#61 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 24 July 2022 - 05:45 PM

WTF

#62 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 07 September 2022 - 04:36 PM

Most have you have probably noticed Play It Again Sports stores flooding the site with thousands of listings over dozens of pages, most of it being low-quality junk with hardly any pictures or descriptions. To filter them out and only see listings from individual sellers, scroll down the left side of the page and select "Lockers (Individuals)" option on the "Seller Type" panel. You can also select "Pro Stock Resellers" if you want to include better quality pro stock sellers like Thom, Fanelli, etc.

fc7f20df96575dba_original.jpeg

Alternatively, you can use this link: https://sidelineswap...]=6&sort=newest

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#63 Moose

Moose

Posted 08 September 2022 - 10:50 AM

Thanks for the tip. The PIAS listings are getting too much

#64 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 18 September 2022 - 01:16 PM

Has SLS finally listened to our feedback? It seems like this issue has improved over the past few days. PIAS posts still come up, but now there aren't dozens of pages and thousands of listings in a row covering the feed. My listings are actually getting views and not just stagnating at ~5 views like they used to.

EDIT: That didn't last long. A week after this was posted, PIAS Dedham was able to post THIRTY consecutive pages (about 1,200 listings) of their shit. PIAS stores have been flooding the site again. Absolutely ridiculous. Check the "individual lockers" and "pro stock resellers" boxes to avoid the dump. 

#65 blazer88

blazer88
  • Locationlong island n.y

Posted 06 October 2022 - 08:13 PM

Just went to accept a swap & there is no accept / reject tab online  on the swap page  both on my Pc & phone. Why do they keep screwing around with their site ?

#66 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 06 October 2022 - 08:22 PM

Not sure if it's the same but my page sometimes loads without it also, I usually just refresh and get it

#67 blazer88

blazer88

Posted 06 October 2022 - 09:09 PM

Emailed them & they said there are changes to the site & their Engineers are working on it. They approved swap , from their end.

#68 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 10 October 2022 - 02:22 PM

SLS has finally stepped it up and fixed their auctions. Now they need to come up with a solution to stopping deadbeat/withdrawing bidders. Until then, one of the head reps I've been speaking with said to report every withdrawing bidder and they will be given a warning by the SLS automated bot. So far, it's worked well and I've been moving lots of inventory. Let's hope it stays that way because all my regular listings just get lost in a sea of garbage Play it Again listings.

#69 Cavs019

Cavs019

Posted 02 December 2022 - 12:32 PM

Anyone else getting absolutely clowned by USPS at the moment? I have two things I shipped that have been sitting at the local distribution center for days, and some things I’ve bought that haven’t moved/aren’t even getting scanned. I get that they’re probably underwater right now with Black Friday/Cyber Monday/Holiday gifts but I can’t remember it ever being this bad.

#70 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 02 December 2022 - 12:38 PM

Ya had a bunch of packages in the past week that just haven't been scanned yet, including a sideline return which they require be sent back within 3 days. Shipped a week ago, still not scanned and sideline already cancelled the dispute. Nevermind that it took them 2 weeks to get me a return label and I mailed it the next day, if USPS doesn't scan it what else can I do?

#71 blazer88

blazer88

Posted 04 December 2022 - 01:00 PM

as long as the post office that accepted the items scanned them , you should be fine. For USPS to accept packages , they have to scan them & give you a receipt. Always get your receipt.

#72 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 04 December 2022 - 02:29 PM

as long as the post office that accepted the items scanned them , you should be fine. For USPS to accept packages , they have to scan them & give you a receipt. Always get your receipt.

My local office has a drop box for pre labeled stuff. Saves me from waiting on long lines just to hand over a package

#73 xstartxtodayx

xstartxtodayx
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 10 December 2022 - 12:32 PM

I have a bunch of gear I'd like to sell but this thread makes me wary of using SLS.  I've used ebay for years but SLS does cater to a more niche group of buyers which is nice.  It sounds like their fees are higher than ebay though and this shipping nonsense seems like a headache (plus I just had the hardest time asking a seller for more info about a stick since SLS kept deleting our messages with no explanation, I was asking if they could send me a pic of the curve since "P90" could mean one of like 3 curves on a CCM lol). 

- Jon

#74 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 10 December 2022 - 04:37 PM

I wouldn't list anything you actually care about on SLS, but if you don't care how much money you get or how long it takes to sell, then go ahead. Be prepared for a lot of huge lowballs and extremely stupid questions from buyers. I'd also wait until after the new year because the market is terrible right now and nothing is selling. 

#75 blazer88

blazer88

Posted 10 December 2022 - 09:27 PM

My local office has a drop box for pre labeled stuff. Saves me from waiting on long lines just to hand over a package

I'm all for not waiting on line , but a acceptance receipt  proves they accepted your package with the location , date & time. Usps , Ups and Fedex  , I don't trust any of them. Always get receipt.

#76 blazer88

blazer88

Posted 01 January 2023 - 08:55 PM

No a shipping issue , as a seller , my item was delivered over 72hrs ago & my funds still have not been released. They do this all the time !

#77 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 06 January 2023 - 05:32 PM

I think I’m officially done with SLS.

Before I used to avoid getting hit with duty charges 9 times out of 10 if the item was under $100, but now I’m getting hit with duty charges every single time, no matter the cost. And on top of that, I am now being charged tax on items from sellers within Canada. I bought an item for $80 USD and by the time it got to me it ended up costing over $175 CAD. Between the crappy exchange rate and the additional duty its not even worth it any more. 

#78 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 06 January 2023 - 09:07 PM

That is why I stopped shipping to Canada on SLS. I kept receiving negative feedback from Canadian buyers because of the import/duty fees, as if they were my fault. SLS removed the offending feedback, but it seems like you guys up north are getting hosed with all these charges. 

#79 blazer88

blazer88

Posted 01 March 2023 - 11:37 AM

Just received email , SLS is increasing their seller fee's from 9 to 10%

#80 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 01 March 2023 - 12:53 PM

Such a joke. I would say I've successfully gotten about 80% of the offers for my listings to just use PayPal and avoided the fees altogether. At this point I just use it to advertise