Photo

Bauer 2X Pro gloves

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kpowers55

Kpowers55

Posted 11 March 2022 - 03:14 PM

I’m a big fan of the vapor series pro gloves and one of the reasons is that most models have had the flex thumb.

The way the 2X pros look on the thumb, it doesn’t look like it’s designed in a way where they can flex.

Does anyone have any experience or input on these?

#2 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 11 March 2022 - 06:14 PM

Not sure what you mean, but yes they still have a flex thumb. Someone can correct me, but I thought Bauer started to move away from the 3-piece flex thumbs and toward a simpler 2-piece thumb.

In general, I haven’t been a fan of Vapor gloves since the APX2 and 1x. Since the 1x lite Bauer has made the gloves lighter by removing protective materials like Poron. The overall design is basically the same still so might as well stick with the older models

#3 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 11 March 2022 - 07:28 PM

The design of the 2x pro is the same as the old vapor team gloves. You're correct that they moved away from the amazing 3 piece thumb to a2 piece. I'm not sure if it's related to the patent or something else

#4 Hills

Hills
  • LocationNiagara Ontario

Posted 12 March 2022 - 03:40 PM

The design of the 2x pro is the same as the old vapor team gloves. You're correct that they moved away from the amazing 3 piece thumb to a2 piece. I'm not sure if it's related to the patent or something else

It is $$$ and weight for why they removed it. Ultrasonic still has a 3 piece thumb.

#5 Kpowers55

Kpowers55

Posted 18 March 2022 - 10:10 AM

Thanks for the replies. That’s too bad that they’re cheaping out on materials. Are they cheaping out on pro stocks as well? I should have been clear in my original post that I usually buy pro stock players’ gloves, not the “pro” series crap that manufacturers have been putting out lately

#6 Hills

Hills
  • LocationNiagara Ontario

Posted 18 March 2022 - 03:05 PM

Thanks for the replies. That’s too bad that they’re cheaping out on materials. Are they cheaping out on pro stocks as well? I should have been clear in my original post that I usually buy pro stock players’ gloves, not the “pro” series crap that manufacturers have been putting out lately

Depends on the glove and player specs. I have a 2 pro stock 2S Pros, one are from the NHL and another are NCAA. NHL ones are what you expect from Bauer pro stock, Poron, dense foam, plastic inserts with poron backhand liner. NCAA are retail foams and no plastic but with a thicker top layer of foam.

Had someone else mention their NHL 2S Pro had no plastics are were the retail spec... so hard to say without seeing each glove.

#7 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 18 March 2022 - 06:52 PM

Yeah that was me, I had a pair of Kyle Clifford's 2s pros that did not have plastic, but they had poron for sure