Photo

Jetspeed girdle

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SAC56

SAC56

Posted 16 September 2022 - 11:39 AM

Do someone has an experience with the Jetspeed girdle? For sure, will not be protective as the 9k, but what are de benefit of this girdle compare to the new bauer one and the old 9k and supertack (which I never tried).

Thanks

#2 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 16 September 2022 - 01:11 PM

I owned both the ACP pro and Jetspeed for a week or so before going back to the 9k.

ACP Pro

-nice that its a full wrap girdle so you can put it on second last if you really wanted to

-has leg adjustment but its only at the front of the thigh

-relatively light but not overly protective

-lack of step in portion means the tailbone protection just kind of floats there and its a bit annoying IMO

Jetspeed

-weird diaper step-in portion that is wide enough so you can step in after you’ve put shins on

-also opens up but the weird diaper thing makes it harder to get on than the Bauer

-lighter than the bauer

-not as protective as the 9K

-highly adjustable everywhere

#3 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 16 September 2022 - 01:14 PM

Should also add that the Jetspeed doesn’t have anything to attach the shell to whereas the Bauer does. 

#4 xstartxtodayx

xstartxtodayx
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 16 September 2022 - 02:26 PM

I've had 9K's and have a Super Tacks now and have looked at the Jetspeed since I was curious if it might be a lighter option.  It's essentially a sort of stripped down Super Tacks girdle (which I find the ST more protective than the 9K and lighter) that is slightly less protective and slightly less adjustable (biggest thing for me is it doesn't have the adjustable spine pad).  It all comes down to your taste... some people like traditional girdles you step into, some like the wrap style.  I like the traditional style ones since I grew up with those (back in the grey Cooper days), I've tried a wrap one for a season and didn't care for it, that's when I went 9K and after a couple of those changed to a Super Tacks which I love.

- Jon

#5 SAC56

SAC56

Posted 17 September 2022 - 06:14 AM

Thanks for your feedback. I’ll try to find a supertack instead. Protection looks better.

#6 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 17 September 2022 - 11:30 AM

Can’t speak to the jet speed, but I love my super tacks girdle