Photo

Bauer Vapor Hyperlite skates

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rbark11

rbark11
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 28 September 2022 - 02:16 PM

Looking in potentially picking up a pair of vapor hyperlite skates. Just wanted to see if anyone has any feedback on them so far

#2 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 29 September 2022 - 08:53 AM

On two separate occasions, I tried them on in-store.  The stock tongues are one of the worst designs I've ever experienced.  They were biting at my ankles almost immediately.  The seam that joins the front to the back of the tongue appears to be poorly placed and creates an edge that was digging into my ankles.  Most people I know that have them have opted to go the custom route and get regular felt tongues.  

I can't offer much beyond that because I've never tried them on ice.  I'm considering getting a custom pair, but I'm also pretty happy with my pro stock FT4 Pro's right now.

#3 rbark11

rbark11
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 29 September 2022 - 12:50 PM

On two separate occasions, I tried them on in-store. The stock tongues are one of the worst designs I've ever experienced. They were biting at my ankles almost immediately. The seam that joins the front to the back of the tongue appears to be poorly placed and creates an edge that was digging into my ankles. Most people I know that have them have opted to go the custom route and get regular felt tongues.

I can't offer much beyond that because I've never tried them on ice. I'm considering getting a custom pair, but I'm also pretty happy with my pro stock FT4 Pro's right now.

Thanks for the feedback. I haven’t tried them on yet, but I don’t know why they used that new tongue. How is the fit on those FT4 pros compared to vapors? I currently have vapor APXs and they have been comfortable so I’m trying to stick with vapors

#4 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 13 October 2022 - 04:32 PM

So far I’m really liking the FT4 Pro. They are not overly stiff but feel very responsive. I came from custom VH, and Bauer Supreme NXG’s before that. I had issues with lace bite in older Vapor boots.

The FT4 Pro feels like a normal volume boot to me. My only complaint with them is that I’ve had a small amount of heel slip in the right boot because my right foot has slightly less volume. It went away with a thicker sock and some adjustment to how I tighten them up. I’m going to try a thicker tongue on that skate since they are removable.

#5 tyson_two

tyson_two

Posted 14 October 2022 - 02:01 PM

I've had these for about 6 months now.  Normally im wearing EE width Supremes (1S, Total Ones etc).  I got these in a fit 3 (largest volume) and they fit just like my supremes. I've tried EE width vapors before and still found them narrow. 

As for the tongue, I keep the tongues out and there hasn't been any issues.  I can see, that if i were to tuck the tongue under my shin pads they would ride high up my shins.  But if i have them over the shin pads i haven't experienced any issues. 

In my opinion these just felt nice, similar to my 1S.  Nothing amazing to report, i mean they look way better than my supremes, thats pretty much it (and thats just personal preference).