitely pushed me over the edge.